Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Familiar Face

Default Making calls from Hawaii

I wanted to know what kind of phone call charge it might be to call back to the cont'l US from Hawaii. Is it like international or what. Has anybody made any calls from shore back to let's say Texas. (you do not have had to actually called Texas)
Thanks
EB
Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:47 PM
Admiral

Hawaii is part on the US . Calls would entail long distance charges as if
you where calling home New York City.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old September 11th, 2009, 08:58 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks, I know Hawaii is part of the US but I was not sure if the extreme distance from the main land would make calling different.
Thanks
EB
Old September 11th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Admiral

Check with your telephone supplier. They will give you the info.

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old September 26th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Passenger

No cell phone?
Just courious

Old September 26th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Familiar Face

Yes I have a cell phone. I was just wondering if using it would cost me big time per min. fees or was it just like calling from the main land.
I know that Hawaii is a state and all that!! I was just wondering about the fees calling from there.
I called my provider and they said that they have towers on the ship to use at sea foe $2.95/min but my calling plan will cover the rest.
Thanks for the info.
EB
Old September 26th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb
Yes I have a cell phone. I was just wondering if using it would cost me big time per min. fees or was it just like calling from the main land.
I know that Hawaii is a state and all that!! I was just wondering about the fees calling from there.
I called my provider and they said that they have towers on the ship to use at sea foe $2.95/min but my calling plan will cover the rest.
Thanks for the info.
EB
Yes, cellphone is covered. As long as you dont have a plan that is JUST for your area. Like Verizon. We are on a National plan. Calls from Hawaii are just like calling the next town. Part of your plan.
Yes, the ships do have towers but as you posted. Can be a bit pricey. We just use email on the ship. Then to call? Cellphone as soon as we see the islands. Internet? Again, as soon as we see the islands our data card kicks in and we are OFF the ships slow internet and using dsl speed.

Old September 26th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Familiar Face

We are going on the Golden Oct 24 right after you are. What cabin are you in? We are in C329. We are really looking forward to it. I love sea days. We are changing our cell plan to include Hawaii. Thanks for the info.
EB
Old September 27th, 2009, 08:06 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb
We are going on the Golden Oct 24 right after you are. What cabin are you in? We are in C329. We are really looking forward to it. I love sea days. We are changing our cell plan to include Hawaii. Thanks for the info.
EB
We have an aft cabin. LOVE the aft of the ship as you can always use the balcony with no wind. And you hear the wake so it almost sounds like a waterfall. If you havnt. You might want to go over to cruisecritic.com and the boards. And roll calls,Princess, Golden, look for your cruise date, and join the group on your cruise.

Good you got hawaii included. You must have had an "Your area" plan? Cause most now include all the U.S. and Hawaii is part of it.

Old September 27th, 2009, 03:06 PM
Familiar Face

We did a Western Caribbean with an aft cabin and it was great. But there was a few days that a breeze would have been nice. We loved sitting on the balcony at night with the wake sounds.
EB
Old November 26th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejb View Post
Thanks, I know Hawaii is part of the US but I was not sure if the extreme distance from the main land would make calling different.
Thanks
EB

This great pictures, thank you for sharing them. I will return to post the picture on this forum and you'll find them great.
I love without sounds cool.