Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Passenger

Default FIRST TIME IN HAWAII

Hello everyone - any general info that you could give me on what not too miss when I am cruising the islands in 3 weeks. Might be my only time over there and would not want to miss anything. Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hawaii Islands what not to miss

we found a lot of information on Hawaii Cruise Excursions we booked tours on 3 islands with this company. Have to see the volcanos, must do a helicopter tour and there are just so many options...good luck with your choices, it was flipping a coin to decide:-)
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
Passenger

Everyone is different and that's why your question is so hard to answer. My first suggestion would be to go to your local library (or bookstore) and check to see if they carry the "Revealed" series - there's one for each island. That will help you decide what you might want to see or do on each of the island. Usually, people explore the Waimea Canyon or the Na Pali coast (via a helicopter) on Kaua'i, water sports or a trip to Hana or up to Haleakala is big on Mau'i. The Big Island, there's Kona for water sports, Hilo, there's Volcano National Park. Honolulu (on Oah'u) has aquariums, museums, Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, the Dole Pineapple Plantation, the Polynesian Cultural Center and on and on.

Do you prefer water sports, hiking, nature, shopping, fishing a combination of two or more?

My biggest suggestion is don't try to do everything. Pick out one or two things and stick with that. It's better to just do a couple of things and really enjoy them then trying to cram everything in and not remembering any of it. Hawai'i is all about relaxing.
Old May 1st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Passenger

Everyone is different and that's why your question is so hard to answer. My first suggestion would be to go to your local library (or bookstore) and check to see if they carry the "Revealed" series - there's one for each island. That will help you decide what you might want to see or do on each of the island. Usually, people explore the Waimea Canyon or the Na Pali coast (via a helicopter) on Kaua'i, water sports or a trip to Hana or up to Haleakala is big on Mau'i. The Big Island, there's Kona for water sports, Hilo, there's Volcano National Park. Honolulu (on Oah'u) has aquariums, museums, Pearl Harbor, Diamond Head, the Dole Pineapple Plantation, the Polynesian Cultural Center and on and on.

Do you prefer water sports, hiking, nature, shopping, fishing a combination of two or more?

My biggest suggestion is don't try to do everything. Pick out one or two things and stick with that. It's better to just do a couple of things and really enjoy them then trying to cram everything in and not remembering any of it. Hawai'i is all about relaxing.
Old July 11th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Hawaii Islands what not to miss

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFish
we found a lot of information on Hawaii Cruise Excursions we booked tours on 3 islands with this company. Have to see the volcanos, must do a helicopter tour and there are just so many options...good luck with your choices, it was flipping a coin to decide:-)
How much did u pay?