Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Styles At Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Styles At Sea Discuss the Latest In Cruise Fashion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2007, 12:21 AM
Admiral

The only time I wear a speedo is when I lay in a tanning booth so I don't burn the privates. At least I can be seen in the dark . I know I don't have the greatest body for someone of my age, and I am too bashful to wear something like that in public. I agree that too many people don't see themselves as they really should and wear bathing suits that they shouldn't wear. Ackkk!

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old May 4th, 2007, 09:51 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Speedos......

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou
I know you have all witnessed men in Speedos on your cruise. It's just my opinion, but I believe they should be banned (for men of all builds!) . There is just too little material in those suits. What do you all think?
To quote Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry, "A man has got to know his limitations" and I for one think a lot of men should heed that advise!

Bill
Old June 16th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
I know you have all witnessed men in Speedos on your cruise. It's just my opinion, but I believe they should be banned (for men of all builds!) . There is just too little material in those suits. What do you all think?
As I've said before, a man has got to know his limitations!

[/img]
Old December 18th, 2007, 06:04 PM
david30101

Quote:
I know this post is old, just stumbuled across it. I wear speedos..I find it no differnt then women wearing small bikinis..We may have things that "protrude" and so do women....Think about it...Plus I have the body for one..And im NOT hairy..
What are you....? Lesbian? Sorry didnt mean to be rude, Just being funny. Most women like guys in speedos..My girlfriend does (me) and others she see..But I do understand your point though on some men, And i also agree..Just dont make judgement on guys..There are alot of women that shouldnt wear bikinis as well. And just think....You wont see these people ever again......
Old December 18th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by david30101
Quote:
I know this post is old, just stumbuled across it. I wear speedos..I find it no differnt then women wearing small bikinis..We may have things that "protrude" and so do women....Think about it...Plus I have the body for one..And im NOT hairy..
What are you....? Lesbian?
We can't judge the worthiness of your speedo without a picture.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 19th, 2007, 09:46 AM
david30101

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady
Quote:
Quote:
well, I tryed to post on here, couldnt find a way for a pic..I have a profile on yahoo and yahoo360 under the name "david_w859" and on flickr under the name david30101. plenty of pics there..To give you an idea..Im 6-5, 160lbs, 29 waist, 36 chest, flat stomach (six pack in making) developed legs,..smooth, no body hair except on arms. tanned..44yo. Not that im trying to brag..Ive go to gym alot even when im cruising..Im the type that eats and dosent gain weight. I can easyly wear a size 2-4 womans skirt...I do agree that most shouldnt wear speedos since most ive seen arent in shape..Since everybody is on vacation they can wear what they want..Dosent bother me, however i encurage it..The more i see others wearing them the more i feel comfortable even though Ive been wearing one the past 20 years or so. Im looking forward to my next cruise..Nice talking to you.
Old December 19th, 2007, 10:45 AM
david30101

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvabill
Quote:
As I've said before, a man has got to know his limitations!

[/img]
How do you post pics here? Thanks.
Old December 19th, 2007, 02:18 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
well, I tryed to post on here, couldnt find a way for a pic..I have a profile on yahoo and yahoo360 under the name "david_w859" and on flickr under the name david30101. plenty of pics there..To give you an idea..Im 6-5, 160lbs, 29 waist, 36 chest, flat stomach (six pack in making) developed legs,..smooth, no body hair except on arms. tanned..44yo. Not that im trying to brag..Ive go to gym alot even when im cruising..Im the type that eats and dosent gain weight. I can easyly wear a size 2-4 womans skirt...I do agree that most shouldnt wear speedos since most ive seen arent in shape..Since everybody is on vacation they can wear what they want..Dosent bother me, however i encurage it..The more i see others wearing them the more i feel comfortable even though Ive been wearing one the past 20 years or so. Im looking forward to my next cruise..Nice talking to you.
"I can easyly wear a size 2-4 womans skirt" Wait how do you know for sure.

To post a picture that is already on the internet right click the picture on the bottom of the box that pops up is the word Properties click that. A new box will pop up it has a "URL address" copy and paste that address into your post. Then highlight the address and click the img button on the post screen. Hope that helps you. I can't "see" anything from Flickr at work because we have a web blocker but I can check it at home.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 19th, 2007, 06:24 PM
david30101

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
"I can easyly wear a size 2-4 womans skirt" Wait how do you know for sure. Wel..Ive done it.....I have pics of that also.

