Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2003, 11:26 AM
jacqui

Default depression after cruise

im going through like depression casue im missing everyone so much from my cruise i was just on a few wweeks ago how can i get over it but still remember them please help!
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2003, 01:15 PM
Danp

Default Re: depression after cruise

try and get yur parents to go on another one!
Old July 25th, 2003, 05:06 PM
CruzinTeen

I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way and want to go back really bad but there is nothing u can do but call them on the phone.
Old July 26th, 2003, 06:25 AM
jacqui

Default Re: Re: depression after cruise

i would call them but the only problem is alot of them live on the other side of the world and than it would cost alot of money if i did call this is so hard trying to get over my sadness
Old July 26th, 2003, 05:19 PM
lyndsy84

Default STAY IN TOUCH!!!

It's as easy as that. My best cruise so far was April 2001. I met teh awesomest group, and we're still in touch today. We email eachother pics, sometimes talk on the phone, and we email and use AOL/MSN messengers to frequently communicate. Two ppl even stayed bf/gf up until a few months ago. When passing through states, I'll try my best to meet up with them in the afternoon. I know exactly what ur going thru. My bf from that cruise died last September, and it made me have a kinda depression. But by keeping in touch with everyone, it was sort of a group therapy. Bottom line: keep calling/emailing them.
Old July 27th, 2003, 02:49 PM
jacqui

Default Re: STAY IN TOUCH!!!

oh im am so sorry to hear about your bf dieing that must be very sad i know i would stil be very sad but anyway i am keeping in touch with them but i mean i know after in a month or so we will stop or well talk less and less specially the people who live across the world please help i nee d more advice and how can i convince my parents to let me see them again?
Old July 27th, 2003, 08:57 PM
Passenger

i know exactly what u all mean! i just got back from a cruise 2 days ago.
Old July 27th, 2003, 09:08 PM
Yourmom

Default Re: Re: STAY IN TOUCH!!!

You are all nuts. World hunger and war are reasons to get depressed. Missing people you spent a week together with on a cruise vacation is not. Get ahold of yourselves dammit.
Old July 27th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Passenger

Actually we do have a reason to be depressed, especially if we got very close to some1 and had2 leave them...trust me... i know how it feels. I really dont think you have the right to tell ANYONE whether to be depressed or not. If you decide to let war and world hunger depress you , then thats ur problem...

sensation 3/01
norway 6/01
paradise 8/01
spirit 11/01
norway 3/02
victory 6/02
destiny 7/02
pride 11/02
inspiration 12/02
navigator 2/03
grand princess 4/03
triumph 5/03
mariner 11/03
Old July 28th, 2003, 09:32 AM
danp

Its not that type of depression... It like going from hot to cold, haveing an awesome time, then, a split second later, its all gone... But yourmom must never really have a good time if he ever feels a little "depressed" after a cruise!
Old July 28th, 2003, 11:52 AM
jacqui

Default Re: Re: Re: depression after cruise

tahnks guyz for all your help
hey lml827 what cruise did you go on and when did yougo on
cause i bet your feeling the same way im feeling very depressed even though i think your cruise was most recent casue i went on one in late june early july but still

and does anyone else have advice for me
Old July 28th, 2003, 12:02 PM
Danp

Dont take this the wrong way... But dont let it bother you... You are only a teen and will have millions of other chances to go, as a teen or and adult...
Old July 28th, 2003, 02:30 PM
mellissa

i'm glad im not the only depressed one out there!!! i just got back yesterday and i really miss this guy that i hung out with all week!!! it's kind of like taking candy away from a little kid. hopefully i'll get to see him soon though he only lives 3 hours away
Old July 28th, 2003, 05:26 PM
lyndsy84

I agree with Danp about having lots of other future opportunities to meet ppl.. but altho i do believe that, it doesn't really help with missing them in the few weeks months or even years that you've last seen them.
Jaqui- did ur parents speak w/ the parents of the other teens? maybe if they'd had some sorta relationship w/ eachother, they'd be more ready to let you go visit them. you said they live on the other side of the world; where do they live? if it is out of the US, it will proly be harder to visit. but i don't see ne problem w/ visiting them if they live in the US. depending on how old u are and if you have a job, you could get a plane ticket ( i know continental flys cheap: roundtrip to orlando from brunswick OH is only $200).
i hope this info helps.
Old July 28th, 2003, 05:55 PM
jacqui

thanks and i mean your right that i will have other chances but i kindof dont feel that way with some people i have met some live in the uk and others live across the u.s from me so it would be harder i mean i am trying to convince my parents on letting me go but nothing they are saying i just need to find away to stop being depressed but still think that i will see tham again
thanks
Old July 31st, 2003, 04:41 PM
tsb

yeah im defintly going through cruise depression ... i went on adventure of the seas from july 6 - 13 ...it was awsome ...i met great people...and probably one of the hottest, sweetest, sexiest girls ever....i miss it!
Old July 31st, 2003, 04:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CarnivalCruiserA Send a message via MSN to CarnivalCruiserA

