Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 18th, 2003, 11:35 AM
Passenger

Default HUGE NEW RCCL SHIP

"Royal Caribbean International is drawing up plans for a 160,000-ton "Ultra-Voyager" class vessel scheduled for delivery in 2006. While a firm order has not been placed with the ship yard, RCI says it is working on the design for the 3,600-passenger ship which will be 15% larger than the Voyager-class vessels (Voyager/Explorer/Adventurer of the Seas) the company presently operates. "

sensation 3/01
norway 6/01
paradise 8/01
spirit 11/01
norway 3/02
victory 6/02
destiny 7/02
pride 11/02
inspiration 12/02
navigator 2/03
grand princess 4/03
triumph 5/03
mariner 11/03
Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2003, 05:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: HUGE NEW RCCL SHIP

WOW! And I thought the other ships were big. Whatever, I was content with the Rhapsody.
Old June 18th, 2003, 09:46 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne

Not surprising news at all. From multiple forums, there are rumors that RCI has a mega-voager design in store. I guess they finally decide to build one. qkslvr221, the designing stages is actually completed. RCI is waiting for the EURO and USD exchange to favor them. I think the latest they have to sign the deal to actually build them will be December 2003. Anyways, thanks for letting other Teen Cruisers know.

P.S. Anyone got any ideas how she might look?
Old June 18th, 2003, 10:05 PM
Danp

hopefully a little different then the original voyager... maybe a mix or the voyager and radiace class??? wonder what carnival has in stock for this?
Old June 19th, 2003, 02:46 AM
jake h

hey are you are teen? how did you like the Grand Princess...I am going on it August 10th.
Old June 19th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: HUGE NEW RCCL SHIP

"wonder what carnival has in stock for this?"

There are rumors that Carnival has a 200,000+ tons ship on the paper. I doubt Carnival will build their design soon because there is not enough demand from the cruise market to fill such a big ship. Plus, Carnival has many post-panamax ships(ships that cannot fit through Panama Canal) that it is not necessary for them to build more. The more big ships a cruise line builds, the less flexiblity they can move their fleet around. It would be interesting though to see what others have in respond to "Ultra-Voyager".
Old June 19th, 2003, 09:25 PM
Beginner

Carnival already has plans to overide the current Voyager-Class of ships from RCCL. When they acquired Cunard Cruise Lines they acquired their plan to build the Queen Mary 2, which will weigh in at 150,000 Gross Tons.

To maintain the title of "World's Largest Cruise Ship" RCCL only has things put down on paper but for now their reign as having the largest cruise ship afloat is about to sink to the bottom of the ocean with Cunard's Queen Mary 2, which is owned by Carnival Cruise Lines.

This is how Carnival plans to beat RCCL at their own game, but many speculate that the Queen Mary 2 will succeed in size but fail in profit due to the itineraries it will run (Mostly Transatlantic). Everyone knows that 3,000 passengers on this ship would not want to be on the biggest ship in the world in the middle of the ocean for 6 days without seeing land, and that you can't fill it to capacity year - round.
Old June 19th, 2003, 10:10 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: HUGE NEW RCCL SHIP

"Carnival already has plans to overide the current Voyager-Class of ships from RCCL. When they acquired Cunard Cruise Lines they acquired their plan to build the Queen Mary 2, which will weigh in at 150,000 Gross Tons."

Actually, the "Queen Mary Project"(which became QM2) was a Carnival decision. Cunard was money-strapped and did not have the money to build new, better ships. Speculations have it that the QM2 design was an altered of a new class of ships Carnival was going to announce.

"but many speculate that the Queen Mary 2 will succeed in size but fail in profit due to the itineraries it will run (Mostly Transatlantic). Everyone knows that 3,000 passengers on this ship would not want to be on the biggest ship in the world in the middle of the ocean for 6 days without seeing land, and that you can't fill it to capacity year - round."

People that go on TransAtlantic cruises goes for relaxation, NOT land exploration. QE2 is sucessful, but will QM2? Maybe. Only time will tell. Since QM2 will replace Qe2, I heard that QM2 will also do regular cruises. QE2 will move to British market. You are right that Cunard might not fill all 3,000 berths, but with the spotlight it has gotten, she will fill up fast the first few years. The Voyager-class vessels are still operating at full capacity, so if Cunard can do lure their customers back, why won't she operate at full capacity?

