CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   South Pacific - Hawaii (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/)
-   -   Getting from the hotel in LA to the ship??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/south-pacific-hawaii/368839-getting-hotel-la-ship.html)

ejb October 18th, 2009 05:44 PM

Getting from the hotel in LA to the ship???

We are leaving Oct.25th for our 14 day to Hawaii. One question that just came up when talking with my wife is about getting from the hotel to the ship. As part of our trip we are going to be staying at a airport hotel.
Does Princess take us to the ship from there or are we supposed to do that on our own.
Also if they take us, do we get there early or late. We like to get on as early as they will let us because we like to explore and watch everything going on as everbody else gets on.
Can someone who has done this trip from LA tell us how it works.
Can we get ourself there if we want or is it taken care of by Princess.
Thanks
EB

Pixie Dust October 18th, 2009 09:38 PM

Hello EB: when we cruise out of LA we use a town car service to get us from LAX to the pier. Cost this past February was $60 one way plus tip. No waiting for a cab or shuttle. Our driver was Norm. We used shuttle service in the past, but with that you wait until the shuttle fills up before you leave for your destination. It's less expensive, but can be a hassle if you're on a schedule.

My husband and I would enjoy your thoughts on your cruise experience when you return. We thinking of booking this same cruise.

Enjoy your cruise!

VegasCrossfire October 19th, 2009 12:48 PM

Wow!! We will be sailing out of San Pedro on the 25th as well.....but we will be on the RCCL ship next to yours. We are spending the night in San Pedro so we will be close to the ship with a shuttle. Was that not an option that Princess gave you?
LAX is about 30-45 minutes from the ship - unless Princess has already told you that you will have a shuttle - I'd say you are on your own. The advice given already is good advice!
Have a great cruise - I'd rather be sailing to Hawaii!!

kingmankruiser December 14th, 2009 08:18 AM

Never used the cruise line, cause they always put you up at the airport, we make our own reservations and stay in San Pedro. There is a lovely Doubletree there with shuttle to the ship. Last time we had a balcony with a view of the harbor and they serve a grand buffet in the morning and will allow you to park your car

katlady December 24th, 2009 06:01 PM

In LA you are better off staying in San Pedro not at the airport. LA traffic is bad and a regular day. If there is an accident it will be a mess and stressful. If you can cancelled the airport hotel then rebook for Doubletree or Crown Plaza.:D