Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Styles At Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Styles At Sea Discuss the Latest In Cruise Fashion.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #31 (permalink)  
Old October 5th, 2007, 04:47 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,312
Default

From people I talk to on land, I get the impression that there are more women cruising than men. Maybe some more cleavage will generate more interest among men to cruise.

Manuel
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old October 6th, 2007, 01:21 PM
colorcrazie's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tampa Bay area
Posts: 2,706
Default

If they are on land, then they may not know which sex is at sea the most.
But, in case you are right, I will do my best to contribute to the cleavage brigade.
Marty
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old October 6th, 2007, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,312
Default

Marty:

Let me clarify myself. Of the people that I know and associate with, it is usually the women that have to convince their "significant others" to go on a cruise. I know men can be such dorks as to not recognize a good thing that is presented to them. My idea was that a little bit more cleavage would sway their minds.


Manuel
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old October 7th, 2007, 01:23 PM
colorcrazie's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tampa Bay area
Posts: 2,706
Default

Manuel,
Sorry, man, I was joking!
Marty
P.S. To talk my SO into his first cruise, I had to use threats!
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old October 8th, 2007, 04:32 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 111
Default LOL

Threats never work with me- Cleavage gets me everytime!! lol
__________________
Tom & Re
"Winners do what Losers won't"
Mariner
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old October 10th, 2007, 01:41 PM
colorcrazie's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tampa Bay area
Posts: 2,706
Default

Ah, but threatening never to show cleavage again works really well.
Just kidding.
Marty
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old October 10th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 111
Default

No Fair!!!! lol
__________________
Tom & Re
"Winners do what Losers won't"
Mariner
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old October 12th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,312
Default

All is fair when you are trying to convince your SO to go on a cruise.

Manuel
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old October 13th, 2007, 02:36 PM
colorcrazie's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Tampa Bay area
Posts: 2,706
Default

All is fair in love, war and cruise planning!
Marty
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old October 13th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,312
Default

EXACTLY!!!

Manuel
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Reply With Quote
  #41 (permalink)  
Old November 30th, 2007, 05:41 PM
katlady's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the lido deck with drink of the day
Posts: 12,911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvabill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
Seeing some clips last week of massive cleavage displays at Anna Nicole's funeral I would say a cruise is the perfect place

I couldn't agree more Trip! 8)


Okay Nvabill that is a crack up you posted a picture from my gallery. That I was about to post on Cleveage the lady with all the cleveage is my tablemate. My hubby was happy with her choice of dress. I didn't mind either because she was so much fun to hang out with.
__________________
One part age; three parts liquor!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Reply With Quote
  #42 (permalink)  
Old December 13th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Palm Coast, Florida
Posts: 19,312
Default

8)

Manuel
__________________
CRUISES
Century 4/1998
Mercury 4/2000+4/2006+7/2007
Sensation 4/2002
Infinity 4/2003
Summit 4/2004+4/2005
Carnival Liberty New Year's Eve 2007
Liberty of the Seas 5/2008+11/2009
Solstice 4/2009
Oasis 4/2010+4/13/2013
Allure 1/16/ 2011
Equinox 4/11/2011
Independence of the Seas 12/29/2013 Top-notch!
Reply With Quote
  #43 (permalink)  
Old December 15th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3
Default

i say, why not? as they say, if you got it, flaunt it. you can wear whatever you are comfortable and confident with. just try not to go over the top, like your "twins" are about to be spilled over. in any occasion, always remember to wear something appropriate. have fun...
Reply With Quote
  #44 (permalink)  
Old January 18th, 2008, 12:56 AM
soon2bgreene's Avatar
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shelby, NC
Posts: 57
Default

Sometimes cleavage is there whether you want it or not. Its just a part of your body. Some happen to be bigger...this does not give men invitation to gawk.....sometimes I wish they wouldnt even notice. So anyway, wear what you think looks nice.
Reply With Quote
  #45 (permalink)  
Old January 19th, 2008, 02:41 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,771
Default

soon2bgreene,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Sometimes cleavage is there whether you want it or not. Its just a part of your body. Some happen to be bigger...this does not give men invitation to gawk.....sometimes I wish they wouldnt even notice. So anyway, wear what you think looks nice.
True, but one need not wear (1) bras designed to enhance cleavage or (2) dresses or tops designed to showcase it. Females (use of the term "ladies" in this context would be dubious) who do either or both are inviting that sort of attention. Buxom women do best to wear a dress with a neckline somewhere above the top of the bust with material that drapes down from the bustline.