Post Edited (06-19-03 22:10)
Old June 23rd, 2003, 10:41 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to amercncliche Send a message via MSN to amercncliche
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: HUGE NEW RCCL SHIP

how the crap do you guys know all this stuff? oh well... i am so on that boat!

voyager of the seas - march 11-18, 2001
grand princess - august 18-25, 2002
explorer of the seas - august 23-30, 2003 *anyone coming?*
www.focs.com - www.officialfilter.com
Old June 29th, 2003, 08:51 PM
sefedf

That would be ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS not ADVENTURER OF THE SEAS. And, the current class also consists of Navigator of the Seas, and the soon to come Mariner of the Seas.
Old June 29th, 2003, 09:04 PM
Adam Francis

Last Spring, I met with Richard Fain, the Chairman and CEO of Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited. I am 14 and actively involved in the cruise industry. I asked him if he envisions ships getting any bigger. He said that besides the QM2, it is hard to make them larger. This is because of fire regulations regarding the cabins. Making a ship longer would also mean making it wider, and that width needs to be filled with something. There is a law regulating the length of the cabins from the water (I forgot exactly what it was). Whatever this law is, he said that it is hard to make ships any larger. It is simply not conceivable to envision a 200,000 tonnes + ship. It would not fit into many desirable ports. RCI simply has to add on 20,000 tonnes to maintain the title of "world's largest cruise ship". Also, think of how much larger 20,000 tonnes really is. It is like comparing a "Vision-class" vessel to a "Radiance-class" vessel. Although the size difference is noticeable, it is not huge. Anyways, the QM2 is an ocean liner in my opinion (just look at the shape of the hull).

Adam

Galaxy- 7/98
Zenith- 7/99
Rhapsody of the Seas- 12/99
Voyager of the Seas- 8/00
Millennium- 6/01
Radiance of the Seas- 10/01
Explorer of the Seas- 12/01
Millennium- 4/02
Constellation- 6/02
Summit- 8/02
Radiance of the Seas- 8/02
Norwegian Star- 11/02
Norwegian Dawn- 12/02
Infinity- 4/03
Radisson Seven Seas Voyager (the finest ship at sea)- 6/03
Old June 29th, 2003, 09:17 PM
Passenger

i just cut and pasted the article off of the front page of this website

sensation 3/01
norway 6/01
paradise 8/01
spirit 11/01
norway 3/02
victory 6/02
destiny 7/02
pride 11/02
inspiration 12/02
navigator 2/03
grand princess 4/03
triumph 5/03
mariner 11/03
Old July 2nd, 2003, 09:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to volcomsurfer724

Hey qkslvr where did you get that article..did it have any pics with it
is it the masa yards website??
Old July 2nd, 2003, 10:00 PM
Yeoman

If you search around, there are many articles dealing with the "Ultra-Voyager". I don't think they have (or would) show any concept pictures yet sicne they just announced they are designing something. I am thinking it will just be an enlarge version of the Voyager-class ships.
Old July 2nd, 2003, 10:02 PM
Yeoman

Hey Adam, how did you get to meet Richard Fain? I know quiet well about the cruise industry and always want to meet some executives.
Old July 3rd, 2003, 12:57 PM
Adam Francis

Default Re: Re: Re: HUGE NEW RCCL SHIP

Wayne,
I was at a cruise fair, and I met a key account manager for CA/AZ. I simply asked her, and she set it up. I met him and toured the corporate office before a Caribbean cruise from Miami. I have been very loyal to their company, and I sell many cruises for them. My family also stays in the finest suites onboard their ships, so that helped as well.

Adam Francis

Celebrity Galaxy- 7/98
Celebrity Zenith- 7/99
Rhapsody of the Seas- 12/99
Voyager of the Seas- 8/00
Celebrity Millennium- 6/01
Radiance of the Seas- 10/01
Explorer of the Seas- 12/01
Celebrity Millennium- 4/02
Celebrity Constellation- 6/02
Celebrity Summit- 8/02
Radiance of the Seas- 8/02
Norwegian Star- 11/02
Norwegian Dawn- 12/02
Celebrity Infinity- 4/03
Radisson Seven Seas Voyager- 6/03
Crystal Serenity- 8/03
Serenade of the Seas- 11/03
Mariner of the Seas- 12/03
Queen Mary II- 6/04
Old July 3rd, 2003, 02:37 PM
cruisinqt

you;re 14 years old and you sold RCCL cruise tickets..now how is that possible..or do u mean you spread their business by word of mouth, there's a clear difference