Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > South Pacific - Hawaii
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 1st, 2010, 10:58 AM
Beginner

Default Pls help - Need advise on ship for Hawaii

I am trying to take advantage today of sale prices for a 12 night Hawaiian cruise in 2011. I am having trouble finding good (current) info on opinions on the best ship. We have cruised on NCL and also Princess in the past. I have read horror stories about NCL and their Pride of America. Any recent Hawaiian cruisers around? I am thinking I may try Golden Princess or one of the Holland ships.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:00 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Royal Princess is doing some excellent Hawaii and Tahiti cruises.

Personally, I would go with something other than NCL America. If you are looking for more of a floating hotel then it may be OK but if you are looking for the same cruise experience that you previously had I would go with Princess, HAL or Carnival.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 9th, 2010, 06:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

We enjoyed our 15 day round trip San Diego to Hawaii on Holland America's Zaandam in 2008. I thought my husband would think it too long, but he fell right into it and loved the sea days. We had a balcony cabin and spent the sea days sitting out there reading and just relaxing. The ports were interesting and plenty to do and see. We rented cars in a few places (Hilo and Honolulu) and drove ourselves wherever we wanted to go. In Maui, we took a ship's tour out to Hana and back on the south road (you can't do this in a rental car). In Kaui (sp?) we hired a female taxi driver and she was great! The Pacific Air Museum in Pearl Harbor was extremely interesting. The service on HAL was excellent. The cabins are roomy and the beds are a dream.
Old September 25th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Beginner

I don't think you can go wrong with either. There are a few cruise lines that I have heard TERRIBLE things about and neither were on that list. It seems when you read reviews online they are mostly negative in nature so you kind of have to look at the overall of them and the exacts but I haven't heard too many negatives but could be wrong.