CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Styles At Sea (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/)
-   -   Sale rack! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/styles-sea/383973-sale-rack.html)

Trip July 29th, 2011 11:54 AM

Sale rack!

With all the sales going on right now for summer clothes, do you take advantage to add to your cruise closet, even without a cruise booked?
All those shorts and tees, are hard to come by in January..brrrr!

Would you also buy something, you might not wear in your "real " life, that could work perfect on a cruise with people you'll never sea again?

Maybe a lower neckline, a loud color, a hawaiin, or crazy print shirt, that is just not you, but, "you" on a cruise?:) Hard to pass up some of these, take an extra 75% off tickets!

fun2cruiz July 29th, 2011 12:25 PM

While the deals are out there for certain, I am of the belief if it is not a currently "needed" item, it is money foolishly spent !

Lakers Fan July 29th, 2011 01:20 PM

I buy what I need always

Skipper's Mom August 1st, 2011 03:59 PM

I hit the sales racks today at Bealls. Got some wonderful deals for my TA cruise in October. Lucky me!

Moiraine August 1st, 2011 05:10 PM

I try to buy all of my stuff when it is on sale. As for buying stuff for a cruise I would not wear any other time, I don't. Yeah, I'm no fun.

mustang sally August 1st, 2011 07:10 PM

Trip, that is exactly what I do. Just picked up some clothes, that obviously I can wear now, but I am always thinking, this will be great for dinner on a cruise. I can't help it, I am always thinking about cruises. Even though I know I will be able to find clothes for my cruise in May, I am getting them on sale now.

Trip August 1st, 2011 07:13 PM

yay for you.....savings now, rather than full price next spring!

LisaK August 2nd, 2011 10:26 AM

yep, hit the sales racks for short, tees, sundress, swimsuits

Lakers Fan August 2nd, 2011 10:37 AM

Do you buy clothing on cruise ships ? I bought a tee shirt in Bermuda 2 weeks ago and after one washing it was ready to go top the garbage .I could have bought tee shirts with the HAL logo but my BDW said Noooooooooo.
I did buy tee's previously on HAL and they came out great in the wash .

Skipper's Mom August 2nd, 2011 03:29 PM

I have rarely seen a decent tee shirt in any tourist spot. They are all cheaply made in foreign countries (hence why they're cheap). Consider them disposable, unless you buy really pricey ones.

I like the free ones I get when I donate blood. They're Hanes and are very nice and keeps my husband in shirts. LOL!

colorcrazie September 14th, 2011 03:11 PM

I used to have a whole separate wardrobe specifically for cruising. Then, friends and relatives started sending me cruise clothes and accesories for birthdays and Christmas. But, they mostly thought of it in terms on the formal nights. Got to a point where I was packing for a 16 day cruise and realized I would need to on a 60 day cruise just to wear all of my stuff. Found good homes for most of it.
But, living in Florida, the more casual items are year round for us, so never have to worry about whether or not I'll use those shorts. Oddly, the stores down here still follow the seasons. Okay for the most part, especially for good sales, but don't even think of trying to find a bathing suit during November!!!
Marty

Trip September 14th, 2011 03:18 PM

Marty, I know, my Florida friends turn to darker clothes & longer sleeves. My gf said to me, we can spot a tourist or snowbird a mile away, by how they dress.

On our return in Fll one Jaunary, on the Golden, several years back, we could see our breath, and, as we entered the terminal, a worker, said Welcome to Alaska! When we left it was warm to hot. Another January, we saw people in leather and suede jackets, and boots.

It cost to much to overpack these days..I know I learned how to pack differently.

Donna September 15th, 2011 03:47 AM

Oh, I do remember that cruise, OMG, thank goodness we came from up north, so we had warm clothes to return. I have never cruised that time of year since...You just never know.

colorcrazie September 15th, 2011 03:59 PM

Yes, Florida weather can be very unpredictable in our version of winter. On a business trip to Orlando from Los Angeles (when I lived out there), I forgot and ended up having to go buy a jacket!! Not unusual here to go from needing A/C to wanting heat in a single week, but that is true many places. A few years ago, it was colder in Florida than it was in Anchorage!!
Marty

Donna September 15th, 2011 05:42 PM

Sounds like here in the Midwest, a few days ago, needed A/C on and then 2 days later, down in the low 40's and needed heat. In a few days, we'll be back at 80...