Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Styles At Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Styles At Sea Discuss the Latest In Cruise Fashion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Yeoman

Default Color me .. pink? yellow?

Does anyone organize their cruise clothing around a single color or maybe complementary colors?

It seems in the past I have had a lot of pink.
Now, as I look at my stuff for an upcoming cruise, I see a lot of orange/coral.
Pink shoes will definitely clash with that!
For one cruise I had a lot of red.

I have nothing in the blue family, but I do have some spring green capris.

And yes, I have the requisite white -- cropped and capris both. I can wear my coral-colored tops with them!
Old September 26th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Admiral

Default Color Me Pink Yellow?

For the Cruise of the Century, it looks like I'll be doing red and black for evenings. My daytime casuals have a lot of soft greens, peach, aqua, and fuscia. I have some decisions to make!

Judy
Old September 26th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Fruitcake, great question......For the most part, when I shop, I am not looking for specifics, if I like the item, I then check to see what colors, it comes in. I do like most shades of green, not a fan of jewel tones, and although I like red, my red hair precludes that..Autumn colors do it for me, along with black..So my cruise wardrobe has serendipity!

I read on a forum, how some women, pack everything together on a hanger, including their jewelry, so everything is at hand...For me this is too rigid. I could change my mind, and want that necklace or bracelet I left at home..So for me, having choices works well.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old September 26th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Admiral

I never pick one color scheme. That's why most of my shoes are neutrals.
Trip I too have red hair and I do wear some red, even on top.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old September 27th, 2006, 09:31 AM
Admiral

I will buy myself a tropical print sundress just for cruising. If i can wear it at home then that would be a bonus.
I love vibrant colors anyway, especially in the pink family. Coral/peach tones work great on me when i have a tan. I love red, i also love all shades of blue.
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

It just so happened that this year I had purchased a lot of summer clothes in shades of brown, sage green and orange. I was planning on wearing solid black for formal night on our five day cruise, and also had this really cute white/orange/brown floral halter for another evening. Sooo, I decided to go really tropical and do my nails in bright orange! My family teased me about it the whole week, but I loved it, it went with almost everything I packed. I'm not sure I would have done it for a longer cruise with more than one formal night, but it was fun and I knew the Ecstasy was a more casual ship than others. Plus those colors all look great on me when I have a good tan. So that was my "orange" cruise, I even bought a bright orange "flip flop" shaped key ring in the cruise shop to commemorate my orange cruise!
Old September 27th, 2006, 02:46 PM
Yeoman

I love orange. It is such a happy color!
My bedroom is painted in a shade of orange ... desert orange or something, it was called.

I have orange nail polish, and I love it!
Old October 24th, 2006, 02:21 AM
Admiral

Colour me.... PURPLE!! I don't care what the season, or what is fashionable or not, if it's purple, I'll wear it! A little obsessed? probably, but it's what feels good on me.
Although I have noticed my summer/cruise wear straying towards pinks and turquoises.....then again, if you mix those two, you'd get ... PURPLE!!

donna