CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Styles At Sea (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/)
-   -   Sun/Sheathdress - a girl's best friend (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/312717-sun-sheathdress-girls-best-friend.html)

LisaK April 20th, 2006 01:05 PM

Sun/Sheathdress - a girl's best friend

I don't know about you ladies, but i love wearing sun/sheathdressess for casual dinner. I very rarely pack trousers. Throw a dress over your head, throw on a pair of sandals, grab a sweater and you are ready to go!

Luanne Russo April 20th, 2006 01:51 PM

I agree Lisa. Sun dresses pack so easily, and are so comfortable. It is also something you can dress up or down with, with a different pair of shoes, or jewelry.

Luanne

PartyAnimal April 20th, 2006 02:05 PM

After my first cruise and over packing drastically. I found that sundresses are great and now that's all I pack. I pack one sundress for each day I'am on the ship, now only are they comfortable, but if you are tight on time, you don't have to change for dinner.

Trip April 20th, 2006 02:15 PM

That's so funny you should mention this, because in my store yesterday, I must havs said at least 4 times to customers... with a dress, it's one zip and you are good to go, looking great, and so comfortable!

dina April 20th, 2006 03:37 PM

I found this great sundress when I was in New Orleans. Its reversable with light flowy material. Dried in about an hour so it was a new dress the next day. LOL

LisaK April 21st, 2006 09:25 AM

I also love the fact that you can find them in bright colors and floral/tropical prints - perfect for a cruise.

Dorothy April 22nd, 2006 09:07 PM

And I prefer the long, down almost to your ankles style. Nothing makes me feel "prettier" than a long dress (even a sundress style) and some beautiful sandals. Throw on a lacy shawl and I'm ready to party!

dorothy

Fern April 23rd, 2006 07:45 PM

Hi,

I'm curious as to what you consider a "sundress". I have two knit dresses that I love. They're prints and have a round neck and short sleeves. (From Catherine's) They're very comfortable and I've gotten compliments on them.

BUT, DH says they look like nightgowns! Now he's not a fashion maven, but what do you think?

Luanne Russo April 23rd, 2006 09:55 PM

Fern, I think they sound very pretty, and just about anything is a sun dress these days. Just thell your hubby it's a reminder of what do do after dinner. LOL

Luanne

centralcalicruzer April 24th, 2006 01:23 PM

Fern: I generally think of a sundress as one that's sleeveless, spaghetti strapped or halter style, but any knit dress that is easy to pack, doesn't wrinkle much and looks good on you would probably be great for a cruise. Even my cocktail dresses that I take for formal nights are slinky, knit sparkly things that I can just roll up. put in a ziplock and then hang up again when I get on board.

LisaK April 26th, 2006 09:26 AM

when i think of a sundress i think of something in a light-breezy fabric(cotton, linen) that is tank style, halter style, sleevless or tub-top styles.
Cotton-knit dresses are great! i have one that is basically a polo shirt turned into a dress - love it- it is so comfy,packs like a dream