To post a picture that is already on the internet right click the picture on the bottom of the box that pops up is the word Properties click that. A new box will pop up it has a "URL address" copy and paste that address into your post. Then highlight the address and click the img button on the post screen. Hope that helps you. I can't "see" anything from Flickr at work because we have a web blocker but I can check it at home.
Old December 19th, 2007, 06:29 PM
david30101

Default Re: Speedos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pootersdad
The last time I looked good in a Speedo was probably when I was in high school. The older I got, the more difficult it was to suck in my stomach and talk at the same time, so I opted for the conventional swim suit.
I noticed on your counter you have like 5 cruises booked....Must be nice to have money and time to take that many at once..I can barely do 1 a year.
Old December 20th, 2007, 02:23 AM
Admiral

Okay david30101 I'm at home so I had to look. Nice very nice to bad I'm happily married. I can no longer give you a hard time about your speedo. You win. Do you want me to post the picture here? You are not shy that is for sure. Oh and I got the answer to my skirt question.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 20th, 2007, 10:20 AM
david30101

You dont have to post here..However im not bashfull..I just dont want to open a can of worms on this forum and go off topic...Where is the cruise leaving from that you are going on in a few months? If its from Fla..I may book a cabin on the same ship..I take all my cruises out of Fla since Its closer to drive for me..
Old December 20th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Admiral

Quote:
You dont have to post here..However im not bashfull..I just dont want to open a can of worms on this forum and go off topic...Where is the cruise leaving from that you are going on in a few months? If its from Fla..I may book a cabin on the same ship..I take all my cruises out of Fla since Its closer to drive for me..
I'm a California gal so this is my very first cruise out of Miami I have cruised out of the Los Angeles, San Francisico (Alaskan cruise no speedos to cold), Long Beach, and San Diego before (no flying to these ports). This is also my first Cruisemates cruise. My dad is from Madeira Island Portugal and that is the first port after crossing the ocean so I had to book this one. Visit the family.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/.../freedom08.cfm

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 20th, 2007, 07:13 PM
david30101

Last time I was in the california area was on a cruise in 2001 from Miami to San Fransisco Via Panama Canal on NCL Wind. it was 17 days. We stopped in San Diego then got off ship in San Francisco. I was just about the only "young" person onboard..I had the gym and basketball courts almost all to myself the whole trip.... California is "Differnt" but i dont like cold water....less then 80...East coast and gulf is warm in summer. Miami is nice if you like warm and humid. I normally cruise with family (sister, brother in law, parents etc) soo i normally get a cabin with them..However im thinking of going "solo" since they dont seem to have the time or money. This is the first year I havent taken a cruise since last dec. Having withdraws. I thought about a alaska trip, but cant get it in my mind that cruising in cold weather to me dosent register.
Old December 21st, 2007, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Last time I was in the california area was on a cruise in 2001 from Miami to San Fransisco Via Panama Canal on NCL Wind. it was 17 days. We stopped in San Diego then got off ship in San Francisco. I was just about the only "young" person onboard..I had the gym and basketball courts almost all to myself the whole trip.... California is "Differnt" but i dont like cold water....less then 80...East coast and gulf is warm in summer. Miami is nice if you like warm and humid. I normally cruise with family (sister, brother in law, parents etc) soo i normally get a cabin with them..However im thinking of going "solo" since they dont seem to have the time or money. This is the first year I havent taken a cruise since last dec. Having withdraws. I thought about a alaska trip, but cant get it in my mind that cruising in cold weather to me dosent register.
Alaska is wonderful, however, that was an older crowd also. So my hubby and I hung with each other. We when the end of May and lucked out the weather was warm in every except Vancouver Canada where it rained. The end of May the beginning of June is when the Humpback whales Mirgate. The ocean is way cold no swimmer.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 23rd, 2007, 03:34 PM
david30101

Quote:
Quote:
I'm a California gal so this is my very first cruise out of Miami I have cruised out of the Los Angeles, San Francisico (Alaskan cruise no speedos to cold), Long Beach, and San Diego before (no flying to these ports). This is also my first Cruisemates cruise. My dad is from Madeira Island Portugal and that is the first port after crossing the ocean so I had to book this one. Visit the family.
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/.../freedom08.cfm
Enjoy that trans alantic, I crossed the Atlantic 4 times on navy ships and spend 6 months in the Med..You will like it..
Old December 30th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Admiral

I don't know but it seems to be the bikinis are getting smaller and smaller with less material each year. But that seems to be ok but a man in a speedo is not ok.
Then there are the women on the ship with cleavage galore, skin tight pants and low low low riser jeans with a view of the thong. Seems like the women can get away with alot more.

Give the guys a break when they wear their speedos

afterall a speedo is really just a man's swimsuit.

if a woman can wear this on a ship
[img]http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9gnMiOlyXdHOsAAEGGjzbkF/SIG=12v9g1m40/EXP=1199119141/**http%3A//www.bikini-beach.com/beach_bunny_L.A.-woman-green-6036T-bikini-l.jpg[/img]

why can't a man wear this

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old December 30th, 2007, 04:23 PM
david30101

well spoken....I think alot of it has to do with the excess body hair most guys have..Which I dont....I have body of a swimmer/ runner..
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:51 AM
Admiral

Dude if I had the gal's body I would wear that bikini grocery shopping. The guy is a hottie also CQ is that your man? Waxing or "manscaping" can be done to help with the men's body hair issues. They just need the body for the speedo. But the same is true of the girls in the bikinis. I know my body's limits and the bikini is a no go with me. I go one piece with cleavage galore keep the eyes up and away from the legs (not my best feature).

