Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Styles At Sea
Register Forgot Password?

Styles At Sea Discuss the Latest In Cruise Fashion.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 21st, 2009, 08:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to vi reynolds
Default Surgery scars. how conscious are you?

Okay, I start this topic because I had a c-section just about exactly six months ago. Okay, I'm European, and for what you guys in America (I'm in danger of becoming a NewYorkian! 0 you reckon that we would not care about scars etc (applaud!!!).

Also, I have been bigger since I got pregnant. I used to be size 8-10 (UK) I believe US (I live in NY now) is kind of 10 = 0; okay whatever that is I'm two up from pre-pregnancy. Not complaining because I would never exchange my baby for any figure in the world! but Ok, buying swimming wear...

I've gone for elegant, supporting, expensive, chic, swimmwear for the main one but I can't afford that for all. I also have a bikiny, retro style, covers my scar by several inchches and still sexy, just a thought if any other c-sec mums have any thoughts on that. I'm not going to wear a trinagle that shows the scar but then again, on a private beach., it would help for it to heal... What are your views.

Also, if this was very unsavoury because I talked about surgery, please do not read, move on! I believe about 25% of new mums in US had what I had in London so only hoping for style tips after 6 months!
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2009, 02:38 PM
Admiral

Pretend it isn't there. What people think of your scars reflects on them, not on you. Wear whatever bathing suits you enjoy.
Marty
Old June 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorcrazie
Pretend it isn't there. What people think of your scars reflects on them, not on you. Wear whatever bathing suits you enjoy.
Marty
You're such a good sport. I honestly shouldn't be that shallow. I should be grateful that I have a healthy baby and not be so vain!
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ourpassportstamps
Your c section is your reminder that you were able to have a child

I have 8 surgery scars on my abdomen from laporatomys and laproscopys because I will NEVER have a child due to stage 4 endometriosis that has invaded and overrun my reproductive tract

so instead of viewing it as poor you...

You need to look at it as ...I'm the lucky one and wear it as a badge of what it truly means!

and no I'm not self conscious.. I consider them a symbol of how far I've come physically and emotionally to pull myself out of each surgery and recover enough to be on another cruise!
I'm so selfish, am I? I mean it!!! Some friends incluind a sister in law you used to be a model (we're all from England) asked me why didn't I had a tummy tuck at the same time since I was having a c-sect any way??? Your story truly puts it in perspective and I may say I'm ashamed of having started this topic. All I was trying to achieve were tips for people on the same situation. To me, my son is a gift from God and I said that before. My husband spoils me rotten but that's a long story and he would pay for whatever I want, to feel better, but there is not point, is there? I treasure my scar too in that it gave life to my boy, Rowan. Dan, my husband, even finds it sexy, I was only asking about swimming gear but I can feel your pain, and I feel very selfish!!! xxx
Old July 10th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by vi reynolds
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourpassportstamps
Your c section is your reminder that you were able to have a child

I have 8 surgery scars on my abdomen from laporatomys and laproscopys because I will NEVER have a child due to stage 4 endometriosis that has invaded and overrun my reproductive tract

so instead of viewing it as poor you...

You need to look at it as ...I'm the lucky one and wear it as a badge of what it truly means!

and no I'm not self conscious.. I consider them a symbol of how far I've come physically and emotionally to pull myself out of each surgery and recover enough to be on another cruise!
I'm so selfish, am I? I mean it!!! Some friends incluind a sister in law you used to be a model (we're all from England) asked me why didn't I had a tummy tuck at the same time since I was having a c-sect any way??? Your story truly puts it in perspective and I may say I'm ashamed of having started this topic. All I was trying to achieve were tips for people on the same situation. To me, my son is a gift from God and I said that before. My husband spoils me rotten but that's a long story and he would pay for whatever I want, to feel better, but there is not point, is there? I treasure my scar too in that it gave life to my boy, Rowan. Dan, my husband, even finds it sexy, I was only asking about swimming gear but I can feel your pain, and I feel very selfish!!! xxx
Sorry,hun, I came across fairly aggressively and it wasn't my intention. Dan would spoil me yes, but he has reasons for that. Dan is not your average person. He's money, yes, but he's very insecure in many ways even if he's pretty much a high-flyier! Dan would pay for me to have wathever done, yes! but I've known Dan since I was 10! Dan cried when his boy, my boy was born! and as you said, I'm hugely lucky and priviledged to have my little boy who 100 years ago would have either been dead or I would have!

I'm terribly sorry to hear of your predicament but if you want to talk more, pm after the cruise. Sorry to rub my LO on your face but I cannot help it! xxx
Old June 2nd, 2014, 09:10 AM
Welcome Newcomer

i had so many accidents,which cause so many scares on my face , i really dont like when someone looks at me strangly,,
Old August 11th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I'm conscious but not too much!

I agree with colorcrazie, pretend you don't have them and find the best clothes or swimwear that enhances your features.