Rental car question
I am renting a car at every port
1) are the overnights really that big of an issue? that we should be concerned about getting back to the ship late?
2) has anyone rented a car and taken the luau excursion? was it better to go back to the ship and then go out to the luau
3) I rented a standard car we have 5, is there beside room in car an advantage to the 4WD worth the price difference - will not having the 4WD impact your vacation and touring ability?
1.A lot of companies will rent a car overnight. Do your research. All the big companies have locations on every island. Yes, be concerned about getting back late. You may need to hop a flight to another island, though this is cheap, but staying overnight in a hotel or resort is not.
2. I don't know what the Luau Excursion is. There are many luaus on the islands though. Maui has the largest selection and best luaus.
3. You don't need a 4WD on any of the islands. If you plan on going back country and off of the main roads, you will, if things are wet. Kauai is always wet and so is Hana and Hilo on Maui and the big Island. Don't worry about getting 4WD. In an average day, you won't be offroading.
Don't get ripped off!! You may be able to get better rates if you stay with the same rental company the whole time and book all at once. Check out these Hawaii Car rental tips.
Have a great time!
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.|