Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2003, 05:31 PM
cruisegurl

Default Parent's rules

Hey i have a big problem i'm 13 and i just found out i have a curefew on the ship and u will never guess what time it is? 9pm !!! I fell like i'm 5 what do i do so my curefew is later??
help,
katlynn
I'm on vaction i shouldn't have 1.
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2003, 05:44 PM
Danp

Default Re: Parent's rules

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWO! 9pm?! OK... Wait, what is your school bedtime? Interested in helping you out, but I need some more info... Why 9Pm, is it because of safty, do your parents want u sleeping, ect... I wouldent worry about it, there are lots of ppl here who will help ya!
Old August 11th, 2003, 06:13 PM
KATIE1

lol once you get on the ship i PROMISE you that your curfew will NOT be 9 pm. if u have early dinner then dinner will get over around 8 and then the show will get out around 9:30-9:45 then of course you'll want to go to the disco untill about 11-12 so there ya go tell your parents that there are organized activities after 9 and that there is security all over the ship and nothing bad is going to happen. is this you and your parents first cruise? if it is then they dont know all about the teens staying up till LATE....try to go for a 12 curfew
Old August 11th, 2003, 07:21 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Marisa

wow thats sooo early! like katie said by the time you have dinner and go to the show it'll be already 9:45 if not later. If you end up eatin later you end up going to the even later show which usually endes at 10-10:30. Try explaining to your parents that if you have 2 been by 9 you would be missin out on sooo much! All you would really be able to do at night is basically go to dinner. Try to get 1:00 curfew but if you can't try 4 12:30 or 12 thats a little more reasonable.
Old August 11th, 2003, 07:34 PM
Danp

Marisa, good point... the shows and late seating...
The teen disco didnt even open till 9:30 on my last cruise...
Old August 11th, 2003, 08:37 PM
cruisegurl

Default Re: Re: Parent's rules

school time 10pm if i'm doing something school related and if not 8:30Danp wrote:
Old August 12th, 2003, 10:23 AM
Admiral

Well don't throw a tantrum and make demands. <G> Talk to your parents reasonably and promise to keep them informed of your whereabouts and let them see that there are many activities for kids your age past that time. Your curfew should directly relate to your behaviour and ability to show you are responsible. Accept that your parents are mostly concerned for your safety and work with them, not against them.
Jim

Starting to feel like Dear Abby for crying out loud

Old August 12th, 2003, 01:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to CarnivalCruiserA Send a message via MSN to CarnivalCruiserA

WoW! Yeah I agree with everyone else... with dinner, show's and the disco, I think your parent's will let you stay out longer.... 9pm is way to early, especially when your on vacation!!!
Old August 14th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

We wern;t even out of the Dining Room by 9. Dinner starts at like 8:15 for the late sitting on our cruise. We would get out at like around 10. The shows my parents went to started about 10:30, and i would meet my people right after dinner. Once your parents realise, that 9 is right in the middle of things, DINNER!!! They will be sure to knock it back. Good luck trying to get it later! Have fun!

Rob
Old August 16th, 2003, 11:54 AM
dfritz

Hey!

I went on a cruise when I was 13 and my curfew was like 12 or 12:30, this cruise that I'll be taking in a short while I have a curfew of 1 since I've aged a year. Just explain to your parents the good reasons for having a later curfew, such as meeting more people, seeing the shows, going to teen events and so much more. If your parents are worried about your safety then have them rent some of those walky-talky things so that they can talk to you right when they need to. Just relax and I bet ten-to-one your parents will reconsider.

Ashley
Old August 16th, 2003, 06:07 PM
Passenger

All I have to say is do NOT break curfew because your parents will wake up even if it is in a dark room with no window or clock!!! I learned that on my last cruise. My friend and I went to the cabin 30 minutes late because we didn't think my parents would wake up but.....they did. My dad had left to go walk the whole ship at like 3:30 in the morning. He was not happy. But the next night we did get a later curfew...so I don't know. Just do not go in past curfew the first night and then ask your parents the next night if you can stay out a little later. They might let ya. You never know!
Old August 17th, 2003, 06:19 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Dylan Send a message via MSN to Dylan

hey-
heres what you do. on the first day of the cruise try to meet some kids about your age, then if they stay out later tell your parents you want to hang out with them.

dyldyl
Old August 17th, 2003, 07:27 PM
cruisechic1

good idea thanks dylan helped a lot
Old August 20th, 2003, 07:15 PM
FortuneCookie121

I would talk to your parents. Especially if it's your first cruise, they might not know the ropes. Bring them to the teen club on the first day, so they can see what it's like. If they know where you'll be, hopefully they'll feel like you're safer. Also, meeting the teen counsellors might help pacify any fears they have.
Old August 29th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Erik.

Hey, straight up, go to the cruise line web site and print off a list of teen activities. Show them that most kids are at dinner, and most of the fun doesnt start till around 10.