Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Styles At Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Styles At Sea Discuss the Latest In Cruise Fashion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2007, 07:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Crocs, Cleo, and Flats!

Ok, Crocs lovers, these 2 styles interest me...Comments please from wearers of these styles, comfy? The flats look more slender,Yes? The Sassari style suits me too!

I think I could be a happy Croc wearer this summer in theses styles!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:59 AM
Yeoman

Desdemona could answer you ... but I believe she is taking a break.
[I have been, too, for the same reasons!]

I have the mary-jane Crocs, which are a lot like the ballet flats ... I say go for it.
I am about to buy a pair!

Not sure about the other one though ... I need to see them and try them on. They are wedge heels, aren't they?
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Admiral

Hi, Des and I have emailed, and I hope her break will be over soon. Nice to se you posting

Croc.com shows all these styles, and allow you to click on to see your selection, in the color you want..

I need to find a store to try them..but they sure are cute!

Old May 11th, 2007, 09:22 AM
Yeoman

Des and I were on a roll call together for a cruise last year.
She and I are of a like mind when it comes to some issues.
[Also big HAL fans!]

I have to try on any new Crocs styles, as not all Crocs are created equal!
In other words, the company has its shoes/sandals manufactured in different places. Some of the Cayman style Crocs are made in China, some in Colorado, some in Canada. Those fit me fine. But the ones they make in Mexico are too big in my size!

So after ordering 2 pair from their Web site and having to return them, I learned that for me the best thing is to try them on at a store first!

Not all stores that carry Crocs carry all the various styles.
Old May 13th, 2007, 03:37 PM
Passenger

I just bought a pair of the Cleos at Dicks Sporting Goods(I believe they are a chain) and I really like them. They look more like a regular sandal, not clunky looking at all. I got the black with the lavender sole, but other colors were available. I bought my regular size and they fit fine. The beach style doesn't fit my foot, the way they curve puts pressure on my third toe, but the next size up is too big. I tried on the Mary Janes and they seem to fit OK, but I didn't buy them, they didn't have them in a color I wanted. I would like to try the Caymans, but haven't been able to find a place around here that has them in stock so I can try them on. Anyway, I'm babbling, but I would try the Cleos, they are very comfy, I just came back from a mile walk with them on and my feet feel fine. 8)

Old May 14th, 2007, 03:51 PM
Yeoman

I got Caymans at West Marine.
Old June 18th, 2007, 04:40 PM
First Mate

Hi Trip! (and everyone)

I'm sticking my toe in the water and taking the temperature

The Cleo's are great! (now, what did you expect from me, regarding Crocs? ). Our Dillards aren't carrying them but I found them at another store in our mall. I haven't been to Dick's Sporting Goods yet but they had both the Cleo's and the Sassari's in their ad (the Dillard's here aren't carrying the Sassari's yet, either). I'm defintely trying to get some Sassari's but so far all I can find are pink, and that's a color I refuse to wear, even in crocs. Crocs website is also showing most of the sassari colors out of stock--they just can't keep up! And, I read in the WSJ that crocs has bought an italian shoe company and will be selling ladies boots, beginning in the fall, with leather uppers and crocs footbeds--a match made in heaven! I saw pictures of some of the styles and they're really cute. They have wedge soles/heels and really attractive uppers. Just what I need, more crocs....
Old June 18th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Admiral

DES, your piggie toes will be fine I hope

Thank for your info...this plantar faciitus I have is making me a bit shoe shy..but I did get a pair of polka dot ones today....

I saw an ad on tv, that shows Skechers[sp] has some cute ones now too..Ya know that bandwagon is gonna get full now

xoxoxoxo so happy to see your name again!

Old June 19th, 2007, 09:04 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip
DES, your piggie toes will be fine I hope

Thank for your info...this plantar faciitus I have is making me a bit shoe shy..but I did get a pair of polka dot ones today....

I saw an ad on tv, that shows Skechers[sp] has some cute ones now too..Ya know that bandwagon is gonna get full now

xoxoxoxo so happy to see your name again!
Hi Trip!

Thanks! You are a good person and a major reason why I'm back

I know that I have a bit of a (deserved) rep as a crocs fanatic, but my DH also has plantars faciitus and he swears his crocs are better for it than the orthotics he wears to work. I'm wearing my new Cleos today and everyone is AMAZED that they are crocs. (I'm ordering some of the scutes today online--can't find them in any stores around here!) I'm also jazzed because I read that new mary janes will be coming out in the fall with improved design to avoid slippage. They'll also be in some really good fall colors like deep plum and dark teal. My biggest problem now is trying to decide which ones go in the suitcases and which ones get left behind....
Thanks again for your steadying influence!
Des
Old June 19th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Yeoman

Desdemona,

I am sooo happy to see you back on the board. I am glad you've decided to be here. I have been on and off lately, but I am making a concerted effort to participate more!

Thanks, Trip, for being such an awesome moderator and for all your great contributions to this thread.

Des, I have pink Crocs -- they are Disney Crocs! I usually don't wear pink either, but there were limited colors for the Disney Crocs, and I just had to have a pair!