Norm.
Reply With Quote
  #46 (permalink)  
Old January 19th, 2008, 11:43 AM
soon2bgreene's Avatar
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shelby, NC
Posts: 57
Default

Rev

I completly agree. Some women BEG for attention by the way they dress. Some dont. But it doesnt really matter to some (not all) men. If a 'buxom' woman wears a turtle neck, theres always some man who thinks its there right to gawk and comment. Just because a woman has a bigger chest doesnt mean that she is trying to draw attention. Even modest clothes fit differently. I Love to wear polo type shirts. But even they dont disguise whats noticably there. I just think that men should look at women as if it were their sister. Its not right that they can make some perverted comments and get a pat on the back. I dont feel complimented by that kind of behavior. Quiet frankly, its really embarrassing.

I wonder what those men would do if someone looked at their sister like that? LoL
Reply With Quote
  #47 (permalink)  
Old January 21st, 2008, 05:47 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,771
Default

soon2bgreene,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I completly agree. Some women BEG for attention by the way they dress. Some dont. But it doesnt really matter to some (not all) men. If a 'buxom' woman wears a turtle neck, theres always some man who thinks its there right to gawk and comment. Just because a woman has a bigger chest doesnt mean that she is trying to draw attention. Even modest clothes fit differently. I Love to wear polo type shirts. But even they dont disguise whats noticably there. I just think that men should look at women as if it were their sister. Its not right that they can make some perverted comments and get a pat on the back. I dont feel complimented by that kind of behavior. Quiet frankly, its really embarrassing.

I wonder what those men would do if someone looked at their sister like that? LoL
Yes, there are some rather boorish men in this world, too....

Actually, I'm guessing that this sort of behavior is more prevalent on some cruise lines than on others. Historically, Carnival Cruise Line had a reputation for quite a "frat party" atmosphere at sea where that sort of behavior, or worse, would be normative. The line has tried to tone it down in recent years, but my travel agent would be the first to tell you that the line still has the same core of loyal repeat passengers. By contrast, more "upscale" lines historically have drawn a classier clientelle overall. I'm not saying that you won't run into such behavior occasionally even on a line like Celebrity or Princess, but it would be the exception rather than the rule.

BTW, note that I do not apply the term "pigs" to such rude and inconsiderate males. I would not insult our porcine friends in that way.

Norm.
Reply With Quote
  #48 (permalink)  
Old January 21st, 2008, 07:56 PM
soon2bgreene's Avatar
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Shelby, NC
Posts: 57
Default

Rev,

LoL .....Thats to funny.
Reply With Quote
  #49 (permalink)  
Old February 10th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 4
Default

You're on vacation. Show some cleavage. Think of it this way. If you plan on laying out on the pool deck in a bikini you will be showing more cleavage there so what's the difference.
Reply With Quote
  #50 (permalink)  
Old February 10th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Kuki's Avatar
Moderator
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Right here :)
Posts: 22,381
Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default

Quote:
my travel agent would be the first to tell you that the line still has the same core of loyal repeat passengers. By
Norm.. get a new travel agent. One who perhaps has sailed some of these different lines. Because he description of Carnival doesn't even close.

I was just on a Celebrity cruise, and befriended a very nice looking single 30 yr old onboard. I watched the entire cruise as the classy Celebrity men, oggled her, and because she was single felt they could use the most vulgar and unacceptable language when around her.

And the number of DOM who chased her was laughable as were they.
__________________
C U @ C,
Kuki
CruiseMates' Staff Writer
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Reply With Quote
  #51 (permalink)  
Old February 11th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,771
Default

Marty,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Ah, but threatening never to show cleavage again works really well.
Just kidding.
Or you could just tell him that you are going to get pregnant on the cruise and ask if he would like to come along to do the honors....

