Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Practical Advice > Tech Support - Help using our Message Boards
Register Forgot Password?

Tech Support - Help using our Message Boards Click here for help in using our boards features.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 18th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Beginner

Default LOUSY INTERNET SERVICE ON PRINCESS

I recently returned from a Baltic Cruise on the Crown Princess-
Just about everything about the cruise was enjoyable

HOWEVER, DON'T BOTHER PURCHASING INTERNET SERVICE

They offer a 300 minute package for $55 which initially sounds great.
However, the service is so SLOOOOOW, that you would be lucky to view 300 webpages or about 1 page/minute. If the PC crashes during a long e-mail, you're required to re-log-in, re-type your e-mail and re-send it using up precious minutes. Don't bother requesting credit as they will not approve any.

THEY ALSO BLOCK NUMEROUS WEBSITES SUCH AS SKYPE.

LASTLY, DON'T BOTHER BRINGING YOUR OWN PC, AS THE SERVICE WILL EVEN BE SLOOOOOOWER.

It's a scam and a total rip-off and contacting Princess after the cruise was useless.

ps- Does anyone out there have e-mail addresses for Princess or Carnival mgm't??

Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Beginner

I'm glad that I am trolling the Boards. I've recently signed up for a round trip out of Fort Lauderdale (February 27) on the Pacific Princess. I've told that wireless charges will be 75 cents per minute or $55 for 100 minutes. In addition, I was about to buy an H/P mini note book (2 1/4 lbs vs my 8 lb Dell laptop). I am now reconsidering the purchase and just may bring the 8 lb'er! Thanx for the information. :evil: