CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Styles At Sea (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/)
-   -   Clevage? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/329282-clevage.html)

aprilrose March 5th, 2007 01:01 PM

Clevage?

First time cruiser...stupid question. Is it ok to show clevage? I'm going solo and have this picture in my head of wives dragging their husbands by the arm when I pass by and mother's putting their hands over their adolescent son's eyes.

I'm not talking a lot, I'm also talking tasteful, not bulging out all over. Is it the norm or the exception to show some clevage?

JamesRT March 5th, 2007 01:28 PM

When are you crusing,what ship,etc.? :wink:
Go for it and enjoy yourself!

cheezz March 5th, 2007 06:30 PM

*sigh* wish I could! As long as it's tasteful....

you'll feel just fine. You'll be surprised at what some people wear. Just wear what you're comfortable with.

Trip March 5th, 2007 07:54 PM

Seeing some clips last week of massive cleavage displays at Anna Nicole's funeral:( I would say a cruise is the perfect place;)

Rev22:17 March 6th, 2007 01:06 AM

Re: Clevage?

aprilrose,

Quote:

Originally Posted by You
First time cruiser...stupid question. Is it ok to show clevage? I'm going solo and have this picture in my head of wives dragging their husbands by the arm when I pass by and mother's putting their hands over their adolescent son's eyes.

I'm not talking a lot, I'm also talking tasteful, not bulging out all over. Is it the norm or the exception to show some clevage?

Aboard ship, contemporary styles are pretty much acceptable. Just make sure that they fit properly, so that a "wardrobe failure" won't cause you embarassment....

Norm.

LisaK March 6th, 2007 02:49 PM

as long as you are not "spilling over", "busting out" there is nothing wrong with showing a bit of cleveage. Make sure the girls are supported so as not to worry about any kind of wardrobe malfunctions

Mike M March 7th, 2007 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LisaK
as long as you are not "spilling over", "busting out" there is nothing wrong with showing a bit of cleveage. Make sure the girls are supported so as not to worry about any kind of wardrobe malfunctions.

I couldn't say it any better than Lisa. Clevage, in moderation, has been acceptable, for centuries.

Take care,
Mike

LisaK March 7th, 2007 02:33 PM

thanks Mike!

Cassandra April 19th, 2007 05:54 PM

Think of it in these terms.

Remember the light blue dress and the white one Princess Diana wore? (God bless her soul!). You did see cleavage, but it very tasteful and not deep? That's ok.

Now...if you go along the lines of Madonna, Anna Nicole, or any of the Hollywood women...well, then its a bit much. There's a difference between slutty and sexy.

Fruitcake April 25th, 2007 03:01 PM

If you are *blessed,* enjoy it!
LOL

DougR. April 26th, 2007 12:47 PM

Plese post pictures of said clevage so we can better advise you on the appropriateness of the display. :twisted:

Fruitcake April 26th, 2007 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougR.
Plese post pictures of said clevage so we can better advise you on the appropriateness of the display. :twisted:

LOL ... very funny!
I love a person with a good sense of humor! LOL

CruisinK n J April 27th, 2007 09:41 PM

Cleavage

Doug, funny!

Depends on how old you are, too. I don't like to see older cleavage. It's too wrinkley, and that's embarrassing. I also don't like to see "spilling outage" on any woman , young or old.

If you are over 50, and especially if you are "blessed," you should not show any more than the very top of the separation where the breast bone is.

Judy

colorcrazie April 28th, 2007 12:41 PM

Judy,
Gotta disagree. I'm way past 50 and hubby would be seriously disappointed if I followed your rule. :oops: Anyone else can just choose to look or not.
Marty :wink:

Inis46 May 3rd, 2007 02:39 AM

I won't mention the name of the former message board I was on, but there was a picture of a couple and she was not only showing boobs but a completely bare left side! The dress kinda looked like one of those panels that you buy in the curtain section of Kmart and she just draped it over herself. She could have at least tanned her backside..... :shock: (watch half of the guys from here suddenly disappear LOL )

mteague May 3rd, 2007 05:53 PM

I'm 50 and my "girls" are still nice and perky....no wrinkles here....and no sagging either! Do I show cleavage, sure, tastefully, but most definitely!

Melody

nvabill May 4th, 2007 08:47 PM

I say show it as much as you want but please don't fault me as a man for looking. Never could understand why woman will dress to show and then belittle men for looking at what they are showing. :wink:

Bill

Bobby_G June 6th, 2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nvabill
I say show it as much as you want but please don't fault me as a man for looking. Never could understand why woman will dress to show and then belittle men for looking at what they are showing. :wink:

Bill

here here
I've seen more skin on cruises than anywhere else I've been.
Show what you want.

nvabill June 6th, 2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby_G
Quote:

Bill

here here
I've seen more skin on cruises than anywhere else I've been.
Show what you want.

I agree and I'm a gonna look!!! :twisted:

Bobby_G June 6th, 2007 09:16 AM

TOO!!!!
what else can one expect from us red blooded American boys ?

Seabeacon June 6th, 2007 11:33 AM

Quote:

Bill

LOL

colorcrazie June 6th, 2007 02:40 PM

Guys, just a point of etiquette here. If you hit my chin with the top of your chin trying to get a better look, I'm gonna object. Short of that...enjoy it if you want to.
Marty

colorcrazie June 6th, 2007 02:40 PM

OOOps...I meant if you hit me with the top of your head! :oops:

Bobby_G June 6th, 2007 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Guys, just a point of etiquette here. If you hit my chin with the top of your chin trying to get a better look, I'm gonna object. Short of that...enjoy it if you want to.
Marty

chin 2 chin
now that's interesting :wink: :o :D

Lyn_N June 9th, 2007 03:41 PM

Aprilrose, dress in whatever makes you feel confident,comfortable and sexy. You can't base your wardrobe on what others will or will not like on you. First cruise-live it up,ENJOY.

Bobby_G June 9th, 2007 04:05 PM

Yeah, if you are proud enuff to show it off, we guys will be proud enuff to look. :D :D

nvabill June 10th, 2007 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colorcrazie
OOOps...I meant if you hit me with the top of your head! :oops:

Hey sweetpea at 6 feet tall I don't have to bump anything to get a good view! :twisted:

colorcrazie June 11th, 2007 03:22 PM

I'll keep that in mind if we ever run into each other on board! :oops: :wink:
Marty

Bobby_G June 11th, 2007 05:32 PM

A cruise ain't a cruise without a lot of cleavage! :wink:

nvabill June 18th, 2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trip
Seeing some clips last week of massive cleavage displays at Anna Nicole's funeral:( I would say a cruise is the perfect place;)

I couldn't agree more Trip! 8)

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/g...3459/64068.jpg