CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Teen Cruisers (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/)
-   -   Exams... (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/teen-cruisers/289618-exams.html)

DanPolulak May 20th, 2004 08:59 PM

Exams...

Is anyone taking them now? If so, what ones do you have to take? Freshman at my school take the most... Heres my list.

English 9
Physical Science
World History
Spanish I
LMS
Algebra 1
Theology 9 (I go to a Cathloic school)

BTW- I am asking this because I am taking them now, and they are a pain in the @ss.

countthestars420 May 20th, 2004 09:08 PM

Re: Exams...

mine arent for 3 weeks.. ughhhh... but i only have to take 2 tests cause my other teachers are all super cool and are making us do a project for the final instead of the test... =)... but you're lucky that you have them now.. because your summer vacation starts next week... mines not for 4..

eclipsegtf10mch May 20th, 2004 09:16 PM

tomorrow i have english and geometry....monday i have world history and spanish, then tuesday i have chemistry and theology....thennn on wednesday....IM DONE...thank god.

Joefoe May 20th, 2004 09:22 PM

hmm i got bio, geometery, english, spanish, world civilizations, art and woodshop next week i think

SexyBrunette May 20th, 2004 09:22 PM

Mine start in a few weeks!

Photography
Alg 2/Trig
Hon Chem
French 6
AP US History
AP English

I just want my Junior year to be over already! It was such hell!

bobbles May 20th, 2004 09:33 PM

i got
drivers ed (haha blow off)
intro to tech draw (dont need to study for)
non western Civ (I have an essay due on the day of finals instead of a test)
Band-yeah u know il study hours for that
English-blow off since i dropped out of accelerated
Chem Acc.-Hard as F***
Geo Acc.-Hard class, but math finals are known to be easy at my school (compared to usual tests)

KevinS May 20th, 2004 09:35 PM

Tomorrow I have Sleeping Late 101, Microwave Lunch 3, Television 220, and Half-Hearted Job Searching 100.
If you haven't caught on yet, I'm bragging about the fact that my college semester ended weeks ago. Goodluck, littles ones. Especially those of you who have SAT's coming up. :-P

MBR87 May 20th, 2004 09:45 PM

Re: Re: Exams...

hahah...tuesday, i have english and geometry...wed. i have american history, and chemistry...thursday, natvie speakers spanish...does ne1 else have algebra 1 (8th), algebra 2(9th), and geometry (10th)...in that order other than me?KevinS wrote:

countthestars420 May 20th, 2004 09:47 PM

^^ tech draw... u rock my spatula...

anyways.. i guess everyone is saying their schedules.. so i'm going to say mine too.. cause i just can't feel left out... HAh

tuesday - chem and algebra/trig (my only 2 tests... hell ya)
wednesday- english (in class essay), french (presenting project) and world history (presenting project)
thursday- tech draw (breakfast party.. AHA)

SO... i have the BEST finals schedule in the world... i know you're all just sooo jealous... =D

Post Edited (05-20-04 21:53)

corgie May 20th, 2004 09:58 PM

mm next week is me

WEDNESDAY
1-open
2-fitness/swim (joke)
3- biology H (hard)
4- freshman choir (easy)
5- civics (ish)

THURSDAY
6- Spanish 3 (ish)
7- Pottery (easy)
8- Geometry H (really hard cause im super bad at math)
9- Orchestra (joke)

yeaaah...so thats 8 altogether...plus i take my english final in class for a total of nine....thats a lot of finals if you ask me.

SoccerQT116 May 20th, 2004 10:12 PM

wow u dan and countthestars u guys are lucky--we hav a district wide final...so in the 6 HS in the district we all take the same final for that class so we cant lik subtract it for a project--and in every class we hav to take a final. And we dont take finals for lik another 2 weeks but tues and weds we did our english essay part of the final and today we did the ap history essay...it sucks! i wish i was at a school where if u get an A for the year u dont hav to take them...but of course my schools not gona do that cuz theyre GAY

kmansfield13 May 20th, 2004 11:33 PM

I'm a freshman, and my folks made me take the SAT three weeks ago (got the scores back, didnt do too bad either) and then I've got exams next week.
Art Fundamentals
English I Honors
Algebra II Honors
Religion I (i go to Catholic school)
Sociology (we have done nothing in that class but listen to the teacher's same stories over and over and over again.)
Biology I Honors
Spanish I
Wish me luck!
Kerry

ttbryson May 21st, 2004 12:14 AM

I start mine around the beginning of June....

Math 10
Science 10 - (chem, bio, phys - all together)
English 10
Social Studies 10 - (its like the US equivilant of History/Geography/Economics)
Intro Spanish 11

Apfr. May 21st, 2004 12:16 AM

Why are you all taking finals and ending so early? We don't end until June 8.

