Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2004, 02:39 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob
Default shopping

Hey is there any shops that people actually like in the caribbean. The only one that we have here is Gucci... and i dont really shop there. Any ports have abercrombie, express men, armani exchange,banana republic, jCrew, etc???? I dont really think so bc the countries are so poor but if thats the case why did nassau have a gucci??? Thanks =)

Rob
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:28 PM
cruiseprincess0162

Default Re: shopping

St.Thomas had a United Colors of Benton.
San Juan had a coach.
Im trying to think of some more.........
I'll get back to you.
XoXo
Jenna
Old February 4th, 2004, 05:15 PM
SaraL

Key West has Coach, Banana Republic and Express..
And San Juan has a Coach

if you can, find out the zip code of the island you're on and then go to the stores website and some of them have a thing where you can enter the zip code and city and they search for stores around that area. i know abercrombie has it on theirs, but im not sure about the rest.
Old February 4th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Yeoman

Well you have to bring back at least something from your cruise. So why do u wanna buy a crappy tee shirt that says the port you visited when you will NEVER wear it. If you get a banana shirt, it will at least get worn, and u can still say, I got it in the caribbean! I cant go any place without going shopping..... lol yea my only obsession are clothes, and sunglasses. =)

Rob
Old February 4th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Yeoman

Yea, i went to hell, it was actually in Grand Cayman. Not sure if theres one in Jamacia too. Those shirts get all warped after u wash it, and they like shrink to the size of one of your arm and like u cant even tell if its a shirt because its soo like out of shape. I would much rather pick up and Abercrombie polo that i would actually wear, than some tee that says hell. Just me though. Ohh yea, Abercrombie is changing from vintage back to the old style!!! THANK GOD!!! Just if anyone wanted to know =) How did it go from classic preppy, to like vintage "this shirt looks 50 years old" style. I mean that was in style for some while, but dont change, there 2 totally different styles. you agree?

Rob
Old February 4th, 2004, 08:28 PM
Yeoman

OMG, how could u not tell??? It used to be all like preppy, now it looks like its 50 years old. Everything is faded and wrinkled on the shelves. You dont remember when it was all polos and nice tees that were bright??? Now its like raggy polos, with faded, can hardly read the words, tees. You should have noticed. Dont you love GAP, yea they never change. Classic Prep Style a.k.a GAP

hehe ROB
Old February 4th, 2004, 08:34 PM
ThrillRiderChick

haha i dont shop when i got to the caribbean cept for like little "trinkets" haah thats a funny word lol!! for my friends and self haha but yeah i hit the beaches :P lol....i donno about you guys but i would call vintage like "value village" stuff haha but american eagle went to vintage too every place did...now they are back to normal clothes oh oh but yeah i got THE best shirt in jamacia omg its got lil rega (donno how to spell it) dudes on it and they are like dancing and it says "we be jamin to da beat of jamacia mon" HAHA!! omg i never wear it but i love it i like wanna frame it!! haha

-SaraH-
Old February 5th, 2004, 02:14 PM
cruiseprincess0162

Rob I just rembered today in English class that St.Thomas and St.Martin both have Tommy Hilfinger!!
XoXo
Jenna
Old February 5th, 2004, 02:50 PM
ThrillRiderChick

seriously!!!?!?!?!?!?! too bad im going there and dont wear tommy! ahah well no wait im being a hipicrit there..i do wear some of their jeans cuz they are good quialty but i bought like 4 pairs of tommy jeans down in sarasota...and they like stretch SO much everytime i wear them like you could fit another person in there with me so annoying gr!

-SaraH-
Old February 5th, 2004, 05:28 PM
LAUREN!! :-)

HEY ADAM! i called u a fag once n everyone said it wasnt very nice so i'm gunna stick up for rob n say shove it :o) Abercrombie has gotten alot better like the past 3 months and now they got spring n summer stuff woop! i just got like 3 skirts how exciting haha i love shopping like it's my job
Old February 5th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Yeoman

Thanks Lauren =)

Rob
Old February 7th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Das Boldt

"why does it matter? why would u want 2 shop for that kinda stuff in the caribbean if you have those stores here?!"

What I want to know is, why would anybody want to shop for useless articles when they could vacation in Tokyo and ride the 150 mph bullet-trains all day?

Oh, that's right, you're all female.
Old February 8th, 2004, 01:07 AM
Vicky0-7

Seriously, why do you wanna buy American clothes in different areas?? How boring plus its overpriced because it has to be imported. Go buy some jewelry or something instead becauuse its duty-free. I want to Little Switzerland in St. Thomas and got a $450 Tissot watch for $300. Much better deal than boring old Abercrombie, right?
Old February 8th, 2004, 10:27 AM
Yeoman

Its cool Adam.

Carnival Ecstasy-June 2000
Carnival Jubilee-July 2001
Carnival Pride-June 2003
RCCL Sovereign-Janurary 2004
Carnival Imagination-June 26, 2004
Glory
Old February 8th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Passenger

Well, some of the shirts in the Caribbean are not half bad, I got a really cute one that looks like it's from Hollister or something, but it was really from HRC in Grand Cayman, but I do agree on the most part, alot of the shirts are pretty cheap!!!

Mariner of the Seas

Megan