CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   South Pacific - Hawaii (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/)
-   -   Best time to cruise to Hawaii?? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/316272-best-time-cruise-hawaii.html)

Josie June 27th, 2006 07:45 AM

Best time to cruise to Hawaii??

we are planning a round trip cruise from Southern Cal to Hawaii for 2007. We are flexible on the dates - could go in summer or early fall (up until November). Is there any time "better" than others? Is there a rainy season?

Kuki June 27th, 2006 02:53 PM

I believe rainy season in Hawaii is actually through the winter months (Jan-Feb).

We've sailed Hawaii in the spring and in the fall, and have hit mostly good weather.

Rev22:17 June 28th, 2006 12:57 AM

Josie,

we are planning a round trip cruise from Southern Cal to Hawaii for 2007. We are flexible on the dates - could go in summer or early fall (up until November). Is there any time "better" than others? Is there a rainy season?

Yes. The best time to go to Hawai'i is when the ships actually go there since it's a long swim to the ports of call the rest of the time. Most ships go to Hawai'i from October to April.

Norm.

Robbie H July 2nd, 2006 03:27 PM

Also space is selling out rapidly on some of the roundtrip LA-Hawaii so I'd let price/availability be your guide. Using a T/A that doesn't charge you to switch the cruise date(s) is nice just in case...........

Josie July 5th, 2006 04:31 PM

Availability does seem rather limited. And prices highly variable.
I wonder why Princess is charging $1000 more for a balcony room (for 2) than Celebrity 15/14 night cruise. I have preferences for both (prefer the anytime dining, but prefer Celebrity overall) but for $1000, I'll eat when they tell me to eat and have one less day. Princess stops at Kauai, but that can't be the difference. Maybe its too early for the price competition.

Rev22:17 July 5th, 2006 09:32 PM

Josie,

Availability does seem rather limited. And prices highly variable.
I wonder why Princess is charging $1000 more for a balcony room (for 2) than Celebrity 15/14 night cruise. I have preferences for both (prefer the anytime dining, but prefer Celebrity overall) but for $1000, I'll eat when they tell me to eat and have one less day. Princess stops at Kauai, but that can't be the difference. Maybe its too early for the price competition.

If you're looking at the cruise to Hawai'i aboard GTS Infinity on 22 October of this year, the original itinerary did include Kauai (Nawiliwili). but the dock apparently was not available. Thus, celebirty rearranged the schedule so the ship will spend two days in Honolulu. I'm glad that they made the swap, as now I don't have to choose between Pearl Harbor and Waikiki....

Anyway, thera are a few other CruiseMates heading to Hawai'i aboard GTS Infinity on 22 October, so why not come join is?

Norm.

DianeT July 6th, 2006 11:39 AM

Josie,

We will be cruising to Hawaii on Island princess on Sept. 21st of this year. Typically we fly to Hawaii every other year for at least 2 weeks. We love the fall season. Mid-September through October. Prices are lower, much less crowded than summer time and the weather is perfect - a few degrees cooler than mid-summer but very little rain. However, late fall, winter and early spring - there is a chance you will have cooler weather the first day or two cruising out of Southern California and the last couple of days coming back.