Tauruschick May 21st, 2004 10:52 AM

I only have 2! Global History and Biology! I'm exempt for having a average over 92% in all my other classes. Does anyone else's teachers do that?

eclipsegtf10mch May 21st, 2004 11:05 AM

i get out may 25th, thats why mine are early...and exemption from exams is like a senior privelege at my school...so yeah sucks for me lol

AdamsND04 May 21st, 2004 03:33 PM

Already Had mine....I graduate Next Sunday from High School!!!!!

Psychology
British Literature
Trig
Lifestyles

I was Exempt from
American Government
Compostion

cheerangel574 May 21st, 2004 04:00 PM

Well im a freshman at my school and i have block scheduling and ive already taken half of my classes. oh ad i dont take exams til the last days of school on mon. and tues.

1st semester
-biology 2 (first half)
-adv. reading (my schools gay and makes freshman take reading)
-geometry 1 hon.
-east west hon.

2nd semester
-Drama 1
-English 1
-Biology 2 (second half and no final exam! except the AP exam)
-Spanish 2 (praying that i pass!)

Dancing_Babe88 May 21st, 2004 05:07 PM

HAHA .......school ended today for me ..... i took my exams and they were sooo easy i had geometry and history today.we also had early dismisal today wed and thurs, then after words to celebrate me and all my friends drove to hooters about 1hr away it was soo much fun.........i'm so glad sophmore year is over...finally.

yeah i dont have to wake up at 5 any more.

tylAr

Emscrgrl May 21st, 2004 05:40 PM

Im in 8th grade and i only have 2 high skool exams- algebra 1 hon. and Intro the Physical Science Hon.
and i also have exams in my english and hist. class
and our one in hist. is ovr the whole year
from the maya stuff and the ice age all the way through the civil war

triumph 6/5

Cruisechic2005 May 22nd, 2004 08:34 AM

Here in NY we have things called Regents... idk if anyone else has them but they are required to graduate, and they are also on top of the normal Finals...

My Finals won't start for a little while, and Regents start June 16th the day after school lets out. My Spanish level 3 Regents is going to start in a week or so...

I'm in my Junior year, and that is the hardest both stress and work load wise here in NY so oh well next year will be a breeze :)

Good Luck Everyone on Exams!!

Sara754 May 22nd, 2004 09:22 AM

I have to take the Regents too becuase I live in NY.. but this year I take only 1 Regents because im not in AP classes.. My school gets out June 11th and then the next week regents and finals start..

Bio Regents
Math 9R Final
Spanish 2 Final
Global Studies 9R Final
English 9R Final

Justine did you take the Marth A regents last year? Most of the people in my school that took it failed it.. how was it for you?

Roisin May 22nd, 2004 10:35 AM

Re: Re: Exams...

us history regents
french regents
english final
pre cal final
physics regents
religion final
art final lol

Jenz May 22nd, 2004 12:54 PM

im a junior and i hae to take Physics,French,Pre-Calc,English, and American History
but not for like 2 weeks

and next year our school is getting rid of midterms and finals! so excited for that!

brand new girl May 22nd, 2004 01:43 PM

haha teens *****ing about exams i love it..so i'll join in, hey why not. i've got (i'm a junior)

6/14 - cp english 3, honors us history 2
6/15 - honors math analysis, cp chem
6/16 - honors spanish

fun fun fun - i so want them to be over with so i can relax for the first time in 8 months and go on my cruise!!! :D

http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown...=18&hour=16:00
carnival legend :: 7/18
http://www.loudside.com/graphics/bands/brandnew.jpg

Cruise Gal May 22nd, 2004 04:32 PM

Hey Guys-

I'm from New York and YES I have to take the regents as well as finals...

Math 2AB H
Global History H
Earth Science Regents
English 9 H
Spanish 2

Is anyone else taking the Earth Science regents?? If so, when is your practical?

My classes don't end until June 11th...then I first have to start with the finals until the 23rd...you guys are lucky, but then again, when do you all START school? I don't start until I think September 7th or around there.

Melz May 22nd, 2004 10:10 PM

I took my exams last week so I'm out for the summer!! Thank gosh! Unfortunately we start school in early August :(

Sara754 May 23rd, 2004 12:03 AM

What part of NY are you from Cruise Gal?
In my school, some of my friends are taking the Earth Science Regents but they still have like 2 weeks.. Im guessing its going to be hard, which sucks because Im having enough problems passing the Bio Regents..

Cruise Gal May 23rd, 2004 11:14 AM

Sara- I'm from Long Island....The Earth Science Regents will be easy (in my opinion). The Bio regents that i took last year was a piece of cake...don't worry. I take the Earth Sciecne Regents June 18th...Wish me luck..

Cruisegal

Laugh_a_lot May 23rd, 2004 03:37 PM

8th graders have to take SOL's:
English
Reading
Writing
Math
History
Science

And we have to take exams!
History
English
Math
Science

We have to pass the SOL's and the exams to go to high school!
Chalice school sucks!
Went there when I was little!