CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Styles At Sea (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/)
-   -   Robes on deck? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/369637-robes-deck.html)

DonD November 24th, 2009 09:25 PM

Robes on deck?

Is it just me or are more and more people wearing robes on deck?

lulu48 November 24th, 2009 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonD (Post 1259718)
Is it just me or are more and more people wearing robes on deck?

Must be you ;)
I think it looks tacky but that is just me

colorcrazie November 25th, 2009 04:06 PM

I wore mine a lot on our recent cruise because it was a lot cooler at night than I had packed for. Don't care if someone thinks I am tacky or not. I only smoke on deck at the aft end and if I'm cold, I so love that robe.
Marty

luv2cruiserccl February 10th, 2010 09:31 AM

i wear mine on my balcony but not in the public spaces

Surfguyxxx1 February 13th, 2012 05:14 PM

:-?I don't think I've ever work the cruise robes!

Lakers Fan February 13th, 2012 09:08 PM

On my last cruise people wore robes to the pool and tried to wear them in the MDR .

oceanbound22 March 30th, 2012 06:05 AM

Saw a lady walking around the ship in her pajamas. OMG ... tasteless

Lakers Fan March 30th, 2012 09:49 AM

Our post cruise shuttle bus driver told us that a couple on a cruise 2 years ago packed away all their clothes and had to leave the ship in their pajamas .

aerospace March 30th, 2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanbound22 (Post 1422531)

Bet your a load of fun onboard :rolleyes:

It's a vacation let loose, who cares what anyone else thinks!

Dhill March 31st, 2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oceanbound22 (Post 1422531)

How is it going to affect me in anyway if some is walking around in their pajamas? I dont care, I dont pay attention,and if they want to wake up and run to get a coffe or something in their P.Js whats the big deal.People need to lighten up and not worry so much about everyone else ;);)

anniegb March 31st, 2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhill (Post 1422714)
How is it going to affect me in anyway if some is walking around in their pajamas? I dont care, I dont pay attention,and if they want to wake up and run to get a coffe or something in their P.Js whats the big deal.People need to lighten up and not worry so much about everyone else ;);)

Dhill

I agree 100%.

Annie

Future Cruiser April 10th, 2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dhill (Post 1422714)
How is it going to affect me in anyway if some is walking around in their pajamas? I dont care, I dont pay attention,and if they want to wake up and run to get a coffee or something in their P.Js whats the big deal.People need to lighten up and not worry so much about everyone else

Ditto. It is nobody's job but the robe wearer to worry about when to wear his or her robe (or pajamas for that matter). Sometimes I wear my pajamas several hours after I get up in the morning, so why would I complain about someone else wearing pajamas?

I do have to say anyone trying to enter the MDR with only a swimuit and robe is stupid. If you don't know the basic rules about cruising, you don't belong on the ship.

Manuel April 10th, 2012 12:50 AM

Wearing a robe is OK. some people look better if they are covered up.

TM

Spartan kent April 10th, 2012 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry43 (Post 1415319)
On my last cruise people wore robes to the pool and tried to wear them in the MDR .

They should wear the black bath robe with bow tie rofl

crispinross May 11th, 2012 02:40 AM

Most of the time I like to wear them in my room, and I do not even think of to step out if I am into those outfits, unless if its an emergency.

Lakers Fan May 11th, 2012 10:27 AM

On our last cruise we wore the bathrobes to sleep in the last night .

BigMac July 9th, 2012 05:54 PM

I guess I am a tacky cruiser.
You should see what I wear to get my first cup of coffee:mrgreen: I must look hung over even though it is never the case.
Ugly slippers, cutoff sweats with uneven leg lengths and a t-shirt would get me to the coffee machine and back to my room.

snorklr45 July 9th, 2012 08:24 PM

While I have never worn the robe outside my room..It has come in handy when the cabin stewards come knocking on the door bugging me (on sea days when I want to sleep in) to clean my cabin...:x They make me feel like some kind of lazy louse for sleeping in!!!