Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Styles At Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Styles At Sea Discuss the Latest In Cruise Fashion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 19th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Tick Tock, Tick Tock........

Several years back, I had this handbag, that I only took on cruises. It was round patent leather, and the entire front of it, was a clock...Now, this is not something I normally would carry, but on a cruise, from the very first time, it was an attention getter, and a conversation starter, which I loved..Such an easy way to get the wait in the terminal off to a good start...

From then on, I always used it when I cruised. Once in Aruba, I was stopped by a couple, and they wanted their picture taken with it! It also was a way to meet up with people from the boards, all I would say is look for the lady, with the clock bag, and as you would imagine, they didn't find more then one

Well, a couple of years ago, the old girl took her last cruise, I know, I know, it was a SAD day But guess what? I found another one..yayayay

This time it's a square one, so if you see a lady with one on your cruise, it just might be me Come say hi

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2006, 07:52 PM
Passenger

Trip, you are not going to believe this, I found a purse with a clock on the front. It's round, this one is black leather, thought I would go searching on e-bay and there it was! The auction is over in 4 days and I am keeping my eye on it. I wrote the seller and she said yes it does work. We are leaving for an 11 night Mex. Riviera Cruise on Dec. 12th out of San Francisco and she guarenteed me that I will get it before the cruise. You got me all excited about finding one. Seller also says it is brand new,......... If I win it, I know I will have fun with it! Keep your fingers crossed everyone.......
Old November 24th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Admiral

That's awesome! You will get such a kick out of it..Get ready to chat away, because you will be accosted Fingers crossed!

Old November 29th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Passenger

Trip, good news, I won the purse with the clock on the front. Now for the fun as we board ship on our 11 night cruise out of San Francisco the 12th of Dec. Can't wait!!!!!! I had told you the purse is leather, wrong, it's patten leather, don'tcha wonder if it's just like the one you had at one time.........
Old November 29th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Admiral

I went to Ebay,when you posted, and it IS the same bag! I wish you all the fun, I have had on past cruises with it..Bon Voyage, and come back and share the fun stories!

Old November 29th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Passenger

I'll be sure and let you know all about my fun with the purse when I get back. What if no-one notices? If that would be the scenerio, I would just have to ask someone if they know what time it is, then tell them!!!!!! Just sort of act like I had forgotten my purse tells time!!!!!! How fun........
Old January 1st, 2007, 08:37 PM
Passenger

Just got back from cruise with the purse with the clock. I have never had soooo much fun in my life as I did with that purse! We were in line for 30 to 45 min. boarding in San Francisco. I would say 95% of the people noticed. One women said she absolutely had to have a purse like that and her husband replied, "oh no you don't". You do have to be the kind that doesn't mind allot of attention when you are using it! Now, we have booked a cruise to Alaska out of San Francisco in Sept. and of course I shall be the spotlight while boarding.......... Everyone asked me where I got it...........
Old January 9th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Admiral

I am sooo glad you had fun with your clock bag...it sort of breaks the ice with everyone.... Now you have a new, "must bring" on your cruises!