Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Styles At Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Styles At Sea Discuss the Latest In Cruise Fashion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default California in December?

Hi All:

This is my first post to the "Styles At Sea" forum.

We are taking a short 3-day cruise in December out of LA (break up the winter blahs). We are also planning to take a longer cruise out of the same port in May.

I am not confused about what to wear in May; however, December has me baffled, especially when thinking about evening attire. I know the weather will be cool (50-65 degrees) but still much warmer than here in northern Utah. Are open toe shoes appropriate? Is white ok? Should I plan dark colored dress capris with warmer shirt or slacks for casual nights?

I've also heard the 3-day weekend cruises tend to be more casual. Will we stand out if we wear the standard formal night attire?

Monarch of the Seas - December 2006
Elation - April 2006
Sensation - May 2005
Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Admiral

I would not worry about white or open toed shoes. And, your normal formal attire should be fine. But, the deck can be extremely chilly, even during the day. We lived in L.A. for 13 years and did a lot of cruises from there and you end up sailing through part of the ocean where the Arctic current comes down along the coast. Creates a very chilly breeze on deck. A windbreaker would be perfect.
Marty