Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2003, 07:12 PM
smathek

Default fashion for teen cruisers, what's the best thing to wear?

wonderin what the most popular clothes for teens are during a cruise both guys and girls?

1. Shirts (Hawaiian, Quicksilver, Bong, bikini tops, etc)
2. Shorts (Boarder Shorts, tight short shorts, etc)
3. Shoes (Sandals, White adidas, etc.)

Post your opinion!
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2003, 11:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: fashion for teen cruisers, what's the best thing to wear

i think that no one has replied cause they have no clue what you are talking about! change the ? to something like "what is cool to wear on a cruise"
Old March 15th, 2003, 02:04 PM
x

whatever you feel comfortable in. if you're not comfortable, it shows. people can tell.
Old March 17th, 2003, 10:13 PM
Cynthia

I agree with x. whatever u wanna wear u should wear, dont worry about what people think about you.
Old March 19th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Dorothy Fritz

I agree with the other posts that you should wear what you are most comfortable with. My daughter decided she wanted to dress according to the theme dinners for the evening so she had a cute caribbean style sundress for caribbean night and she wore a black and red pantsuit for Italian night. She had a long skirt with lizards all over it that she wore on Mexican night, etc. During the day she wore tank tops and shorts. She doesn't care for the short shorts so she wore standard length jean shorts for the most part and t-shirts and capri's for port days. Flip flops and tennis shoes finished off the attire. The other teens on the ship wore everything and anything. We didn't notice any one thing being the on the To Wear List.
Old March 21st, 2003, 10:42 AM
Big pimpin

Default Re: Re: fashion for teen cruisers, what's the best thing to

Or wearing nothing works also
Old March 21st, 2003, 01:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: fashion for teen cruisers, what's the best thing

Big pimpin, your comment was so funny and clever! I am seriously considering not bringing any clothes on my cruise.
Old March 21st, 2003, 02:03 PM
luv2be@sea

wear what you would wear to school! Mostly every teen dresses alike! Youll fit in just fine
Old March 23rd, 2003, 10:47 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: fashion for teen cruisers, what's the best thing

Lol! I have to wear a uniform to school! that wouldn't be good.
Old March 25th, 2003, 09:12 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: fashion for teen cruisers, what's the best t

I'm in uniforms too. I have been since 6th and will be till 12th
Old March 25th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to MattADL

think about it for a minute, its gonna be freakin hot and sunny, what do you think you should wear, jeans and coats?
Old March 26th, 2003, 07:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

I guess it is all just a matter of preferences. I mean I just got back from the Carnival Conquest, and most people were wearing dressy clothes, but i was always happier in my shorts and tank top. To dinner though, make sure to dress up, because it looks really trashy when you show up to dinner in a sweatshirt.
Also, it gets really hot sometimes, and really cold like inside other times, so i mean bring a lot of varities of clothing! Just have fun, i mean don't fall into trends, but wear what you like.
Sara
Old August 3rd, 2003, 11:01 AM
Ya

For Girls...
1. Tube Top & Halter Top ( I found those at Banana Republic)
2. Shorts (Roxey has good ones!)
3. Light color linen drew string pants
4. Flip flops!
I'm not sure about for the formal night...Does somebody know cool out look for the formal dinner?
Old August 3rd, 2003, 01:16 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CarnivalCruiserA Send a message via MSN to CarnivalCruiserA

Yea, wear pretty much something that you will feel comfortable in... and yet in style! It's gonna be really hot in the carribbean so don't bring jeans! I saw like 20 people on our cruise in jeans... and in the dining room.... did look trashy. And half the day of all the days on our cruise I was in my swimsuit, from being at the pool laying out and doing beach excursions at our ports of call! Hope that helps!
Old August 8th, 2003, 02:17 PM
Emsworth

I think you all need to start caring more about real world issues than about the most current fashion trends. Animals and humans are suffering everyday and what to wear on the first day of school for example is your biggest problem? No one, even I, don't have a clue what it's like to be lucky to have even one pair of pants, no, for us our dilemma is which ones we decide to wear. big deal! And as for animals, just do a little research on how we get the leather or the feathers or the fur. It's dusgusting! Next time you are considering buying something made from those materials, think about how painful the animal's deaths were! There are plenty of other options in faux-fur. Well, i'm done.. anyone have any questions? My email is eMeLe2468@hotmail.com... thanks and please take this into consideration!
Old August 8th, 2003, 02:22 PM
countrychick_1018

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH WONDERING WHAT YOU PLAN TO WEAR WHERE EVER YOU GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 8th, 2003, 03:08 PM
clarissa

so what if it's a concern these days as to what you wear each day. hello it's 2003! people use to care about stuff but now everyone just cares about appearance and how they look in front of other people
Old August 8th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Danp

