Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Captain

Default I'm engaged Time to plan the honeymoon cruise

The Wedding is all about the bride. The honeymoon is all about the groom lol

The wedding will be 1/8/2011 that gives me 3 years to plan the honeymoon. We want to do a cruise from California to Hawaii. My finance' is nervous about embarking fro Mexico so I am wondering which cruise lines, if any cruise out of Southern California to Hawaii (I think she be OK if we stop in Mexico just not embark.

Also can anyone give me their opinions on which line is best for this itinerary. I have cruised Carnival five time and RCCL once but these were group cruises to the Caribbean, when I was single/solo.

Naturally we will want some romatic alone time so a balcony and if we can afford it after all the wedding expenes a suite. So cabin layout/size is an issue. And of course the food must be superb as this will probably be a 12 day or so cruise.

Any thoughts would be welcome.
RCI Monarch of The Seas 1998
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Upcoming Fascination 11/5/09
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Celebrity does it and I'm pretty sure Princess and Holland America do too.
best thing to do is Google their websites and check it out. Of course NCL Does Hawaiian cruises too.
Just curious, what's she got against getting off the ship in Mexico?

Polynesia, Carib. '86
Cr. Odyssey, Scandinavia, '91, 30 Day S Pac. 2002
Crystal Harm, Aust., N.Z., '94
Royal Odyssey, AK,'96
Old Cr. Pr. Canal, '97
RCCL, Carib, 1998
Volendam, Car, 2000
Ryndam, 35 day S. Am., Antarctica, '03
Is. Pr., Canal, 2004
Statendam, 34 day China, Japan, AK '06
Cr.Pr., Carib. 08
Eurodam, Atlantic, Med. '10
Golden Princess
Old March 9th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Captain

My Fiance' isn't much of a traveler ans is nervous about leaving the US to go to any foreign port but after talking to her saide she be ok with a stop in Mexico. I will google the sites`as you suggest.
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Old October 19th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: I'm engaged Time to plan the honeymoon cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe323
The Wedding is all about the bride. The honeymoon is all about the groom lol

The wedding will be 1/8/2011 that gives me 3 years to plan the honeymoon. We want to do a cruise from California to Hawaii. My finance' is nervous about embarking fro Mexico so I am wondering which cruise lines, if any cruise out of Southern California to Hawaii (I think she be OK if we stop in Mexico just not embark.

Also can anyone give me their opinions on which line is best for this itinerary. I have cruised Carnival five time and RCCL once but these were group cruises to the Caribbean, when I was single/solo.

Naturally we will want some romatic alone time so a balcony and if we can afford it after all the wedding expenes a suite. So cabin layout/size is an issue. And of course the food must be superb as this will probably be a 12 day or so cruise.

Any thoughts would be welcome.
Since you are getting married in 2011 , you'll find that most cruise lines don't have schedules that far in advance.
We booked a cruise in the SP on Celebrity about 3 months ago. 6 weeks ago they canceled this cruise. They decided to move the ships to the Caribbean instead.

You might start to see them late this summer or early fall. Some might be as late as spring 2010.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old October 25th, 2008, 01:37 AM
Beginner

i think you should search at google..You can get so much help from there as there is a lot of time still left from your wedding.
Old October 25th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Captain

Thanks everyone for the help. We have a freind who is a T/A and will be doing the leg work for us as well as setting up a honeymoon registry.
Ecstasy 2000
Carnival Miracle 9/24/07
Old December 29th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

NCLA Pride of America was great for our honeymoon, we did a week in Oahu and a week cruise it was great. we had a suite (10520) i have pictures if you are intrested. ALlso i have a membership to a website that I can see cabin pictures before we cruise from other cruisers so if you are thinking of a different ship or line let me know i will pull up what pics we have
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America