Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Styles At Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Styles At Sea Discuss the Latest In Cruise Fashion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Flip Flop Style!

Are you a flip flop kind of cruiser? I would love to wear these, and may yet, try another time to find a pair, that won't make my eyes water, when I walk

They have such cute ones out there, rhinestones and flowers and foo foo, oh my! They are so cool to wear, on a hot hot day in port. I wonder if there is such a thing out there as a comfortable pair..I would love my hubby to wear a pair as well, but i don't think that's going to happen

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old May 15th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Passenger

I am a flip flop girl all the way! From the minute the warm weather starts until the minute it ends I wear flip flops....can't live without them. I've tried all kinds. I will say that the ones with rubber straps are not comfy. I like anything that has cotton material. Embellishments, I could care less about and one has to be careful. Sometimes if they dangle or wrap around the bands they can rub therefore making it uncomfy for the wearer.
Old May 15th, 2006, 10:37 PM
susiesuds

I love flip flops, as soon as it hit 50 degrees here I break them out. May I sugesst some comfterbale flips, trip? They are called Rainbows. They come in all diffrent shades of brown and they are sooooo amazing. They supposidly last forever and they are made of a soft leather. They run about 50 bucks, but it the best 50 bucks i have ever spend :-)
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:39 AM
Passenger

Default Flips

Teva makes a great flip flop for port days. They are casual and soooo comfy. You won't want to take them off when you get home. They are waterproof too! I like the ones that have a little thicker sole. You will love them!
Old May 17th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Admiral

Default Flip Flop Style

Can't wear 'em. Eye-watering experience, as you say. I have an old pair that I wear for pedicures. It's the thong part that hurts so. They might be more comfortable if the thong part was cotton, but they always seen to be leather.

Judy
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Passenger

Default flip flops

I can't wear anything with straps between my toes. It wears the skin right off my toes. It doesn't matter soft they are, it won't work for me.
Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:53 AM
Passenger

Abercrombie has a great flip flop. My kids buy them all the time and I wear them when they are laying around the house. They are about $20 and the most comfortable ones I have ever tried.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

I just got several pairs of really nice flip flops at JC Penney, in the accessories department. The part that goes between the toes is suede and really soft, doesn't rub at all. They had tons of cute styles too.
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:53 PM
First Mate

Default Re: flip flops

Quote:
Originally Posted by catitude4
I can't wear anything with straps between my toes. It wears the skin right off my toes. It doesn't matter soft they are, it won't work for me.
ditto for me too.

I don't even like slides..........hard to drive with. I prefer a sling-back sandal or shoe.

Barb
Old May 20th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Passenger

Default An alternative

Hi folks, me again. I'm not a flip flop wearer but, im my quest to ever stir the proverbial fashion pot, I'd like to offer up these:

If you like to go barefoot but are detered by road hazzards or "no shoes" restrictions, you have got to try these out. These are as close to going bare as one can get without actually. They're brand new. Only been on the general market for two years.
I wore mine all last summer and got a boat load of attention. There were so many inquiries that I just started handing out home made info cards. They're a bit pricey but if a $90.00 thong slide catches your eye, why not these? And they're great for water sports too. Here's the link if you want to check 'em out.

Rep

Carnival Destiny 7-27-08
Carnival Glory 6-18-05
Carnival Fascination 6-7-97
Carnival Mardi Gras Summer '83
Old May 20th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Thanks for the laugh, but, NOT on a good day!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 24th, 2008, 11:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cutiecat Send a message via Yahoo to cutiecat

i love flip flops, and own lots...

however...i recently bought Chaco sandals and am head over heels for them. not so much on the pool deck, but for port days and walking/climbing/excursioning (don't know if that's a word but if the President can make junk up so can i) they are fabulous!

these are the ones i bought but they make all kinds...and flip flops as well
*Carnival: Victory 5/13~5/20/2012; Glory 3/13~3/20/11, Freedom 7/26~8/2 09; Destiny 10/30~11/3 '08, 3/2~3/9 '08; Victory 4/15~4/22 '07; Valor 3/5~3/12 '06; Holiday 7/31-8/4 '04; Imagination 6/24~6/29 '02 *Celebrity Equinox 5/14~5/24 '10 *RCI Brilliance OT Seas 6/10~6/22 '08 *Regal Empress 6/16~6/18 '05
Old July 26th, 2008, 07:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

First couple times I wear them in the summer, a little sore, but then the toes get used to it and they are fine, love them! Although, I still haven't broken down and got a pair of clogs..