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 31st, 2007, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Dude if I had the gal's body I would wear that bikini grocery shopping. The guy is a hottie also CQ is that your man? Waxing or "manscaping" can be done to help with the men's body hair issues. They just need the body for the speedo. But the same is true of the girls in the bikinis. I know my body's limits and the bikini is a no go with me. I go one piece with cleavage galore keep the eyes up and away from the legs (not my best feature).
No Kat that is not my man. I just think woman get away with alot more then men can. I saw a woman on the ship one time walking around in a white see thru dress and everyone can see her blue underwear and black bra (and it was not a swimsuit)

I don't have a problem with folks that don't have a little bikini body or speedo body but still wear the bikini or speedo. Hey if they feel good in what they are wearing then go for it.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old December 31st, 2007, 11:06 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Quote:
No Kat that is not my man. I just think woman get away with alot more then men can. I saw a woman on the ship one time walking around in a white see thru dress and everyone can see her blue underwear and black bra (and it was not a swimsuit)

I don't have a problem with folks that don't have a little bikini body or speedo body but still wear the bikini or speedo. Hey if they feel good in what they are wearing then go for it.
I'm not sure that woman got away with it. Oh good if that hottie is not your man I feel better about gawking at him. Cause he is fine. I'm happily married not dead.

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Old December 31st, 2007, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecruisequeen
Quote:

I'm not sure that woman got away with it. Oh good if that hottie is not your man I feel better about gawking at him. Cause he is fine. I'm happily married not dead.

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old May 18th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Passenger

Bumping this thread and agreeing with Cruise Queen. To those that oppose guys in brief swimwear, because of the brevity of the article, this seems to be a bit of a double standard. If a woman can strut around the pool in essentially her bra and panty, why can't a guy wear a brief?! Dismissing the obvious arguments of weight, shape, and amount of fur (which apply to both sexes) what's the issue here?? What is so terribly offensive about a hot guy wearing a Speedo? This backlash certainly isn't present when the topic of discussion is a hot woman in a bikini.
Just askin'.

Rep

Carnival Destiny 7-27-08
Carnival Glory 6-18-05
Carnival Fascination 6-7-97
Carnival Mardi Gras Summer '83
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Admiral

thecruisequeen,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Then there are the women on the ship with... low low low riser jeans with a view of the thong.
Such "longhorns" are pretty disgusting, really. In some circles, teens say that anybody whose "step-ins" are showing is "asking for a wedgie."

How about we make a rule that anybody -- male or female -- caught "asking for a wedgie" gets one? Just grab the center of the thong and lift until the wearer's feet are a foot or so off the deck....

Norm.
Old May 29th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Admiral

thecruisequeen,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Then there are the women on the ship with... low low low riser jeans with a view of the thong.
Such "longhorns" are pretty disgusting, really. In some circles, teens say that anybody whose "step-ins" are showing is "asking for a wedgie."

How about we make a rule that anybody -- male or female -- caught "asking for a wedgie" gets one? Just grab the center of the thong (or wasteband) in the back and lift until the wearer's feet are a foot or so off the deck....

Norm.
Old May 31st, 2008, 08:06 AM
Admiral

Great idea Norm!

That would show the people that like to reveal their underwear in public!!

Vision Of The Seas
Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x3
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Old June 16th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Beginner

Default wear them, if your don't like it look away

If a guy is comfortable wearing one-- ALL Power to him!!! This post is sad. Why not tell women not to wear bikinis, or tell fat people to wear a huge shirt so no one has to see them. Be Proud of your body and wear whatever you want.
Old June 16th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Beginner

Default WEAR THEM WITH PRIDE

If a guy is comfortable wearing one-- ALL Power to him!!! This post is sad. Why not tell women not to wear bikinis, or tell fat people to wear a huge shirt so no one has to see them. Be Proud of your body and wear whatever you want.
Old August 13th, 2008, 12:01 PM
Yeoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvabill
Quote:
To quote Clint Eastwood as Dirty Harry, "A man has got to know his limitations" and I for one think a lot of men should heed that advise!

Bill

OK, I'll change the quote, a man and a woman both have to know their limitations!
Old September 11th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to flspeedo Send a message via Yahoo to flspeedo

Obviously from my screenname, you can tell I wear Speedos. I work out alot and have worked hard to have a body for one, so I'm going to continue to wear one. I won't ever see these people again anyway.