CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Styles At Sea (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/)
-   -   My Man wears ?????? or nothing at all. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/318731-my-man-wears-nothing-all.html)

Mike M August 9th, 2006 01:51 PM

My Man wears ?????? or nothing at all.

What scent do you like on your mate?

My wife likes me to wear this obnoxious Passion by Elizabeth Taylor. I hate it but she likes it so it only is worn when she requests (please, please).

I personally like Chanel Platinum. She doesn't mind it at all.

I've tried many over the years but I usually grow tired of them in short order and end up with soap and water. LOL

Take care,
Mike

SharB August 9th, 2006 02:13 PM

Because of my allergies to certain fragrances, my preference is soap and water.

Shar

dina August 9th, 2006 02:36 PM

I love the smell of Lagerfield so my DH wears it.

I wear Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Divine. He likes it so I wear it.

Trip August 9th, 2006 08:53 PM

I used to love Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel..YUM!

LisaK August 10th, 2006 09:45 AM

DH wears Aramis or Sebastain(sp?) by Paul Sebastain

Magnolia Blossom August 10th, 2006 12:04 PM

DH wears Aramis.
LisaK - that's weird cause isn't it you who wears Magie Noire? Strange that our guys wear the same scent too.

CruisinK n J August 10th, 2006 07:03 PM

My Man Wears?????Or Nothing at All

My DH refuses to wear any fragrance, and he really doesn't like it when
I do. Although I just bought Miss Dior Cherie in a body cream which I enjoy very much.

Judy

Trip August 10th, 2006 07:21 PM

Judy I bought that cologne last year on my cruise..I love the peppery scent!

LisaK August 11th, 2006 12:27 PM

Magnolia - that's right! kinda spooky! now if you tell me that you are a Libra have short brown hair and are in your late 40's i think i will jump out of my skin!!

Fruitcake August 11th, 2006 03:40 PM

Ralph Lauren Safari.
And sometimes Cool Water

Desdemona01 August 11th, 2006 04:14 PM

Mine also wears Ralph Lauren Safari. We panicked last year because they told us in a shop in Grand Cayman that it had been discontinued, but we found it down the street. Clearly the first shop was just trying to push what they had

Magnolia Blossom August 12th, 2006 12:55 PM

Nope, I'm an Aquarius with long blonde hair and 53. Oh well. . .
But we both love cruisin' and that's worth a lot!

crabbie1 August 12th, 2006 09:11 PM

My Man wears ?????? or nothing at all.

Well, since my DW doesn't read the posts......I wear Polo (green bottle) or Grey Flannel. I like Polo the best.

crabbie1

rollerdonna August 19th, 2006 11:03 PM

For my man, and for myself, it's soap and water only because I am allergic to most fragrances. I can tolerate a light after shave on him, but I cannot tolerate heavy perfumes on others.

donna

soon2bgreene January 19th, 2008 11:50 AM

My husband is allergic to strong scents but this one is a keeper. It smells soooo good

Very Sexy
For Him 2

By Victoria Secret

Dona March January 25th, 2008 02:23 PM

My husband wears Green Irish Tweed by Creed, hmmmmmmmm

JamesRT February 7th, 2008 09:27 AM

A good splash of Johnnie Walker Green Lable,and I'm good to go! :wink:

Magnolia Blossom October 23rd, 2008 11:52 AM

James - that was cute

tbowman November 21st, 2008 02:29 AM

I used to buy my husband Paco by Paco Rabanne...it smelled so good, evidently too good, cause he left me for a 19 yr old Canadian...now she buys his cologne and I spend his money 8)

DougR. November 21st, 2008 07:56 AM

I wear "Midnight in Bayonne" it is $1 a gallon at the finer flea markets.

vi reynolds June 20th, 2009 11:09 PM

DH is wearing Rive Gauche by YSL at the moment. I also quite like Ralph Lauren Polo.

Myself, well, I change all the time, also it depends on the occasion and the weather even.

For dressing up, my favourite is Coco Chanel Madamoiselle. For sporty, Tommy Hillfiger for woman, or something like Lacoste in Pink. I was given a box of 5 Estee Lauder miniatures for Christmas and I love the idea of sampling different ones, most of them are floral, so ideal for spring. Beyond Paradise and Beautiful are my favourite of that lot.

Now, I will probably take Dune by Christian Dior to the cruise since it really has some hot weather inspiration there somewhere. It's something that I only wear in summer but love it during the season.

Someone mentioned Magie Noire, oh, my mum has been a fan for years!

Nothin but blue skies October 27th, 2010 09:46 PM

Clinique's Happy - love it because it reminds me of the beach and Eternity for Men.,

My long time favorite has been Eternity (women) and when I can find it Cashmere by Vic Secret

Lakers Fan October 27th, 2010 09:55 PM

At one time for me it was Obsession For Men

DeepSpace July 14th, 2011 09:52 PM

JamesRT I also am a fan of Mr Walker, very good choice.

MTL July 15th, 2011 09:50 PM

Hi !
During summer time I wear "Champs-Elysées from Guerlain eau de toilette.All other season it is BLV (blue) from BVLGARI.My man is a BALENCIAGA fan.

MTL

Surfguyxxx1 February 13th, 2012 05:10 PM

Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana

Golden1 February 13th, 2012 05:19 PM

REALM for men- Back in the day it was very expensive, but now since it lost it's popularity it is 1/4 of the price.

Kamloops Cruiser February 13th, 2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike M (Post 812244)
What scent do you like on your mate?

My wife likes me to wear this obnoxious Passion by Elizabeth Taylor. I hate it but she likes it so it only is worn when she requests (please, please).

I personally like Chanel Platinum. She doesn't mind it at all.

I've tried many over the years but I usually grow tired of them in short order and end up with soap and water. LOL

Take care,
Mike

My wife prefers that I don't wear any cologne or after shave.

KDGodwin February 17th, 2012 03:26 AM

I have afew things I wear depending on where I'm going and my mood. Very Sexy for Her by Victoria's Secret is my favorite, but I also have a couple body oil mists from Victoria's Secret that I like (Coconut is one).

My husband used to wear Very Sexy for Him, which a like a lot, but now he mostly wears Acqua di Gio by Giorgio Armani. Love it!

Ring of Gold April 10th, 2012 04:22 PM

Lean in...

To my mind the whole idea of wearing a scent is not to warn others off from twenty feet... but to make them want to lean in from ten inches. Anything subtle but earthy enough to do that - whether I'm the leaner or the leanee - is great by me!:)