;-)

Norm.
Reply With Quote
  #52 (permalink)  
Old February 14th, 2008, 10:00 AM
katlady's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the lido deck with drink of the day
Posts: 12,911
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2bgreene
Rev

I completly agree. Some women BEG for attention by the way they dress. Some dont. But it doesnt really matter to some (not all) men. If a 'buxom' woman wears a turtle neck, theres always some man who thinks its there right to gawk and comment. Just because a woman has a bigger chest doesnt mean that she is trying to draw attention. Even modest clothes fit differently. I Love to wear polo type shirts. But even they dont disguise whats noticably there. I just think that men should look at women as if it were their sister. Its not right that they can make some perverted comments and get a pat on the back. I dont feel complimented by that kind of behavior. Quiet frankly, its really embarrassing.

I wonder what those men would do if someone looked at their sister like that? LoL
I have been there to soon2bgreene. I was working at McDonalds at age 17. I was wearing my uniform working in the Drive Thru. Some guy told me "nice Ti!s!" I gave him back his change and said "Thank You." Getting mad would only be playing into his hands and could get me fired. But those are the type of things you have to deal sometimes. Just because we gotta them doesn't give men the right to say whatever they feel. However, at this point in my life I have dealt with this type of behavior from both men and women So I think I will just wear what I please and the heck with everyone. I like my underwire bra, it lifts (no padding) it's not a miracle bra, I don't need a miracle.

Also try buying a swimsuit without looking like a street walker it's difficult I have been to 13 stores and I haven't found anything. No halter swimsuits for me.
__________________
One part age; three parts liquor!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Reply With Quote
  #53 (permalink)  
Old February 14th, 2008, 08:09 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,771
Default

katlady,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
I have been there to soon2bgreene. I was working at McDonalds at age 17. I was wearing my uniform working in the Drive Thru. Some guy told me "nice Ti!s!" I gave him back his change and said "Thank You." Getting mad would only be playing into his hands and could get me fired. But those are the type of things you have to deal sometimes. Just because we gotta them doesn't give men the right to say whatever they feel. However, at this point in my life I have dealt with this type of behavior from both men and women So I think I will just wear what I please and the heck with everyone. I like my underwire bra, it lifts (no padding) it's not a miracle bra, I don't need a miracle.
Um, yes....

The government has passed laws governing "sexual harassment" in the workplace that pretty well regulate what a company can allow one's managers and one's coworkers to do, but it's rather difficult to extend these laws to the behavior of boorish customers.

And perhaps on this note I should just plead guilty to sexism in the way that I treat waiters and waitresses in restaurants. FBOW, I will often catch a pretty waitress who delivers a good-looking steak or whatever to my table off-guard with a comment to the effect that, "to a hungry guy, it looks almost as terrific as you do!" And I guarantee that a waiter won't get the same compliment, no matter how handsome he is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Also try buying a swimsuit without looking like a street walker it's difficult I have been to 13 stores and I haven't found anything. No halter swimsuits for me.
I don't understand. Halters usually provide decent support for buxom ladies. Could you post a pic showing the problem?

Norm
Reply With Quote
  #54 (permalink)  
Old February 15th, 2008, 09:54 AM
katlady's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On the lido deck with drink of the day
Posts: 12,911
Default

Hi Norm,
Sorry I didn't buy the halter swimsuit so no picture will be posted. I really appreciate your willness to help me and my cleavage.

Oh a just to let you know the time I was oggled by a woman it was a tablemate on the Infinity (Celebrity). She did it all 12 nights of my Alaskan cruise. She was bold with my hubby sitting there. We switched seats so I didn't have to sit by her. We should have asked to change seats after the first dinner.I have been on Carnival and have not had that problem. So I think it's less a cruise line problem and just a bad luck issue. There is one in every crowd no matter the cruise line.

