Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2007, 09:08 AM
Beginner

Default ncl renting a car as a shore excursion

help!!!has anyone ever booked a rental car with ncl as a shore excursion...i looked into this and for a mini van it was cheeper than on my own....just wondering will it be worth the agrivation if this is a longer process....any info on this would help..pride of aloha march 18 2007 cindy
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2007, 07:48 PM
Beginner

How was your cruise??? I am booked on the Pride of Hawaii for April 30 and was wondering about the rental car issue as well. I saw on the description on NCL's website that the rental car "excursion" was listed as "4 hours" in duration.

Can you shed any light? I'm thinking of renting a car for one day and then maybe arranging a tour on the other in both Maui and Kauai.
Old March 28th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Beginner

just back from pride of aloha.march 18.rented a car at every port ncl shore excursion...they use alamo...was very happy with every port except hilo.if you rent be sure to catch the 7.30 shuttle from pier to pick up car..we waited till 9.00 like they said..they only take the driver on this bus(all the other alamo buses on port took our whole group)so this became a very late start,,lines very long at alamo...then the tell us traffic is so bad after 3.30 that we have to have car back by 2.30 or 3.30 this is the only two shuttles they offer.....and this is on the north side of town..so we beached it this day and returned car and shop in town next to pier..lots of shops right there...if you snorkle snorkle at the little inlet there the kids are swimming and people who snorkled told us it was great..we could see sea turtle from shore...n.cl does a bad job of communicating ..yes you can keep car overnignt in kaui and maui there is free parking...cindy aloha
Old August 15th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Passenger

We just returned from Hawaii Aug. 4th on NCL and they no longer offer rental cars as an excursion option. You need to book your own.