Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 21st, 2002, 07:26 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to SummerBlonde05 Send a message via MSN to SummerBlonde05 Send a message via Yahoo to SummerBlonde05
Default Clothes

What do you wear to a disco or a formal dinner anyway? I was reading online about the formal dinner and ppl say not to wear long dresses and I'm like what? Long dresses are whats formal so I'm not sure, if anyone could help me out!

Old May 21st, 2002, 08:18 PM
!~CruiZin CuTie~!

Default Re: Clothes

Hey! Okay, Formal Nights (there are usually 2....please wear a short or long homecoming/prom dress. There were ppl on my cruise who wore like hawaiian sundresses and sandals....let me tell you it didnt look all that nice. What cruise line are u on...i can tell u which cruise lines are most dressy if you want.

As for the disco...i wore like cute low rise jeans, black pants, capris of any kind. I wore like tube tobs, clubbish clothes (like assorted tanks). I wouldnt wear shorts...no1 really wore that. You could even wear a skirt if u wanted. But for clubbing, im not one to wear like polo shorts and khakis! I wore something nice for dinner, and the changed to go to the club after dinner!

Hope that helps...

P.S. Alot of stuff that you can get at EXPRESS would be perfect for the disco club!
Old June 2nd, 2002, 01:25 PM
~Jill~

Default Re: Re: Clothes

Hey!
For your cruise there will 2 formal nights...The first will be more fancy than the second most likley. The first i wore a long black dress with sparkles on it...an old prom dress works perfect..For the Second i wore a short dress but you could wear a long or short dress. For disco clothes I usually wore jeans or black pants with halter tops or tank tops and thats what most people had on. No one really wore shorts in the disco...Well I hope i helped have fun on your cruise!
Old June 23rd, 2002, 11:27 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Clothes

For the formal nights I wear long dresses, old homecoming or prom dresses can be worn, but you don't need to be quite that fancy. For disco I would wear club clothes. I wouldn't suggest shorts. I usually changed everyday after dinner. It really helps if you go out during the day, come back and change for dinner, then right after dinner go to your cabin and change and then go out and do what you want.