CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   South Pacific - Hawaii (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/)
-   -   Making calls from Hawaii (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/367872-making-calls-hawaii.html)

ejb September 10th, 2009 06:07 PM

Making calls from Hawaii

I wanted to know what kind of phone call charge it might be to call back to the cont'l US from Hawaii. Is it like international or what. Has anybody made any calls from shore back to let's say Texas. (you do not have had to actually called Texas) :)
Thanks
EB
:D LOL :D

Kamloops Cruiser September 10th, 2009 09:47 PM

Hawaii is part on the US . Calls would entail long distance charges as if
you where calling home New York City.

ejb September 11th, 2009 09:58 AM

Thanks, I know Hawaii is part of the US but I was not sure if the extreme distance from the main land would make calling different.
Thanks
EB

Kamloops Cruiser September 11th, 2009 10:47 AM

Check with your telephone supplier. They will give you the info.

donscomp September 26th, 2009 12:36 PM

No cell phone?
Just courious

ejb September 26th, 2009 05:20 PM

Yes I have a cell phone. I was just wondering if using it would cost me big time per min. fees or was it just like calling from the main land.
I know that Hawaii is a state and all that!! I was just wondering about the fees calling from there.
I called my provider and they said that they have towers on the ship to use at sea foe $2.95/min but my calling plan will cover the rest.
Thanks for the info.
EB

donscomp September 26th, 2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejb
Yes I have a cell phone. I was just wondering if using it would cost me big time per min. fees or was it just like calling from the main land.
I know that Hawaii is a state and all that!! I was just wondering about the fees calling from there.
I called my provider and they said that they have towers on the ship to use at sea foe $2.95/min but my calling plan will cover the rest.
Thanks for the info.
EB

Yes, cellphone is covered. As long as you dont have a plan that is JUST for your area. Like Verizon. We are on a National plan. Calls from Hawaii are just like calling the next town. Part of your plan.
Yes, the ships do have towers but as you posted. Can be a bit pricey. We just use email on the ship. Then to call? Cellphone as soon as we see the islands. Internet? Again, as soon as we see the islands our data card kicks in and we are OFF the ships slow internet and using dsl speed.

ejb September 26th, 2009 10:55 PM

We are going on the Golden Oct 24 right after you are. What cabin are you in? We are in C329. We are really looking forward to it. I love sea days. We are changing our cell plan to include Hawaii. Thanks for the info.
EB :D

donscomp September 27th, 2009 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejb
We are going on the Golden Oct 24 right after you are. What cabin are you in? We are in C329. We are really looking forward to it. I love sea days. We are changing our cell plan to include Hawaii. Thanks for the info.
EB :D

We have an aft cabin. LOVE the aft of the ship as you can always use the balcony with no wind. And you hear the wake so it almost sounds like a waterfall. If you havnt. You might want to go over to cruisecritic.com and the boards. And roll calls,Princess, Golden, look for your cruise date, and join the group on your cruise.

Good you got hawaii included. You must have had an "Your area" plan? Cause most now include all the U.S. and Hawaii is part of it.

ejb September 27th, 2009 04:06 PM

We did a Western Caribbean with an aft cabin and it was great. But there was a few days that a breeze would have been nice. We loved sitting on the balcony at night with the wake sounds.
EB

niakjea November 26th, 2009 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ejb (Post 1247288)
Thanks, I know Hawaii is part of the US but I was not sure if the extreme distance from the main land would make calling different.
Thanks
EB

This great pictures, thank you for sharing them. I will return to post the picture on this forum and you'll find them great.
I love without sounds cool.