Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Styles At Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Styles At Sea Discuss the Latest In Cruise Fashion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Fashion 911

Have you ever wanted to call the fashion police on someone in the dining room? I recall one thing that did it for me.. I guess this just shows my age..I saw a woman in a white, dressy blouse, and she had a black bra on..Sent me right back to junior high, when this girl wore a black bra under her gym blouse..That was so daring then, and she was only 13!

Any fashion faux pas on your cruises?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Admiral

Default Fashion 911

Yes, years ago, a woman overdid it with the nautical style: gold anchors, gold buttons everywhere, plus a large gold lame handbag, gold flat shoes,
red anchor earrings and a captain's hat!

Keith is still laughing.

Judy
Old May 29th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Captain

On our second cruise (the one that caused our addiction) there was a couple who became one of these people you just had to watch all week.
Before we had left the dock in New Orleans this woman donned a gold lame bikini. Now mind you she is nearing 50, was at least 20# beyond the bikini stage and a good 10 years past any of the styles she wore.
Anyway, she prances out to the center of the pool area, in this ridiculous gold lame wrap over her bikini, was wearing 3 inch heels, then proceded to dramatically unveil herself (do I need to tell you she had humongous fake boobs?) and have her husband grease her down with lotion. This woman could have been Anna Nicole Smith, if you know what I mean.

Her husband was a piece of work himself. You never saw him without his mirrored sun glasses, polo shirt (with the collar turned up, as was the semi-style in the 90's). One afternoon I was sitting near him at the bar and overheard the bartender ask him (after looking at his on board charge card) "is that really your name?" . To this he took great delight in saying "yes, James Bond, is really my name". I thought I would might just die (mostly because I had a mouth full of libation at the time this happened and choked on it).

Well, everything these two did was totally over the top all week. The woman we nicknamed Midas and while we delight in people watching we have never found another person as much fun to watch as she was.

That's not exactly a dining room story but I think we had a different seating. Gosh, they were fun.
Old June 4th, 2006, 09:58 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Blossom
On our second cruise (the one that caused our addiction) there was a couple who became one of these people you just had to watch all week.
Before we had left the dock in New Orleans this woman donned a gold lame bikini. Now mind you she is nearing 50, was at least 20# beyond the bikini stage and a good 10 years past any of the styles she wore.
Anyway, she prances out to the center of the pool area, in this ridiculous gold lame wrap over her bikini, was wearing 3 inch heels, then proceded to dramatically unveil herself (do I need to tell you she had humongous fake boobs?) and have her husband grease her down with lotion. This woman could have been Anna Nicole Smith, if you know what I mean.

Her husband was a piece of work himself. You never saw him without his mirrored sun glasses, polo shirt (with the collar turned up, as was the semi-style in the 90's). One afternoon I was sitting near him at the bar and overheard the bartender ask him (after looking at his on board charge card) "is that really your name?" . To this he took great delight in saying "yes, James Bond, is really my name". I thought I would might just die (mostly because I had a mouth full of libation at the time this happened and choked on it).

Well, everything these two did was totally over the top all week. The woman we nicknamed Midas and while we delight in people watching we have never found another person as much fun to watch as she was.

That's not exactly a dining room story but I think we had a different seating. Gosh, they were fun.

Was her name GOLDFINGER?
Old June 5th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Captain

On day one we dubbed her "Midas" because of her gold lame bikini, but Goldfinger certainly could have fit. Although as I recall Goldfinger was a very shapely young woman and this lady was, she we say more "romanesque". There was another couple with them who were fun to watch as well. Both of them trailed around behind the duo practically panting like little puppies. Guess they were the understudies.

They were such a riot. I only wish I had photos of them.
Old June 5th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Yeoman

MEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW.
Old June 10th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Admiral

Well I saw a woman in her mid l to late fifties in a coral bikini-she was like a size 6 and had no middleaged tummy and looked great until (we were in Martinique-beach excursion) she took off her bikini top and we saw her boobs were badly going "south".

Hey I was jealous of her- my(being 15 years younger and 30 pounds heavier- until then!