Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 30th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Passenger

Default Suggestions for Hawaii

Can anyone suggest any tours for Hawaii? Traveling with two kids ages 7 and 11. On Norwegian leaving on May 07 to Honolulu, Hilo, Kahului, Kona, Nawiliwili, Honolulu. Thank you very much.

P.S I will rent a car at evry port.
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2007, 05:44 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to David West Send a message via Yahoo to David West
Default Re: Suggestions for Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEEN
Can anyone suggest any tours for Hawaii? Traveling with two kids ages 7 and 11. On Norwegian leaving on May 07 to Honolulu, Hilo, Kahului, Kona, Nawiliwili, Honolulu. Thank you very much.

P.S I will rent a car at evry port.
Can't remember what Island its on, but go see the Dole Pineapple Plantation.
You can Google the name," Dole Pineapple Plantation". And it will give you a link to go there. Also, once you eat a pineapple from Hawaii, the ones in the states just don't taste the same. The Hawaii pineapples are great !

Happy Sailing to all;
David
Legend May 2009
Liberty - Aug.23 2008
Fantasy - Sept.22 2007
Fantasy - Sept.27 2007 (B 2 B )
Holiday- Sept.- 2006
Valor- May - 2006
Conquest- August- 2003
Inspiration-Sept.-2001
Enchanted Isle- Sept.- 1999
Old May 18th, 2007, 04:15 PM
First Mate

I don't know how much time you have in each port, but on Oahu, by kids really like Pearl Harbor and the Polynesian Cultural Center. Each one of these could take a full day. Out of Hilo I would go to the volcanoes.

Have a great trip,
Kathy
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:15 PM
Passenger

Default excursions and children

What did you decide to do? I am still bookling our trip and debating with a 10, 13, and 17 yr old
Old July 25th, 2007, 03:18 PM
Passenger

Default Hawaii Tours

There are a ton of good activities and tours on the Hawaiian Islands. I've been on some, but not a whole lot. I try and go to Hawaii once every 2 years. I used to live there.

Here are a couple good resources to help you research. I can't tell you how important it is to do your research before hand! You don't want to get sucked into what ever is around and not have a good experience, especially considering that you're going on all the islands. (i'm going in November!!)

Hawaii Discount Activities is a good one. They have descriptions and a really big selection.

Maui Vacation Network has activities as well as info on rentals, cars, restaurants, etc...

Hawaiian Activities is also a good one. This has mostly activities for Maui, but covers other islands too.

I personally would do a boat trip to snorkel. See if you can do a night dive, or snorkel on the big island with Manta Rays. I did this and won't forget it!

Still need info on Luaus.

If you're adventurous, do a doors-off helicopter ride, though the kids might freak out. I would take them to the best beaches and save some money over doing the heli. Heli tours are better for couples and older kids.

Hope this helps. Have fun!