Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2006, 11:48 AM
Beginner

Default Pride of America Cruise or Resort on Maui??

Hello all, my 15th anniversary is coming up next February. I want to spend it in Hawaii. Please help me to decide between a cruise and a resort vacation. This will be my first visit to Hawaii (my 4th cruise vacation). I had initially decided to book the 7 day cruise on the Pride of America. After ready reviews of the ship and various experiences both positive and negative I am now wondering if it might be a better idea to just book a resort vacation on Maui (Hyatt Regency or Sheraton Maui Resort). I welcome any and all advise or reviews of the ship or Maui resorts. I don't want to spend so much money only to be disappointed.
Thanks so much for your help
CJ
Sponsored Links
Old August 23rd, 2006, 10:28 PM
Admiral

cjinutah,

Hello all, my 15th anniversary is coming up next February. I want to spend it in Hawaii. Please help me to decide between a cruise and a resort vacation. This will be my first visit to Hawaii (my 4th cruise vacation). I had initially decided to book the 7 day cruise on the Pride of America. After ready reviews of the ship and various experiences both positive and negative I am now wondering if it might be a better idea to just book a resort vacation on Maui (Hyatt Regency or Sheraton Maui Resort). I welcome any and all advise or reviews of the ship or Maui resorts. I don't want to spend so much money only to be disappointed.
Thanks so much for your help

Welcome aboard!

For an anniversary, I would go for the cruise to Hawai'i, round trip from Los Angeles or San Diego, on one of the better lines like Princess or Celebrity. These cruises are typically fourteen or fifteen days, and you probably will find that the days at sea are the most romantic of all. More importantly, you're not dealing with embarkation and disembarkation while you are in the islands so you'll see just as much of the islands as on the Pride of Aloha itnierary.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.
Old November 28th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Admiral

I too am looking for the same info. It's my 20th next Feb and have been debating between a Hawaiian cruise or a resort. Someone must have some info!
Old January 5th, 2007, 07:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to redstangjt

We did the Pride of America in May 2006, I had read many reviews about how terrible this ship was, so carried my own lysol, bleach cloths and misc cleaning items. I have to say this was one of the bust cruises I have ever been on, and plan on another one out of Honolulu in the next few years. The food was very good, we were so busy that we didn't have time to visit any of the formal dining areas, but the buffets each night had a different theme. You are on the islands away from the ship so much that you don't have time to pick things apart. We also had three full days in Honolulu at the Radisson prior to sailing, and were upgraded automatically by Norweigion to a balcony ocean view room at no charge. The whole cruise, airfare and motel room cost us about $2,000 per person and was worth every penny. I would not hesitate one minute to book this trip again exactly as before. This trip lets you to see all four islands, I would hate to fly that distance only to see one of them. Each has a presence of its own, unforgetable, something everyone should see in a life time. Truly Paridise!!!
Old January 15th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Passenger

I know you've already made your reservations but, I hope you chose the cruise. I loved the one I took last year and would go again in a heart beat. Happy Anniversary.
JZ