Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Beginner

Default Hilton Waikoloa Village in Kona,Hawaii

Has anyone visited this hotel and used their pool facilities? The pools are supposed to be very good.
We're looking for info about transportation aa well as how good the pools are.
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Passenger

We have visited their hotel several times, but I'm not sure if the pools are for day use by non-hotel guests. You might want to check that out directly with the hotel. They do have a public access to their beach however. You might want to consider wandering up the road a bit to the Royal Waikaloan - they aren't as restrictive with their pools, although you will have to provide your own towels at the pool and other faciilties.

Have a great visit!
Old April 29th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Beginner

We have done some research and learned that for a fee, we can use their pool facilities. We were hoping to find someone who has visited the village and who could give us a review and let us know if its worth the trip.
Old April 29th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Passenger

We have visited several times - is there something in particular that you are interested in? The hotel complex is huge and you can get around either by walking, taking boats or a combination of the two. There are several restaurants and more museum quality statuary and artwork than I've seen in some museums.

If you have a specific concern or interest, I'll be happy to try and help!
Old April 30th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Beginner

We were going just for the pools. Is it like a waterpark with slides and stuff?
Also, were going to have to get a cab from the port area. Do you know how far it is or how long it takes to get there from the port?
We were hoping that this was a good place to visit since we couldn't find a better excursion.
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:14 PM
Passenger

Sorry, I didn't check in yesterday! Stupid spring cold and all.

I remember there being one big pool that had access to the ocean, but also more seculsive swimming. I'm sure there are other pool, one has dolphins you can swim with (for a charge). I know the pool over at the Royal Waikaloan has a slide, but it's nothing like a water park.

Oooh,taking taxi out - you're looking at about a 35 minute ride, without traffic, at best. The traffic can get really stacked up on Hwy 19.

What you might want to do is find a copy of "Hawai'i The Big Island Revealed" and see what they have to say. The library should have a coy and you can find all the 'Revealed" books at your local bookstore. I'm thinking there's a waterpark closer to Kona now, but can't remember any of the details - a newer edition might list something.
Old May 1st, 2008, 05:16 PM
Passenger

Sorry, I didn't check in yesterday! Stupid spring cold and all.

I remember there being one big pool that had access to the ocean, but also more seculsive swimming. I'm sure there are other pool, one has dolphins you can swim with (for a charge). I know the pool over at the Royal Waikaloan has a slide, but it's nothing like a water park.

Oooh,taking taxi out - you're looking at about a 35 minute ride, without traffic, at best. The traffic can get really stacked up on Hwy 19.

What you might want to do is find a copy of "Hawai'i The Big Island Revealed" and see what they have to say. The library should have a coy and you can find all the 'Revealed" books at your local bookstore. I'm thinking there's a waterpark closer to Kona now, but can't remember any of the details - a newer edition might list something.