Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2006, 02:28 AM
Beginner

Default Which side of the ship?

I have been on 9 cruises but have never had a balcony. We are going on the Carnival Spirit in April 2007 for our 20th anniversary from Hawaii to Vancouver and getting a balcony. Is one side of the ship better to be on while in the Hawaiian Islands? Any info would be great. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2006, 01:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Red, if you're gonna finally book a balcony, the Hwaii cruise the one to do so! Congrats.

First, I love the Spirit -- been on her twice. And 2nd, here is a photo gallery of teh ship and a balcony cabin:

http://cruisemates.com/gallery/view.php?id=1524

Honestly, the views are great from either side of the ship, so don't sweat that too much. But if given my druthers, I would book on the starboard side -- you face Honolulu when in port. However, we were on port side, which meant that for the bulk of the trip we did not have the blazing sun in the afternoon. Either will be fine, I promise.

And do get the Hawaii Revealed books -- best ones I had on the islands! I also know a great car rental site -- we had Dodge Neons for $35 total a day.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old June 1st, 2006, 02:09 AM
Beginner

Thanks Harry for the advise. Enjoyed looking at your photos. Went ahead and booked the starboard side of the ship - balcony!! I can't wait to go. I don't know if I can wait 11 months. Will look into getting that book.
Old February 8th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Passenger

This is YOUR cruise...you decide, that's part of the fun.

CIAO,
NCL's~PRIDE OF HAWAII~HAWAIIAN ISL's~9/07
OCEANIA's INSIGNIA~more MEDITERRANEAN, part II~6/08
Old February 8th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Which side of the ship?

Red Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I have been on 9 cruises but have never had a balcony. We are going on the Carnival Spirit in April 2007 for our 20th anniversary from Hawaii to Vancouver and getting a balcony. Is one side of the ship better to be on while in the Hawaiian Islands? Any info would be great. Thanks.
I don't see how it matters.

>> These ships will dock at industrial ports, which tend to be pretty ugly because aesthetics is not a priority in industrial areas, in the Hawai'ian Islands. The side of the ship that's away from the pier usually has the better view.

>> The transits from one port of the Hawai'ian Islands to another will be mostly at night, when you won't see much anyway.

>> During the transit from the Hawai'ian Islands to Vancouver, you'll see a lot of water on both sides. The starboard side will get the sunrises while the port side will get the sunsets.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old March 9th, 2007, 02:48 PM
Passenger

I would definately go with the starboard side of the ship. The views are magnificant and I found them to be utterly breathtaking. I hope you enjoy your cruise as well as I enjoyed mine.

Let us know how it goes.