I have been on 4 day cruise on Carnival and there is a party atmosphere but nothing that has gotten out of hand. I like the party atmosphere it makes it fun for me. But if you go on a cruise to relax then Celebrity is more for you. There is a cruise line of everyone that is the great thing about cruising.
__________________
One part age; three parts liquor!

Freedom of the Seas 2012
Carnival Splendor 2010
Carnival Freedom 2008
Carnival Elation 2007
Celebrity Infinity 2006
Carnival Ecstasy 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Star Princess 2002
Viking Serenade 1994
Reply With Quote
  #55 (permalink)  
Old February 22nd, 2008, 05:10 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: MONTREAL
Posts: 1,985
Default

this is an interesting topic. as my gilrlfriend has told me many times,
you can look but don`t touch.
Reply With Quote
  #56 (permalink)  
Old February 27th, 2008, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,771
Default

earl,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You
this is an interesting topic. as my gilrlfriend has told me many times,
you can look but don`t touch.
I have told my GF that if I or any other red-blooded American male ever fails to notice a pretty lady, check for a pulse... that is, to make sure that he still has one!

Norm.
Reply With Quote
  #57 (permalink)  
Old March 3rd, 2008, 01:21 PM
REDWITCH 13's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,165
Default

Hey,l I have many dresses that I am taking with me on this cruise that are going to show cleveage....And I am going to wear them!

My one black dess is backless to a point. Not completely backless just to where ya may say. just enough....

I don't mind the looking...just no touching

Darlene(Red)
__________________
Inspiration-5/5/1996-S. Caribbean
Imagination-4/26/1997-W. Caribbean
Jubilee-4/19/1998-Hawaii
Destiny-4/9/2000-E. Caribbean
Valor-5/11/2008
Liberty-5/1/2010
Pride 4/21/2013
Pride 9/8/2013
Imagination 11/11/2013
Pride 12/8/2013


LOVE TO CRUISE
Reply With Quote
  #58 (permalink)  
Old March 3rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
thecruisequeen's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13
Hey,l I have many dresses that I am taking with me on this cruise that are going to show cleveage....And I am going to wear them!

My one black dess is backless to a point. Not completely backless just to where ya may say. just enough....

I don't mind the looking...just no touching

Darlene(Red)
you go girl!
__________________
OASIS OF THE SEAS & VISION OF THE SEAS BACK 2 BACK JULY 2014

CQ's Cruise Resume

Independence Of The Seas
Allure Of The Seas
Carnival Breeze
Oasis Of The Seas x2
Liberty Of The Seas x4
Freedom Of The Seas x3
Navigator Of The Seas x2
Explorer Of The Seas x2
Voyager Of The Seas
Enchantment Of The Seas
Rhapsody Of The Seas
Majesty Of The Seas
Monarch Of The Seas
Sovereign Of The Seas
Celebrity Mercury
Carnival Victory
Reply With Quote
  #59 (permalink)  
Old March 4th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: MONTREAL
Posts: 1,985
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDWITCH 13
Hey,l I have many dresses that I am taking with me on this cruise that are going to show cleveage....And I am going to wear them!

My one black dess is backless to a point. Not completely backless just to where ya may say. just enough....

I don't mind the looking...just no touching

Darlene(Red)


There is an old saying, If you got them, flaunt them
Reply With Quote
  #60 (permalink)  
Old April 9th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Member
Passenger
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 99
Default Re: Cleavage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinK n J
Doug, funny!

Depends on how old you are, too. I don't like to see older cleavage. It's too wrinkley, and that's embarrassing. I also don't like to see "spilling outage" on any woman , young or old.

If you are over 50, and especially if you are "blessed," you should not show any more than the very top of the separation where the breast bone is.

Judy
You make it sound like 50 is old. Here's a newsflash, 50 is the new 30. Having just celebrated the BIG 50, I look better now than I ever looked. The girls are still very perky, with no wrinkles and the cleavage looks great! If you have it flaunt it - as long as you're wearing the tops that are 2 sizes too small!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
50, clevage, cruise, gras, lesbian, lot, make, mardi, moms, nice, pics, picture, sexy, show, showing, wives


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1