CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Styles At Sea (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/)
-   -   Fashionable & Stylish Drinks (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/314385-fashionable-stylish-drinks.html)

Trip May 21st, 2006 03:15 PM

Fashionable & Stylish Drinks

Well, I had my first martini onboard the Freedom of the Seas yesterday, and I am hooked. I think a zillion years ago, I had a sip of the the original, and went ugh!

BUT nowwwww, its a whole new ball game..I had an appletini, oh my, and a watermelon martini..Now, sometimes, instead of my old Berringers white zin...I can be right in style, with a new fave! Anyone remember the fuzzy navel, or sex on the beach? I guess drinks are like fashion, the trends change fast!

Please share your favorite, stylish new drinks..

fleaberry May 21st, 2006 04:37 PM

Trip,
You are so funny!!! A girl after my own heart that can find ANYTHING stylish!! You sound like you are having fun. Yes....I remember those drinks from college in the 80's! Have fun in the sun and enjoy!!! 8)
Fleaberry

jenjoe30 May 21st, 2006 06:39 PM

my favorite mixed drink is a bocce ball, amaretto and orange juice.

FlowerPower May 22nd, 2006 12:27 AM

Dang... Bad enough my clothes are outdated, now my drinks are??? :o Maybe all I need is a cruise to get caught up, huh?? :wink: Till then I guess I'll have to stick to my fuzzy navels and white zin!!

Trip May 22nd, 2006 10:32 AM

I will not let my white zin go......no matter what:)

Mike M May 22nd, 2006 11:45 AM

Beefeater Martini, three olives, straight up. Otherwise Makers Mark on the rocks. My wife has Gin and Tonic with enough lime to start her own plantation. LOL

I will admit that a Sea Breeze on Island Princess is a tasty concoction. I had my first one on Island Princess and since then I haven't had one that tastes anything as good. :cry:

Take care,
Mike

Magnolia Blossom May 22nd, 2006 12:56 PM

Well, currently I'm on a dirty vodka martini. I'm not one to necessarily collect fru-fru drink glasses (we've sorta got our fill after all these years) but they've got some great looking martini glasses now. Got a cool blue one on the Grand Princess in April and a waaaay cool one on AOS last year. It was kinda' like a bowl with blue and green swirls.

We have a tradition prior to sailing. The night before the sailing I come home kick off my shoes to show that "hey my toenails are painted - I'm officially on vacation" and then DH and I mix up a batch of somethin' (usually his favorite - whiskey sours) and pour them into our collected glasses. Then we get out our brochure and study the ship's deck plan and dream!

But back to drinks - I think one of the sassiest lookin' drinks is a beautiful red cosmopolitan with a lemon twist served up in a stately martini glass.
I hate to admit I started drinking them a few years back simply cause they looked so good!

LisaK May 22nd, 2006 02:52 PM

I agree with Magnolia Blossom - a Cosmopolitan, so yummy and oh so tres chic

Madismom May 22nd, 2006 03:12 PM

I believe in cutting out the "middle man"....Grey Goose straight up, chilled : )

Magnolia Blossom May 22nd, 2006 04:08 PM

Madismom, would that be shaken or stirred?

ASUWife May 23rd, 2006 12:17 PM

I'm like Mike's wife...I LOVE my G&T's with tons of lime! That being said, my new favorite, trendy drink is a Mojito! If I had unlimited access to them, I'm sure I would become a problem drinker!!

I like my Cosmo's heavy on the cranberry and vodka, light on all the other stuff.

Becky

Magnolia Blossom May 23rd, 2006 05:07 PM

I used to be a G & T lover, then discovered vodka and tonic goes down just a bit smoother. And, oh yeh, you just gotta' have a boat load of limes. On our last two cruises I ordered a bar set-up and got a bottle of vodka and 3 cans of tonic water. I snitched the limes from my friendly neighborhood bar tender. One trip I was on medication that I couldn't drink with (boo) so I bought a coke card (back when they were only $21) and drank tonic and lime juice all week.

And since we're discussing liquor here, does it seem strange to anyone else that the Grand Princess doesn't carry Corona? They had Dos Xs, but I don't like it nearly as well.

ASUWife May 23rd, 2006 05:44 PM

My husband is a Tecate man...always complains if he can't get it...I'm like hello? We live in Arizona, so of course you can get it here..

