Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Styles At Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Styles At Sea Discuss the Latest In Cruise Fashion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 23rd, 2006, 01:43 AM
Admiral

Default Dressy shoe problem

I have problem feet. I need to wear orthopedic inserts in regular shoes, and I can wear an open shoe or dress shoe only for a limited amount of time (dinner, for instance, and kick them off under the table!).
I have found a "dressy sandal", it has a silvery base, a blue (or pink, I bought 2 pair!) thong, with a pretty flower applique. It also has an ever so slightly elevated heel, as I cannot wear heels, and it is ultimately comfortable.
Question is, does this sound dressy enough for a formal night?

donna
Old November 23rd, 2006, 09:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Donna, wear them and be comfy..The ultimate goal on that night is to have a shoe that compliments your oufit..If these do that, you like them, and you are comfortable, that's what matters I'm sure they are adorable

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 23rd, 2006, 01:21 PM
Admiral

I too have foot problems. My shoes may not be as dressy as I used to wear and I'm sure that some poeple would criticize them as too casual, but it's those shoes or barefoot. Shoes are formal night are a good thing! Wear yours and have fun. They sound very cute!
Marty
Old November 23rd, 2006, 03:05 PM
Admiral

rollerdonna and Marty,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna
I have problem feet. I need to wear orthopedic inserts in regular shoes, and I can wear an open shoe or dress shoe only for a limited amount of time (dinner, for instance, and kick them off under the table!).
I have found a "dressy sandal", it has a silvery base, a blue (or pink, I bought 2 pair!) thong, with a pretty flower applique. It also has an ever so slightly elevated heel, as I cannot wear heels, and it is ultimately comfortable.
Question is, does this sound dressy enough for a formal night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty
I too have foot problems. My shoes may not be as dressy as I used to wear and I'm sure that some poeple would criticize them as too casual, but it's those shoes or barefoot. Shoes are formal night are a good thing! Wear yours and have fun. They sound very cute!
If there's a medical problem that prevents you from conforming fully to the prescribed dress code, conform as closely as possible while doing whatever you must to deal with the medical issue. The standard of dress presumes that one is medically able to comply with it!

You ladies have an advantage. If you wear a full length dress with a fairly full skirt, your shoes won't be very noticeable because the skirt of the dress will hide them.

Norm.
Old November 23rd, 2006, 08:47 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Oh, and since my feet swell, to the size of Rhode Island, I may have issues as well

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old November 24th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Passenger

I too have a problem with feet swelling on cruises. I have found though, that if I eat no salt food onboard, the feet don't start swelling till about two days before I come home and that's on a 10 night cruise. The first night at dinner I ask the waiter if I could have no salt meals and he usually calls over the head waiter and he takes care of it. They always show me the menu for the next day and then I choose, good thing about it, I know what we are having a day ahead. I use lemon in place of salt...... Oh yes, I do slip an extra $20 to the waiter and head waiter at the beginning of the trip, I have never had any problem with them remembering. I do wear shoes with a slight heel on Formal Nights to dinner then after dinner I slip into low heeled that have been embellished.
Old November 26th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Default Dressy Shoe Problems

Add me to the list of people with foot problems. Dressy shoes are especially difficult to me, because it seems like discomfort is inherent with the design. I have a dressy shoe with a low heel in black that I wear on formal nights. They're by Naturaliser. You might want to check out their web site.

Boy, it sounds like I'll be in the company of a lot of fellow sufferers.

Judy
Old November 26th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Admiral

Also try Easy Spirit shoes.

While in Tampa this weekend i was at the mall in brandon and they had an Easy Spirit shoe store and found a real cute pair of black dress shoes with a low heel and great padding.

Now to find something in bronze for an outfit I found today at Dillards.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old November 27th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Donna, put the shoes on with the outfit you intend to wear them with, look at the entire ensemble in a full-length mirror and judge for yourself, also don't forget to paint those tooties when wearing open-toed shoes or sandals.