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Beginner

Just found some Great flip flops, called "SWITCH-FLOPS", they have interchangeable top straps, lots of really cute fashion colors and styles. You buy the "sole" of your choice, flat, wedge or kitten heel and then have dozens of choices of straps. they velcro on and work and look terrific! I just got a set a couple of weeks ago and have decied that these and my sneakers and water shoes are it for me on the cruise. they will go great with my dressy or casual clothes. Check them out. there is a really cute video on You tube and there is a switch-flop website as well.
Enjoy!
Old April 19th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to april19820

i love flip flops, I wear them all year long, people look at me quite strange when its 30 degrees out and I am wearing flip flops but what can I say. I think you need to just try on several pairs and find the ones that are best for you.

Carnical Fascination~ 12/12/2009
RCL Majesty of the Sea~ 8/25/2008

Old April 20th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Admiral

I'm in the same boat as those who find the thong part painful, regardless of the material used. BUT, happy feet...I found Croc Clio's in a bargain bin in St. Thomas and bought them. Comfy sole, with 2 straps, one across the base of the toes, one over the arch. They react to body (foot) heat and mold to your feet. I had given up on Croc's, since every other style they have fall off my feet, but if I buy the Clio's a size smaller than normal, they are long enough and fit perfectly. Ahhhh....
Marty
Old April 21st, 2009, 07:11 AM
Familiar Face

i wear flip flops all year long
living in FL helps but even if i wasnt i think i would wear them year round

~Carnival Inspiration May 2009~
~Carnival Imagination Sept 2007~
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:41 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to AKLydia

my "reef" butter flip flops passed every test from walking around disney with my kiddos to beach walking to shopping in the malls in florida.
I have very wide and sensitive feet I get horrible pains if I wear shoes that don't fit properly or I wear shoes for fashion alone.
Good luck! The reef sandals were all over the caribbean, florida, and ebay so you can find them anywhere.
Old May 5th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to sanuk4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKLydia
my "reef" butter flip flops passed every test from walking around disney with my kiddos to beach walking to shopping in the malls in florida.
I have very wide and sensitive feet I get horrible pains if I wear shoes that don't fit properly or I wear shoes for fashion alone.
Good luck! The reef sandals were all over the caribbean, florida, and ebay so you can find them anywhere.
I agree with AKLydia, Reefs are awesome. They last forever, too! I discovered recently that Skechers has an awesome line of comfy sandals as well. They are quite comfy. I am a fan of flip flops that are a couple inches thick for cushioning as I also have wide feet. We wear flip flops almost every day in Phx, AZ. Or heels. .

But, I think on this Alaskan cruise I will be hanging loose in my running shoes as we are trying out lots of activities during the day.

Happy Sailings!

Old May 17th, 2009, 04:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have lots of really cute flip flops but on the pool deck I almost bit it a couple of times so I am on the look out for a good grip on the sole as well as cute and comfy. I think falling on my bum would be the worst
Old July 11th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Passenger

Dotti= I am sooooooo addicted to switchflops. I have the regular, platform and kitten. Genius. the kitten and regular is all I need for caribbean cruises

I love flip flops agree rainbows are extremely comfortable, every brand practically makes flip flops. Just besure to get something that has arch protection. I saw medical people on tv saying arch is a must, an a little heel is best
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Passenger

I love my FitFlops! Now, they are touted for firming your legs and bottom, but I haven't noticed anything like that. Most of all, they are super comfy! Sort of like a tennis shoe without the top. A friend of mine went hiking in hers and was very comfortable. They even have sequined ones. I got mine at Macy's (http://www.fitflop.com/).