Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2003, 09:22 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob
Default Mariner of the Seas, or Carnival Glory

Hey, my parents told me today we needed to book our summer cruise 2004 (Dont ask why soo early). Anyways they want to leave from port canaveral so its between Mariner of the Seas, or Carnival Glory. I dont really know bc they havent been released yet, but which would you choose? I think i prefer Carnival Glory bc ive been on 3 carnival, and love the fun, laid back feel. Is Royal Caribbean stuck up? He said the cost is pretty much the same for a balcony cabin, cat 8C on carnival, and cat E1 on RCCL. Which room is better? on carnival, its right below lido which is cool. anywyas, any advice??? Thanks

Rob
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2003, 01:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Mariner of the Seas, or Carnival Glory

the RCCL megaships have much more to offer than carnivals larger ships do. I'd definitely pick the mariner over the glory (i also had the choice and picked mariner and am going on it during thanksgiving this year). I have just had so many great experiences aboard RCCLs voyager class ships. One of the greater advantages on the mariner is that it has the same layout as the navigator (which basically includes MUCH larger teen facilities and arcade. One of my favorite features on RCCL is johnny rockets(its a completely free burger joint open almost 24/7 and serve some of the best burgers, chili fries ,and shakes ive ever had). Overall the food, teen program, and the facilities are so much better on RCCL. I also have some teen activity schedules from the navigator(to give you an idea of what the teen activities are in the 15-17 age group) that i can scan and send to you.

sensation 3/01
norway 6/01
paradise 8/01
spirit 11/01
norway 3/02
victory 6/02
destiny 7/02
pride 11/02
inspiration 12/02
navigator 2/03
grand princess 4/03
triumph 5/03
mariner 11/03
Old July 7th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Yeoman

Thanks, do you know about the rooms? I know all of carnivals rooms are the same size, with the exception of suites, but how about category E1 of the Mariner. Is that a good size? It said they both have balonies....

Rob
Old July 7th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Mariner of the Seas, or Carnival Glory

i would choose royal carribean, overall i think its a nicer cruise line. i was on it before and we met some other people who were traveling the same as us but on carnival and it seemed like they had more complaints. i was on the nordic empress so its one of their smaller ships, but it had tons of teens and it was really fun.
Old July 7th, 2003, 05:10 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to taz60451

Mariners room is tiny like most RCCL rooms but go on it anyways! Its not stuck up but its certainly upscale and sophisticated. The carnival room is really big but who cares!
Old July 7th, 2003, 09:35 PM
oceaneyes

I would definitly go for the Mariner. They have much better teen activities and facilities. I wouldnt really worry about how big the room is bc I mean really how much time do u spend in your room????
Old July 7th, 2003, 09:57 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne

Rob,

It all depends on you. If you want to try a "party" atmosphere, I think the GLORY will be better. If you are more into outdoor activities, go for MARINER. Also, if you have been on a Voyager-class ship, try the CONQUEST-class(CARNIVAL CONQUEST, GLORY) for a change.
Old July 7th, 2003, 11:41 PM
VolcomGirl355

yup i agree with the rest....mariner it is! those boats r awesome!!! I rly like rccl better then carnival 2......tons a fun!
Old July 8th, 2003, 12:38 PM
Yeoman

Hey, thanks for everyones input. I think i may stick with the Glory. It will be my 4th carnival cruise, and every Carnival cruise we've been on has been awesome. I'm more of a party person, not an outdoor one, and the mariner is almost too big. Plus, I like the atmosphere on Carnival. I honestly dont think I would use the rock climbing wall, or ice skating rink anyways. I dont know how stuck up Royal Caribbean will be, and i would rather spend my vacation with laid back people that arent concerned with money. I think the carnival crowd is more of the type I would like to spend a week with. Plus the Mariner is soo big, i wouldnt be able to find my way around. Thanks a lot for everyones opinion, and maybe I'll go on the Mariner in a few years, but for now, i think its the Carnival Glory.

Thanks again
Rob
Old July 8th, 2003, 11:18 PM
oceaneyes

Rob I would have to disagree with you. I have been on both and I really dont think that the voyager class ships are too big. At first thats what I thought untill I got on it and realized how cool it was. You dont have to go ice skating or rock climbing to enjoy the ship. They have a really large teen area with a back deck, a dance club and a lounge. As for the whole money thing, some people do have money on the ship some like me dont lol but on rccl they arent all snobby like your thinking. I've asked many people who have been on both what they thought and 9 out of 10 of them liked rccl better than carnival. Yet the choice is up to you. I hope you have fun with whatever you decide to do in the end.
Old July 9th, 2003, 10:57 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to volcomsurfer724
Default Re: Re: Re: Mariner of the Seas, or Carnival Glory

I would definatley do the Mariner..Especially if you have already been on some Carnival cruises you should try Royal Caribbean!! I was on the Voyager the sister ship and it was awesome
Old July 11th, 2003, 02:16 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Mariner of the Seas, or Carnival Glory

if you think that RCCL has as much of a party atmosphere, you are completely wrong. carnivals teen discos only go from 9:30-10:45 pm , and are in my opinion horrible.they are held in the adult disco room , and any adults can just walk in at any time. on the mariner however, there is almost half an entire deck of teen rooms, arcade games, and teen tanning decks. the teen disco runs from about 11:00pm-2:00am usually. they actually play good music and do games during the disco unlike carnival. The living room is mariners exclusive teen lounge open 24/7 with plasma tvs, foosball tables, a bar, and lots of games. The arcade on mariner is also about twice the size as the largest carnival has to offer(the pride, spirit and conquest) i have been on many carnival cruises and none of them measure up to RCCLs megaships. one more thing, rccl is not stuck up at all.

sensation 3/01
norway 6/01
paradise 8/01
spirit 11/01
norway 3/02
victory 6/02
destiny 7/02
pride 11/02
inspiration 12/02
navigator 2/03
grand princess 4/03
triumph 5/03
mariner 11/03
Old July 11th, 2003, 09:36 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mariner of the Seas, or Carnival Glory

Qkslvr221, in general I think Carnival has a more "party" atmosphere. The GLORY, along with the CONQUEST are an extended version of the DESTINY-class(DESTINY, VICTORY, TRIMPH) and there is a "teen-only" dance club. Carnival has continued the concept as on the CONQUEST by putting it right on the main promenade and making it look very much like an adult facility. The Carnival Glory version is called Ultra Violet's, continuing the color theme. Exactly the size comparison of the VOYAGER-class and the CONQUEST-class' teen dance club I am not sure, but definately different experience than on your TRIMPH cruise .

Post Edited (07-11-03 21:41)
Old July 11th, 2003, 09:58 PM
Danp

If I had the choice, Glory... I like its style -party...