Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Beginner

Default Hawaii Suggestions--NCL or RCCL?

Hi!

My husband and I are going on our belated honeymoon and want to do a cruise to Hawaii. He has cruised once with NCL--this is my first time. We're looking at the Radiance of the Seas on RCCL. It's more expensive than NCL, but for some reason we like it more from the pics and reviews. DH really enjoyed NCL, but I've read a lot of sketchy reviews.

We're looking at a 15 night on Radiance for $1929 or an 11 night on Pride of Aloha from $949. (with NCL, we will have to buy airline tickets. We can use FF miles for RCCL since it starts out of LA).

From the perspective of experienced cruisers, is that cost difference worth it or are those cruise lines and ships fairly comparable?

Thanks so much!
Hannah
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Beginner

WE HAVE CRUISED THREE TIMES FROM THE WEST COAST (WHERE WE LIVE)TO HAWAII. ONE WAS ON RADIANCE. TWO WERE ON SERENADE, HER SISTER. THOSE WERE 10 AND 11 NIGHT CRUISES, REQUIRING YOU TO FLY HOME. THIS APRIL WE WILL SAIL RADIANCE ROUND TRIP FROM SAN DIEGO. HERE ARE SOME THOUGHTS. IT'S RADIANCE, ALL THE WAY. THAT CLASS OF SHIP IS THE BEST IN THE FLEET. PERIOD. GET A VERANDA CABIN. YOU MIGHT WANT TO LOOK AT A ONE WAY TRIP WHICH WILL ALLOW YOU TO STAY AT A RESORT AT THE END OF THE CRUISE. OUR ONE CRUIS ON NCL WAS OK, NOT GREAT. I'M ALSO CONCERNED THAT THE SERVICE MIGHT NOT BE AS GOOD ON NCL. THEIR CREWS ARE USA, ONLY. THAT'S MY HUMBLE OPINION...LARRY
Old February 8th, 2007, 01:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Don't know about NCL, but I have been on Radiance class ships mulitple times and they are great. RCI is on the high-end for mid-class ships but it seems to match our families interests and style.
Old February 8th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Beginner

Great--thank you so much! We booked the Radiance. So excited!
Old February 8th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Hannah,

Quote:
My husband and I are going on our belated honeymoon and want to do a cruise to Hawaii. He has cruised once with NCL--this is my first time. We're looking at the Radiance of the Seas on RCCL. It's more expensive than NCL, but for some reason we like it more from the pics and reviews. DH really enjoyed NCL, but I've read a lot of sketchy reviews.

We're looking at a 15 night on Radiance for $1929 or an 11 night on Pride of Aloha from $949. (with NCL, we will have to buy airline tickets. We can use FF miles for RCCL since it starts out of LA).

From the perspective of experienced cruisers, is that cost difference worth it or are those cruise lines and ships fairly comparable?

Thanks so much!
The Hawai'ian Islands are absolutely wonderful, but no match for the days at sea during the transit from Los Angeles. Those wonderfully romantic days at sea are well worth the difference in the fare!

Norm.
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Passenger

Default belated honeymoon

Hi Hanna
How was your trip on radiance, we are booked for sept 26/2008.
wedding in maui and honeymoon,how did you find your trip overall?any quick tips.
we are booked on the 9th deck balcony state room did you enjoy it?

Regards
Dave