CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   South Pacific - Hawaii (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/)
-   -   Suggestions for Hawaii (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/332506-suggestions-hawaii.html)

DEEN April 30th, 2007 12:27 PM

Suggestions for Hawaii

Can anyone suggest any tours for Hawaii? Traveling with two kids ages 7 and 11. On Norwegian leaving on May 07 to Honolulu, Hilo, Kahului, Kona, Nawiliwili, Honolulu. Thank you very much.

P.S I will rent a car at evry port.

David West April 30th, 2007 05:44 PM

Re: Suggestions for Hawaii

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEEN
Can anyone suggest any tours for Hawaii? Traveling with two kids ages 7 and 11. On Norwegian leaving on May 07 to Honolulu, Hilo, Kahului, Kona, Nawiliwili, Honolulu. Thank you very much.

P.S I will rent a car at evry port.

Can't remember what Island its on, but go see the Dole Pineapple Plantation.
You can Google the name," Dole Pineapple Plantation". And it will give you a link to go there. Also, once you eat a pineapple from Hawaii, the ones in the states just don't taste the same. The Hawaii pineapples are great ! :)

Happy Sailing to all; :D
David

katluc May 18th, 2007 04:15 PM

I don't know how much time you have in each port, but on Oahu, by kids really like Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center. Each one of these could take a full day. Out of Hilo I would go to the volcanoes.

Have a great trip,
Kathy

tradewinds June 1st, 2007 10:15 PM

excursions and children

What did you decide to do? I am still bookling our trip and debating with a 10, 13, and 17 yr old

frankyP4lover July 25th, 2007 03:18 PM

Hawaii Tours

There are a ton of good activities and tours on the Hawaiian Islands. I've been on some, but not a whole lot. I try and go to Hawaii once every 2 years. I used to live there.

Here are a couple good resources to help you research. I can't tell you how important it is to do your research before hand! You don't want to get sucked into what ever is around and not have a good experience, especially considering that you're going on all the islands. (i'm going in November!!)

Hawaii Discount Activities is a good one. They have descriptions and a really big selection.

Maui Vacation Network has activities as well as info on rentals, cars, restaurants, etc...

Hawaiian Activities is also a good one. This has mostly activities for Maui, but covers other islands too.

I personally would do a boat trip to snorkel. See if you can do a night dive, or snorkel on the big island with Manta Rays. I did this and won't forget it!

Still need info on Luaus.

If you're adventurous, do a doors-off helicopter ride, though the kids might freak out. I would take them to the best beaches and save some money over doing the heli. Heli tours are better for couples and older kids.

Hope this helps. Have fun!