Nice to hear they are coming out with boots ... but we don't wear them too often in South Florida!
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:06 AM
First Mate

Thanks, fruitcake!

I've seen the pink Disney crocs--they're cute for other people! I have an aversion to pink from a childhood of being forced to wear it by my mother--professional help may be required. I do see that the Disney crocs also come in red/black--I could make those work!

No boots, eh? Aren't you Floridians always complaining about being cold? We laugh because when we're at WDW in Dec, we're wearing shorts or capris and tees and the Floridians are in hoodies or coats
Des
Old June 19th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Yeoman

I know Disney has red Crocs too, but they'd get mixed up with my red OHIO STATE UNIVERSITY Crocs.
:-)

The pink are fine with me for now. I think they also have white ... but what do you do after Labor Day?

People in Fla. get so used to the warm weather, we freeze when the temps go below 70!
You may laugh at us, but when we are out and about in the cooler weather [think 50s, 60s] and we see people in shorts and T's, we think "tourist."

You know, it may be in the 70s down here in South Florida in Oct., Nov., etc. but I almost never wear shorts or capris during those months.
Old June 21st, 2007, 10:00 PM
Admiral

I still think Crocs are the ugliest things to ever be sold, but I keep hearing how comfortable they are, especially my sister who suffers from plantar fascitis like me. So..... I am almost tempted to go out a find a PURPLE pair!

donna
Old June 22nd, 2007, 09:11 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollerdonna
I still think Crocs are the ugliest things to ever be sold, but I keep hearing how comfortable they are, especially my sister who suffers from plantar fascitis like me. So..... I am almost tempted to go out a find a PURPLE pair!

donna
Donna,
Have you seen all of their new styles? We're not just talking the *beach* model anymore! And, they all have the crocs orthotic footbed. I have people coming up to me at work often telling me they thought they'd never be caught dead in crocs until the new styles came out and now they have multiple pairs. Check them out at crocs.com.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Wish they would come out with some narrow ones. I've tried and tried, but all of them slide right off my foot when I try them on.
(Self-pity sigh)
Marty
Old July 15th, 2007, 10:35 PM
First Mate

My son and hubby thought they were the most UGLY shoes ever....and guess who now have a pair EACH....hahaha.....yep, they each have a pair.

I love mine, very comfy, not the most stylish looking but super comfy.

My hubby has quite wide feet and always has to buy New Balance shoes because of the width they come in, he loves his "crocs", and is plannin on taking them on our cruise in October.

Comet Cruiser
Gail

Old July 19th, 2007, 11:52 AM
First Mate

Default Sassari

Just got my new sassaris! One pair in the black/white combo and one pair in the brown/gold combo. I LOVE THEM! They are completely appropriate for office wear and they're going on the next cruise with me for the non-formal nights--I'm sure they're even fine for formal but I have a different pair of shoes for that.

I'm seriously considering the red/silver combo....stop me before I shop again!
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Yeoman

Haven't seen you in a while, Desdemona. I guess you've been out shoe shopping.
The Sassaris are cute. I saw some at Dillard's but they didn't have my size.
Old July 19th, 2007, 03:11 PM
First Mate

Hi Fruitcake!

Yep, shoe shopping, Coldwater creek online shopping, you name it....

I couldn't find sassaris in any store around here. Had to order them online. Crocs.com is also out of my size in the colors I wanted so I just had to google the name of the shoe and keep looking at online stores until I found them....can you tell that I was determined?
Old December 4th, 2007, 11:24 AM
Admiral

Default I'm a believer

I had not been able to find any Crocs that fit my narrow foot. Then, this past week, when we were in St. Thomas, I went into a shop that had the Clio's and low and behold, if I went a full size down from my usual, they fit!
Now, my feet swell on cruises, but I am in love with these shoes. I put them on the minute I got back on board the ship and wore them the rest of the cruise. I have fibromyalgia, among other problems and mega foot pain and it decreased quite a lot from wearing those.
Thanks to all of you for posting this kind of info. I doubt I would even have looked at those shoes if not for this great group.
Marty, the happier foot person
Old December 5th, 2007, 10:55 PM
Admiral

Good for you Marty, Glad to see you found something to help your tootsies:) This forum has so many helpful posts, and some funny stories....

Old January 2nd, 2008, 01:19 PM
Passenger

Default Sizes vary from country

The DW and i picked out a new pair of{chicago bears crocs} and in my size the ones made in mexico were at least a inch shorter than the ones i bought that were made in china,i e-mailed them but they never got back to me.So check where there made as the sizes vary from country.
Old January 11th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Sizes vary from country

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyhd
The DW and i picked out a new pair of{chicago bears crocs} and in my size the ones made in mexico were at least a inch shorter than the ones i bought that were made in china,i e-mailed them but they never got back to me.So check where there made as the sizes vary from country.
I can't wear the ones made in Mexico - they are too wide.
DH called Crocs and was told they have some quality control issues with their various manufacturing sites.
The ones made in China fit fine.
I just got a pair of New Enlgand Patriots logo Crocs!