I agree on both sides... It is important to care about the enviorment, but "apperance" is important also. As for whats cool - what ever is comfortable for you! I go to a private school, and when we arent in school, what cloths my friends wear dosent really matter to me, I couldent tell you were the girls get their cloths, Target or AE, maybe its because its not top proirity. My good friend is kinda popular, and he dosent even always wear brand name cloths, its all in the person, if ya know what I mean!
Old August 9th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

I think its good for people to be concerned about what to wear. Most of my friends care about what they wear and what others do. I am the same way. I guess when i get out into the real world and have to support my love of clothes, i may not care as much about wearing the latest things..... But as of now, i'm pretty up to date and concerned of my personal appearance. But seriously, i hate people who go out and dress like they dont give a freak about what others think!! I mean, i do have to look at those people who are pure eye sores. It can not be comfortable to have your pants down past your butt! Who wants to look at someones boxers because they like to wear their jeans half way down their leg. I think more people should be concerned about their appearance and the world would be a better place.

Rob
Old August 10th, 2003, 11:57 AM
FortuneCookie121

I suggest wearing whatever you want, and what makes you comfortable. On my cruises, I live in flipflops and a bathing suit with shorts and a t-shirt over it.
Old August 28th, 2003, 10:22 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Xionwave

AAAAAAAGH. I 100% have nowt to wear! Living in 'sunny' england i have only winter style clothing. I have just got 200 off my foster carer to buy some cruise clothes, but it isn't enough! i bought mostly t-shirts (Quiksilver etc) Shorts (Hawaiian prints [they're really kool]) And sandles! like the majority say, wearing what you feel comfortable in suits you. Something could suit one guy thing and could look pathatic on another guy, if you like it, everyone else will too

Xion
Ryan
15/02/04

Old September 6th, 2003, 05:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

wat is "too" formal for the formal nights in the dining room on Carnival Triumph? i have a long, a-line prom dress by Jessica McClintock, is this too fancy?
Old October 16th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

u can wear those thinsg it u like 2 wear those things n if u have dem dont just go out in buy them n also some peeps r ghetto or skater n **** n u only told for wat prep peeps woudl wear
Old October 16th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CreekChic128

when i went on the fascination over the summer, my friend and i brought a ton of clothes for a 3 night cruise. we brought sun dresses to walk around in in the morning and wear over our bathing suits (can't forget those!) and lots of soffee shorts and tank tops. bring a couple choices for the formal night just in case. on the 'casual' nights we tended to dress up a little more just because it's fun. there are always a handful of people who dress up on formal nights, so if you want to, don't be scared. don't forget to bring clothes to wear after dinner. we opted for jean skirts and tube tops, jeans and halter tops ... stuff that looked good but was still comfy. i personally don't think you can over pack for a cruise. hope this helps!

Carnival Sensation!
Old October 16th, 2003, 08:57 PM
pinecone

i agree with most of you. It is extremely important to spend much time thinking and planning what clothes to wear. I mean, what else could be more important? How you look and what others think about you is of the upmost importance. Don't be swayed by others' opinions. Keep the focus on yourself and how your appearance. You are only young once. Before you know it, you will no longer get the looks from the "others" as you do now. So live it up! By the time you are 30 you will be old and fat an no one will give you the time of day or care how you are dressed. Nothing matters but clothes, hair, makeup and maintaining a size 2 body.
Old October 17th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Passenger

"Nothing matters but clothes, hair, makeup and maintaining a size 2 body."

I'm not trying to be mean or anything here but... when people say things about "nothing matters but maintaing a size 2 body" that's the kind of stuff that causes soo many eating disorders and those kind of problems in the world today. Some people can not help if they are not a size 2 or whatever. Yes some people can help that they are bigger but others can't. I was just saying that that statement could really mess with some young girl's head because all they think about is being the "perfect" size.

I really wasn't trying to be mean...it's just that something like that could really offend someone.
Sorry!
Old October 29th, 2003, 11:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Think again Pinecone!

My Mom is 37 and NO she is not a size 2. After all she has had 3 kids. But, she does look great! She isn't fat but not anorexic size 2 either. As far as no one will give you the time of day after 30 because you are old and fat.....my guy friends are forever tellling me how pretty and cool my mom is. And yes she still cares about her appearance, ie. makeup, clothes and hair.
Old October 29th, 2003, 04:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

I will give my opinion on this one...

I really dont care how other people dress-
Basically, if someone wears brand name clothes it dosent make me wanna hang out with them more! If you are cool, and a nice person to hang out, but arent wearing the leading brands it dosent mean that im going to blow you off! Some of the most friendly people that I have met arent fasion freeks, or even the best looking people.

I wear uniforms to my school and some people hate them. But whenever we have a dress down day, it feels really weird, like your being judged even more. (Not that I have anything to worry about.) But for some of the teens who can afford "nice" clothes it can make them feel out of place.

So basically, wear what fits you!

Post Edited (10-30-03 17:59)

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host