Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 2nd, 2004, 05:13 PM
cheer_brat_06

Default Half Time show!!

Hey everyone tell me what ya think about the half time show.. The Janet jakson stunt thing.. The radio sad it wasnt meant to happen that it was a costume malfunction yet she had a big o star covering her niple i dont think she wears them just everyday

Thought plz
KRISTY
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2004, 06:23 PM
lizz3

Default Re: Half Time show!!

That was just so weird it was so a stunt NASTYNASTYNASTY ohohoho well thing happen
Old February 2nd, 2004, 06:50 PM
LAUREN!! :-)

It was so planned the song says "better have u naked by the end of this song" n then BOOM whats up boob ya it was def. planned! That 1/2 time show was the worst one i ever seen BUT IT WAS A GOOD GAME! YA PATRIOTS :o)
Old February 2nd, 2004, 08:00 PM
First Mate

At first I thought it was supposed to happen...but then I read this article on MTV. COM

HOUSTON The organizers of the Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show had hoped that a surprise guest would get people talking long after the game, but they wound up with one more surprise than they had bargained for.

Janet Jackson's right breast was exposed at the end of her performance after Justin Timberlake who was expected to be the night's biggest surprise pulled off a piece of Janet's costume. As a result the move, some 72,000 fans in Reliant Stadium and an estimated 100 million watching around the world saw more of Janet than expected.

"I am sorry if anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance at the Super Bowl," Timberlake said of the incident. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

MTV, which produced the halftime show for sister network CBS, issued a statement shortly after the game saying, "The tearing of Janet Jackson's costume was unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional and was inconsistent with assurances we had about the content of the performance. MTV regrets this incident occurred and we apologize to anyone who was offended by it."

Jackson did not release an official statement after the game, but her representatives told MTV News that she apologizes for the incident.

CBS, which broadcast the Super Bowl and its halftime show live Sunday evening, also apologized, saying, "CBS deeply regrets the incident that occurred during the Super Bowl halftime show. We attended all rehearsals throughout the week and there was no indication that any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."
Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:36 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

Yea, that was for sure planned. Like someone else said, he said "Gonna have you naked by the end of this song" and he pulled off a part of her dress thing and out poped her boob. Okay, how coud that even be a costume mistake?? Justin reached over, grabbed it, and ripped it. Unless he had a hook on his sleve which happened to hook on to the thing that was on janets boob, it was extremly planned. Hey, it makes for good entertainment. hehe

Rob
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:15 PM
ThrillRiderChick

i thought it ruined the show...justin is all hot and stuff strutin his stuff..then he starts grinding with janet like common (she's like 50 thats nast)then the whole boob this like wow...why does it have to come to nudity (ps-why is it always chicks!!!! grr) haha nothing more to say lol... but it was planned for sure and certainly caught the publics eye !!

-SaraH-
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lin-Z Send a message via MSN to Lin-Z

Yea i bet her n JT planned it.. but no one else knew I heard it was a last minute desicion.. HEY ITS PUBLICITY.. I bet they were sittin in some room drinkin and smokin cigars like "HEY what do you think would happen if we did this?" It prably wasnt nothin new for them, haha later

.Lin.

March 28, 2004 ~~ Carnival Sensation
Old February 3rd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to sTefFi07 Send a message via MSN to sTefFi07
Default Re: Re: Half Time show!!

i think its planned cuz who goes around wearing some jewelry on there boob all the time? get real

Old February 3rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

I thought it added to the show. It was kinda boring untill that point. My parents had a party and it got a bit more lively after that. My friends mom called CBS and complained. I mean, get real, it was a joke!!

Rob
Old February 3rd, 2004, 07:53 PM
ThrillRiderChick

Yeah thats kinda harsh lol!!

-SaraH-
Old February 3rd, 2004, 08:07 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne

yea I think the whole JJ and JT thing sparked new excitement.... Definately planned. Like Stefanie said, who would wear jewelry on their boobs?
Old February 3rd, 2004, 08:22 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to ttbryson

well at first i thought that it was 100% for sure it was staged, like ppl said above the song lyrics, the recent attempts for publicity by using sex appeal ( the kiss madonna, britanny spears and christina agulara had a short while ago) and all of that , but they did say that it was a costume malfunction. most of you are saying "ya, right... he reached over and pulled it right off!!!" I would just like to let you know that what was planned to happen (in a last minute change) was he was going to rip off her costume revealing part of her red bra.

So its not like he went , "OOPS, I reached over, touched your boob and accidentally forced your costume off!" I would like to give them the possiblity that It might have actually been an accident. The Jackson family is already going through hard times with the Micheal Jackson trial, I dont think that Janet would want to emarrass her family further. Also I am sure they are aware of the possible fines for unsolicited nudity on TV, which as they said in the MSNBC article below, if chosen to be imposed, would cost CBS millions in fines which Justin and Janet will probably have to pay a part of, something they probably don't want to do.

And finally, would Janet really want to show her boob while hundreds of millions of people are watching??? When she knows there are children viewing it also??? If it was a mistake dont you think she would be emarrassed more than just a little? What if that happened to you, a costume malfunction and now suddenly hundreds of millions of people have seen you partially nude. Would you be emabarrased? Would you feel even more emarrassed if people are accusing you of being a sl*t and making judgements??

just something to ponder...

(article in refrence to)
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4131637/

--------------------
HAL - Oosterdam - May 05
RCI - Mariner of the Seas - August 04
HAL - Volendam - July 03
Old February 3rd, 2004, 08:24 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

Well, we all got to see a little more then we bargined for! ;-)

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old February 5th, 2004, 05:20 PM
LAUREN!! :-)

boob jewelry is nothin new haha alot of girls go around wearin jewelry on their boobs ;-)
Old February 5th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

Do you?

haha I HAD to ask!

Post Edited (02-05-04 17:24)

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old February 7th, 2004, 07:32 PM
Das Boldt

The fourteen people worldwide who buy her album this March will never forget this, obviously.
Old February 8th, 2004, 12:59 AM
Vicky0-7

Dude, boob jewelry?? Yeah, its called a nipple ring.....
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Roy B

All i have to say is that was a cheap A$$ silicone job!!!!!!!!!!