I've never had a vodka tonic...think I may have to try one!

Becky

CruisinK n J May 23rd, 2006 06:42 PM

Fashionable and Stylish Drinks

I'm a G&T girl. I had a cosmo this weekend, but it was too sweet.

Judy

Pednurse May 24th, 2006 11:15 PM

Had a drink on the Holiday called A Kiss on the Lips. It had Mango & Peach Schnapps and was real good. Next cruise was on the Sensation and we asked the bartender for the recipe.

ms_Kalamity May 25th, 2006 09:49 AM

Well gee, being from Arizona........... it's Margaritaville for me! Yeah..... Jose Quervo............ he is a friend of mine LOL

Jane

daquri May 27th, 2006 07:35 PM

Must agree with ASUWife, it's the Mojito for me every time! LOL

ASUWife May 27th, 2006 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daquri
Must agree with ASUWife, it's the Mojito for me every time! LOL

Though there IS this drink that I had on the Norwegian Star...I think it's called a Caesar...champagne, orange juice, chambord & just a small float of brandy on top...that ALSO could make me a problem drinker...LOL

Becky

crabbie1 May 27th, 2006 10:39 PM

Fashionable and Stylish Drinks

ms Kalamity, I'm with you, only Jose neat or Miller GD.

Lesend June 6th, 2006 08:49 PM

My goal last spring break was a pina colada in every port...

You can't beat the fresh juices! :D

When we were at the Tabayana beach party, I tried a few of their local foo foo drinks, and loved the Monkey lala. When in Rome...

Fruitcake June 7th, 2006 03:10 PM

Love, love, love mojitos!
And margaritas.
I am also a fan of lemon drops. Yum.

ASUWife June 7th, 2006 03:32 PM

Ooh...my sister just told me about Lemon Drops...but I haven't had one yet. I'm pre-diabetic, so I save my alcohol for things like cruises and weddings...lol

Becky

Fruitcake June 7th, 2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ASUWife
Ooh...my sister just told me about Lemon Drops...but I haven't had one yet. I'm pre-diabetic, so I save my alcohol for things like cruises and weddings...lol

Becky

Save up big time for your next cruise then! Lemon drops are fabulous! I discovered them last year on a HAL cruise.
While I have had mojitos before cruising, I found that HAL bartenders make the best!

Magnolia Blossom June 9th, 2006 09:22 AM

What's in a lemon drop?

Cruz Crazy June 15th, 2006 11:27 PM

Celebrity cruise line got me hooked on martinis. Their sampler for $5.95 or now I think it's $9.95 anyway....my favorite is the French Martini and the creamy chocolate martini. Also the appletini and peach martini is fabulous. I always try a different one each night before dinner.

If you go to the champagne bar....try the Bellini. Champagne and peach liquor. I just had one tonight before dinner at home. Delish!

I also try a different specialty cocktail, the one's they have on special everyday.

I never drink when I'm home, just on my cruises.

Trip July 4th, 2006 12:02 PM

I remember, when the mojito, first became popular, all I wanted to do was try one. Well on a precruise we went to a popular Fll restaurant, and asked for one, and they could not make it:(:( i could not believe it!

Since then,I have tried and, adore it;)

kantwait2cruz July 4th, 2006 12:49 PM

These drinks sound wonderful and I can't wait to try some of them. Just wondering - how do they mix with Bonine? Can you enjoy a couple of these drinks while taking that medication?

bzeus August 9th, 2006 07:31 PM

Mint Dream Martini

Ok, so this one is not exactly light on the calories but a great treat anyway!

In a blender, mix 1 cup of ice, 1 scoop of mint-chocolate chip ice cream, 1oz Bailey's and 1oz Vodka. Blend until smooth, serve in a martini glass with a Lindt chocolate mint square and it's heavenly!

:D

gambitscuba August 9th, 2006 09:05 PM

I was waiting for someone to say a bellini... but that's not how an ACTUAL bellini is made... that's the "cheaper" less time consuming way to make them... an actual Bellini is made with pureed peaches and Prosseco... or another sort of sparkling wine... never tried one... as i am not a fan of peaches... but they look divine...

BetWes August 10th, 2006 07:43 AM

My favorite is whiskey 'n tonic with lime. I wouldn't say no to a martini or a manhatten every so often. Husband is strickly a beer drinker and maybe some creme de menthe after eating.