Yeah I miss our cuise too! Everyone on it was awesome and really nice! It's fun going on a cruise and making lots of friends and meeting guys!!! You can always keep in touch with them, it's not like they are gone for good... Just think about how great your next cruise will be, and the more people you will meet! That's what I'm doing... can't wait!!
Old July 31st, 2003, 05:24 PM
Passenger

anyone ever meet up with someone they met on a cruise?? me and this awesome guy i met are gonna do somenthing together this weekend since we only live 3 hours away!! i cant wait
Old July 31st, 2003, 07:53 PM
jacqui

yeh im trying to get over thinking wow if i go on another cruise how great that would be but this cruise i just went on seems like it was teh best and i met the best people ever its hard i want to get together with some people but how can i convince my parents into letting me?
Old August 1st, 2003, 12:29 AM
allissa

i want to know how i convince my parents to let me see this guy i met. they keep telling me that i dont really know him and all but i really like him
Old August 1st, 2003, 10:41 AM
jacqui

yeah thats what i want to do i want to try to convincc my parents to but i dont know how to like they said maybe but maybe to them is always a no i dont know what to do its driving me crazy
Old August 2nd, 2003, 10:29 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: depression after cruise

i went through the depression sort of thing when i got off my cruise...i met about 30 ppl and we all still keep in touch today...I met my best friend on my cruise and luckily we only live an hour and a half away from eachother and see eachother all the time...All the ppl that were on my cruise plan on meeting on another cruise on the same ship next may...

Disney Magic/5-4-02
Old August 2nd, 2003, 12:37 PM
jacqui

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: depression after cruise

thatas good you are very lucky i wihs i could see everyone again by meeting on the same cruises but that doesnt all work out right cause of parents saying no or something but i really want to see some people any one got suggestions for convincing parents into letting you fly somewhere to see people...HELP
Old August 8th, 2003, 11:25 AM
wasup103193

i know exactly how ya fell hey its happened 2 me 17 times
just keep in touch and hang out wi your friends at home
Old August 8th, 2003, 02:00 PM
countrychick_1018

E-mail them if they have e-mail if not did you get their addresses and phone #'s???? write a letter send them clippings of you from the newspaper, school pics, etc...

Even if they don't reply they still remember you.

I went on a 3 wk. trip to Australia and New Zealand without my parents ( about 6 adults I didn't really know though) and like 44 teens. It was the time of my life last summer, and I still miss them but I will never forget them, I love them as if they were related to me.

And I'm sure you will too as long as you remember them.

Ash
Old August 8th, 2003, 02:08 PM
countrychick_1018

Default Re: Re: STAY IN TOUCH!!!

Try to convince your parents to take you on a birthday trip to a place where one of the peoples live, it may work I'm getting my parents to take me and my best friend on a cruise for my sweet 16, just try it could be worth it.
Old August 8th, 2003, 02:09 PM
countrychick_1018

Default Re: Re: Re: STAY IN TOUCH!!!

No that a different kind of depressed, that's depression for all man kind depressed. You can very well be depressed because of missing someone.
Old August 8th, 2003, 02:12 PM
countrychick_1018

lucky for you!
Old August 8th, 2003, 02:19 PM
countrychick_1018

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: depression after cruise

Maybe while your where ever you want to go you'll promise them that you'll learn allot. I know you think why would I want to learn on vacation, but if you learn about where you are you'll remember the trip better. It has a 100% success for parents and for remembering the fab trip.
Old August 9th, 2003, 01:32 PM
jacqui

thanks so much for waht you said countrychick i mean i could say something that iw ill learn something if i go see them or whatever i mean i dont know and yes i do have everyones well almost everyones emails ands tuff but also i feel bad becasue i dont have any pictures of any one it really sucks and than also i miss them so much everytime i talk to them its so sad and everything reminds me of the cruise and the people wow i still need help!