Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Luisa

Default Best teen ships?

Last week I posted a message and was hoping to hear from some of you. I'm the family cruise editor here and I'm working on giving parents some advice about cruising with teens. I'd love to hear from you:
* What's your favorite cruise line? Favorite ships? Why?
* Where do you like to cruise the best: Caribbean, Bahamas, Alaska, etc?
* What do you like about youth programs at sea? Why?
* Does it matter to you if there is or isn't a dedicated teen room or teen disco?
* Any fun activities you've done when you're in port?

Thanks for your help. I hope to hear from as many of you as possible SOON!
Smooth sailing!
Luisa
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2002, 10:06 PM
Surferhunnay

Default Re: Best teen ships?

to tell you the truth i just got back from Explorer of the seas during the winter vacation..there was talk that there was 800 kids under the age of 18 on that boat, and indeed there was..it wasnt a bad thing, cause you hardly saw anyone , because of the size of that ship..
my family goes on 2-3 cruises a year..2 with the whole family and 1 just my parents...i have to say i have been cruising since i was 10 and have been on a total of 14 cruises to date..and I'd have to say...the most fun i had was on EXPLORER OF THE SEAS..but to tell you the truth , its all about the time you go..if you go on a cruise when alot of children have off from school, then you have a better chance of alot more kids on board to have fun with ...( I have to say..Princess cruise line had much better serivce..with an amazing crew, where as on my last royal caribean trip..the sevice was some what of a let down...)

i totally reconmmend if you looking for a time for a "teenager" to have fun on board..definitly go during December of Febuary break...Spring break (march-april..) i dont think would have a big turn out, im speaking for myself here, but im going on vacation with just my friends to bahamas and to go on a cruise with friends you would need an adult 25 yrs old..so i dont think there would be such a large turn out as there was in Febuary...
Old March 19th, 2002, 09:19 AM
Luisa Frey Gaynor

Default TO: Surferhunnay

Thanks for your response. Glad to hear you love cruising...so does my eight-year-old daughter! Any chance you could give me a few more details as to why you liked the Explorer so much? Was it all the unique facilities? (ice skating, rock climbing, etc.) What are some of the things you liked on other favorite cruises you've been on? How was the Explorer's youth program? I'd appreciate any details you can give me.
Thanks again for your time!
Smooth sailing!
Luisa Frey Gaynor
Family Cruise Editor
Old March 19th, 2002, 08:02 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Best teen ships?

Glad to hear that you won't be on a cruise on spring break! This is your 1st post on this message board that you haven't been slamming others!!!! This is the kinda post surferhunnay has been writing................
"you shouldnt post that picture! arent you ashamed of it?" "well since your going, theres no way in hell you will see me there!" "who would want to meet a loser like you, promoting yourself on a message board!..can u say...LOSER...with a capital L!!"
"EW , seriously, How do you people look in the mirror that pic is scary!!!"
No ship is BIG enough for someone who is that NEGATIVE!
Old March 19th, 2002, 09:20 PM
Surferhunnay

Default Re: TO: Surferhunnay

actaully i have a brother that is 10 , he had a great time on explorer..the ice rink , and rock climbing, along with the basketball court..and the mini golf...definitly made this one of the more enjoyable ships..i hardly saw my brother..which was because i had rather busy days ..as did he..he made friends that he still talks to , infact one lives a few towns over here on long island..
If your a teenager..the youth program is what you want it to be, thats all i can say..if you go and participate , its fun...if your a lazy and think that you can only make friends by standing around being "non-social" then your not going to have a good trip...

but when i was younger it was different...its easy to have fun when your younger cause you kind of click..right away with people...so i think that an 8 year old would have a FABULOUS TIME!
Old March 24th, 2002, 04:29 PM
Passenger

well I just came back from my very first cruise this week. Im 14 and came back from the Disney Wonder cruise. I had the time of my life. I loved the special area just for teens and the teen-only activities! The next time I want to go on a cruise I would look for 10 a place for teens only.(have teen stuff) 2) have a bunch of teen only activites that are fun. 3) have cool things around the ship for teens like basketball courts and arcades! If the cruise had that (Disney Wonder did) then I would die to go on it.
Old April 25th, 2002, 03:00 PM
CruiZiN CuTiE

Not Victory-

There is way more for teens to do on Royal Caribbeans Explorer, Voyager, and Adventure of the Seas.

All the kids were either a million 10 yr olds, or all 18 or college on carnival victory.

if ur 18 and in college carnival victory is a great ship!