CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Styles At Sea (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/)
-   -   BLACK, BLACK, BLACK (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/318604-black-black-black.html)

Parrot Mom August 7th, 2006 07:55 PM

BLACK, BLACK, BLACK

:roll: Just realized all my dress cruise clothes are black.. blank pants, black skirt and all sorts of black tops, from sequenned to lacy knit..Talk about tired of black.. I think with one pair of black palazzo pants I must have or six options for wearing tops... Enough is Enough....loll Does anybody else feel the same way???

Rev22:17 August 7th, 2006 08:35 PM

Parrot Mom,

Just realized all my dress cruise clothes are black.. blank pants, black skirt and all sorts of black tops, from sequenned to lacy knit..Talk about tired of black.. I think with one pair of black palazzo pants I must have or six options for wearing tops... Enough is Enough....loll Does anybody else feel the same way???

I have a white dnner jacket with the proper black formal trowsers. Every so often, though, I get tempted to have a tailor make me a suit in the tuxedo style of mint green fabric with spruce satin inserts in the side seams of the legs and spruce satin lapels....

Or perhaps a sky blue suit with royal blue trim....

Anyway, I would think that you ladies would prefer whites or pastels, perhaps with some dark accents, for wear in the warmer climes where cruise ships spend most of their time.

Norm.

dina August 8th, 2006 09:27 AM

I stopped wearing solid black many years ago. I don't want to feel like I'm going to a funeral. I'm celebrating. Liven up those black pants with bright colored tops. Red blue green.. sparkly things..

Parrot Mom August 8th, 2006 10:25 AM

:roll: I'm too short..need one color.. do have a lovely purple outfit, but it's more a mother of the bride dress and an all white palazzo pants and white and gold squenned top..
then again, black is a great foil for my parrot necklace on plain tops or my various sets of pearls...(my birthstone).. Norm will be happy to know that on our Majesty cruise to Bermuda next month I'm just taking one pair of dressy black pants and three tops and one pair of shoes.. BTW before the last ten years of crusing NEVER wore black..

LisaK August 8th, 2006 11:29 AM

first off, i don't look good in all black. My basic black is navy blue. I love color, i will pair up my navy dinner suit with a vivid fushia, red or turquoise blouse. My dresses are all vivid colors.

Fieldmouse August 8th, 2006 01:26 PM

Re: BLACK, BLACK, BLACK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
:roll: Just realized all my dress cruise clothes are black.. blank pants, black skirt and all sorts of black tops, from sequenned to lacy knit..Talk about tired of black.. I think with one pair of black palazzo pants I must have or six options for wearing tops... Enough is Enough....loll Does anybody else feel the same way???

Not yet...but I do take lot's of colored tops and accents. I avoid white...because it's a little harsh with my skin tone...

Parrot Mom August 8th, 2006 01:47 PM

LOL FIELDMOUSE discovered long ago that there is white and there is white...all shades of white.. I had a white dress that I loved, but when I wore it I felt yecch... I just off set with perhaps scarves and accessories..with the black especially.

gerif August 8th, 2006 04:36 PM

White is very difficult - I remember my sister and BIL taking me shopping for a formal gown about 40 years ago - I tried on a lovely white one. BIL took one look and said "don't even get MARRIED in white - you look awful!" Well, a few years later, I opted for ivory at my wedding. Yes, he's still my BIL and I still love him.

I'm a big fan of the black palazzo pants that roll up and pack down to nothing with assorted colored tops.

rollerdonna August 20th, 2006 12:12 AM

ParrotMom, you have a problem with black. I have a problem with PURPLE! Just about everyhting I own is purple, so of course, my cruising clothes include alot of purple too. I do try to buy other colours occasionally (pink and turquoise are my 2nd and 3rd runner up colours) but somehow I always end up going back to purple!
So, if you see someone on formal night in a purple dress, - it's prpbably me!!

donna

Parrot Mom August 20th, 2006 12:33 AM

LOL Okay RollerDonna.. I have right now purple polish on my toe and regular nails and purple sun glasses and purple framed regular glasses..and I do have a purple cocktail dress too. It's my very favorite color.. It;s just harder for me to buy something in formal cruise wear..and that dress is much too dressy...mother of the bride type..It gets to be that when I see something in purple I race right over to it...like I did last week with a skirt and top outfit for my upcomng cruise..

