CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Styles At Sea (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/)
-   -   An Officer & A Gentleman (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/312783-officer-gentleman.html)

Trip April 21st, 2006 08:46 PM

An Officer & A Gentleman

A man in a uniform at dinner, sets my heart aflutter..A man in a kilt looks amazing too..How do you feel?

Men, if you wear a kilt, were you self consious the first time? Ahh...tell us...What do you carry in that little bag?

dina April 24th, 2006 10:12 AM

I love seeing men in their dress blues. There was a guy on my ship that dressed for formal night. *dreamy sigh*

Madismom April 25th, 2006 01:16 PM

I must agree.......nothing is better than a man in uniform. I could just sit and stare all night long.

Kilt on the other hand.......very few men can pull off one of these, but if they can, they look magnificent!

LisaK April 26th, 2006 10:07 AM

i defintaley agree that there is just "something" about a man in a dress uniform that makes a lot of ladies go aahhh. Come on now admit it, one of the main reason that you watched JAG was to see "Harm" in his dress uniform :wink:
If a man has great legs and a good physique, kilts are wonderful.
as Zzzy Topp put it " girls go crazy for a sharp dressed man"

Luanne Russo April 26th, 2006 01:17 PM

This subject is dear to my heart. I married a man in uniform. I never got tired of him wearing it. Now 24 years of military, I asked my hubby about wearing his dress blues, and he looked at me like I had said let's sleep in the muster station. LOL

Luanne

CruisinK n J May 6th, 2006 06:37 PM

An Officer and a Gentleman

Men in uniforms . . . yes, yes, yes! Men in tuxes . . . yes, yes, yes! Men in kilts . . . only if they're Sean Connery!

Judy

Rev22:17 May 7th, 2006 07:17 PM

Trip,

A man in a uniform at dinner, sets my heart aflutter..A man in a kilt looks amazing too..How do you feel?

I think that both look quite sharp.

Of course, a gentleman does not wear a uniform unless legitimately entitled to do so by virtue of membership in the corresponding service or other organization. Also, a gentleman does not wear a kilt unless he is legitimately entitled to wear the tartan.

Norm.

Rev22:17 May 7th, 2006 07:21 PM

dina,

I love seeing men in their dress blues. There was a guy on my ship that dressed for formal night. *dreamy sigh*

Dress whites actually look even sharper -- but which service was the guy that you saw?

But the proper uniform for formal evenings on a cruise ship is, of course, the "mess dress" or "dinner dress jacket" ("black tie") uniform that's proper to the season....

Norm.

Sea Trekker May 8th, 2006 07:33 AM

Yes, I like a man inuniform too.
even all the officers on the ship look sharp
Lisa, are you old enought to know about ZZ Top LOL

LisaK May 8th, 2006 11:21 AM

"Lisa are you old enought to know about ZZTop? LOL
Yup, sure am, but thanks for thinking that i am muchyounger<KISS>

Magnolia Blossom May 10th, 2006 01:56 PM

You can make almost anybody look good in a dress uniform. And, of yeh, the kilt thing is great! On our Baltic Capitals cruise we had such a great variety of uniforms (U.S., Britain, Australia) and several kilts.

My son in law is Navy and wore those gorgeous dress whites at their wedding. Gosh, what a sight. And can we even talk about Marines with those sabres, or would that melt down the net?

LisaK May 10th, 2006 02:12 PM

my, my oh they just set my heart all a flutter!

Rev22:17 May 10th, 2006 09:26 PM

Magnolia Blossom,

My son in law is Navy and wore those gorgeous dress whites at their wedding. Gosh, what a sight.

You're right. The naval officers' dress white uniform is positively the sharpest uniform of all.

And can we even talk about Marines with those sabres, or would that melt down the net?

Sure, we can. Their uniforms beat anything that the Army and the Air Force have, by far. They can't quite hold a candle to the naval officers' dress whites, though!

That said, the proper uniform for the "formal" eveings on a cruise is either the Dinner Dress Blue Jacket uniform or the Dinner Dress White Jacket uniform, as appropriate to the season, for a naval officer or the Evening Dress B unform for a Marine officer. Junior officers who do not posess those uniforms may substute the Dinner Dress Blue or Dinner Dress White uniform (Navy) or either the Blue Dress A or Blue-White Dress A uniform (Marine Corps), again as appropriate to the season.

Norm.

Luanne Russo May 10th, 2006 10:11 PM

I saw my first military uniform over 24 years ago. Very impressed, but you know what? It's the not the uniform, but what is inside that uniform. Give me what's inside any day.

Luanne

jinny May 11th, 2006 09:09 AM

My husband packed his full highland dress outfit along with hose(heavy socks) on one of our caribbean cruises .He almost expired from the heat .he had many nice comments from passengers and crew until an asian deck hand stopped him and said " Aah very good German!" that made our night. he now only packs his tux and sometimes wears a tartan waist coat.