CruisinK n J August 20th, 2006 08:18 PM

Black, Black, Black

My dressy clothes for a cruise is black-based: dressy pants and shoes. Actually, the pants are part of a four-piece outfit that travels like a dream. I plan to look for colorful evening tops for the December cruise, tho'.

Judy

Tika September 11th, 2006 01:28 AM

Cruise black outfits etc.

I am going on our tenth + cruise and have come to the conclusion that Black does it all. I have collected over the years many of Chicos Travelers sets. Travelers packs so wonderful and you can wash and dry almost overnight. I have many different tops in assorted colors and I had the bling for formal nights. Daytime and excursion wear are my hang up. I always pack too many shorts, slacks bathing suits etc. Not to mention weeding out my shoe pile to only a minium. I at least have one part figured out.............thanks to Chicos............:>)!

showcat October 11th, 2006 01:14 AM

Black makes me look like a ghost plus I feel like Im going to a funeral, I pair it with bright colored tops or at least warm it up with gold or silver jewelry. I have a thing about earth tones however and have lots of beige, tan and brown, but I adore color and lots of it!

fleaberry October 11th, 2006 09:12 PM

black bummer

I always bring one black dress outfit....BUT I always have a colorful wrap to get out of the rut. Also nice jewelry also helps...nothing like a little sparkle even if it is costume to brighten the black up!

soon2bgreene January 19th, 2008 12:58 PM

I Love Black. Its so easy to dress up. You can put a cute jacket over a black shirt and make a whole new outfit. Try dressing it up with jewlry. You can also add a pop of color with headbands, scarfs, head scarfs, costume jewlry, silver, belts...etc... I Love Black because you can take one piece of clothing and create so many different outfits by adding small touches of inexpensive items..

REDWITCH 13 March 3rd, 2008 05:40 PM

I also have many black dresses. Now I have many red dresses too. I am taking some of each.

Formal nights will be long black dress(the backless one) and the other formal night the red dress. That one is short.

I have jewelry to change the look of all my little black dresses. That really helps

Darlene

vacaqn April 9th, 2008 10:56 PM

Re: Cruise black outfits etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tika
I am going on our tenth + cruise and have come to the conclusion that Black does it all. I have collected over the years many of Chicos Travelers sets. Travelers packs so wonderful and you can wash and dry almost overnight. I have many different tops in assorted colors and I had the bling for formal nights. Daytime and excursion wear are my hang up. I always pack too many shorts, slacks bathing suits etc. Not to mention weeding out my shoe pile to only a minium. I at least have one part figured out.............thanks to Chicos............:>)!

I pray to the Chico Gods all the time. Agree that Traveler sets are the best. They travel all over the world w/me for both business and pleasure. Next to the Travelers are all the great bright knit tops that go with black.
I was just looking at some cruise pics and realized that I bring the same clothes on every cruise. They're comfortable, but I need some new material for the next one. The Traveler pants stay, but new tops in some real bright colors are in order!

frogfuzz July 26th, 2009 09:29 PM

I currently love the all black outfit with a chunky turquoise long necklace and bracelt and earrings (not the southwest type)
I think the color really stands out with the black.

I think just perk up the black with color jewelery and stuff like previously mentioned. as long as your happy wear what you like

Trip July 27th, 2009 09:34 PM

Now that I design my own jewlery, I can really perk up a simple outfit with a fabulous necklace and bracelet..I am really into clear lucite now, so, that can be worn with many outfits..saves on packing alot :)