Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Cheerleading

I guess I would call it a sport. For one thing I call chess a sport! I guess you can just call me crazy!

Check and MATE!
Old March 5th, 2004, 10:24 PM
flirtyflirt

My name is jess and i am a cheerleader. im in 10th grade and i have been cheering for 5 seasons going on my 6th. i definatly think cheer leading is a sport! i get crap from that all the time. every time i get a big bruise or some one gets a black eye. they laugh and say you couldnt get that from cheerleading, cheerleading is a wossie (cant spell at all, lol) sport.
some cheerleaders just act like ones on tv because it is a sterotype and they think they are supossed to be ditzy and all girly. guys arnt turned on by ditzy girls and i realized that a little too late. sure guys like cheerleaders ( i mean who wouldnt we look hott in our short skirts) but they also would like the cheerleader to have brains.
hope i helped~ i kinda felt like i was rambling
Old March 6th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to flutegirl624

No offense to the cheerleaders out there, but I personally don't like them. At my school, they aren't exactly nice. Well, not all of them. I do know a nice one or two. But of course, I have been labeled "band geek" since I walked in last year. So I naturally am made fun of by every other group existent. Mostly the football players. One guy in my Econ. class has nicknamed me "Bandgirl" lol...

Norweigan Sea- June 12-19
Old March 6th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Passenger

My school doesn't have any sports other that the norm- football, basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, maybe wrestling. I ignore most of them, 'cept for football and basketball cuz I play pep and marching at those games...lol

Old March 6th, 2004, 11:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lin-Z Send a message via MSN to Lin-Z

im not even gonna bother.. sheesh, its all what ur opinion of "sport" is... for me, i could listen to 2 people argue about it and be like "oooh she has a good point" "o wait, thats a good point too" sooo u know.. its very debatable. ya can't convice someone if their stuck, anyways thats my opinion

.lindsey.
Old March 7th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to NotAnotherBlonde

cheerleading is definmetely a sport! im an all-star cheerleader AND a school cheerleader so ican tell you it is tons of hard work! Not to like brag or anything, but i've only been cheering for umm one year and four months (not that anyone's counting, lol) and i've got my lay out and all so, yeah. But I';m in the gym five or six days a week, not including games or competitions, so i can tell you it's a LOt of hard work.. oh and in the past year only, ive had my toth come all the way through my lip, and my nose broken, not to mention sparined ankles and wrists, bruised tendons, HUGE bruises, blood blisters under the skin, shin splints and tons more.. so you can't tell me cheerleading isn't a sport, especially if you havent tried it!!!!!!!!!

Old March 7th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Passenger

on my above post look at that picture and this one, and see if you dont think its a sport

</3 Kaitlyn

Passenger

By the way, all these pictures are of MY cheerleading squad 6th - 9th graders

Passenger

okay this is the last one, lol.. just make sure you look at all my pictures!!!

</3 Kaitlyn
Old March 7th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Passenger

whoops i forgot to add the picture to the last one, lol

</3 Kaitlyn

Old March 7th, 2004, 05:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to prettyINpink

cheerleading is definately a sport. im a cheerleader at my school on jv and competition along w/ helping out my sisters squad when ever they need an extra person for a competition because i dont have the time to actually be on the squad. It takes alot of hard work and detemination to be a cheerleader, along w/ good grades, because you cant be a cheerleader and be stupid, i am currently a freshman at my school and have geometry 1 hon., history hon., AP biology, and Spanish 2, oh and im curently in the PAC (Program of Advance Curriculum) at my school. but neways if u really want to know how hard cheerleading is u can go join it yourself (hopefully somewhere where its actually hard core cheerleading).

Post Edited (03-07-04 16:33)
Old March 8th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

OKay if you dont think cheerleading is a sport, your either living under a rock or just freakin retarded. OKAY im on the varsity squad at my highschool and we have practice EVERY day of the school week from after school which is 3.00 till 7! yeah! we have to do 300 pushups,situps,and Esymetricals for jumps! and two hours of our practice is just tumeling and everyone on our squad has our standing back tucks and layouts. 9 of our varsity cheerleaders have STANDING fulls! Do u retards know how much work is envolved in that! we work twice as much as everyone in ne other sport!!!

THANK YOU!!
Vic
Old March 8th, 2004, 09:11 PM
pioneer

Calm down, spaz! Cheerleading is a sport, but I think any other sport would be better...
Old March 8th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lin-Z Send a message via MSN to Lin-Z

You know what i think it is.. I think its kind of like dancing.. but of course, i know there's prably a lot of more work that goes into cheerleading.. they do some mad tricks and flips and stuff.
I think it is kind of like dance tho. I mean, you have competitions, and you work really hard at it. But like dance, when someone asks you what sport you play, they normally say "I don't play a sport, but I dance" It's kind of like.. well I don't know.. I'd say that dancing and cheerleading are more than just hobbies.
Well.. in my opinion, cheerleading is rythmic dancing (of course I don't wanna have any more DEBATES about how hard it is, and how many flips and pyramids they all do).
I guess that was my whole point though. I think its a form of dance. So if you were going by the classic term of "sport" I don't think it'd fall under that category. It's more of a um... well i dunno what you'd classify dancing as.
But then again, watch out, cause they might try to throw the word "Gymnastics in there".. Is that a sport? they have like olympics for that kinda stuff... So who knows? I don't. whatever, im done talking about it anyways, ok blah bye. lol

.lindsey.
Old March 8th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Alright heres my thing.. im a cheerleader but i dont walk around saying oh hey im lauren im a cheerleader! ya kno? i think its all kind of overrated Its like a lot of girls want everyone to know they are a cheerleader and they want everyone to know its such a big deal and god forbid someone say its not a sport.. Alot of "teams" or "clubs" aren't considered sports and you cant change everyones mind so i dunno y this is sucha big deal..??
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:05 AM
LauraK

Well, Im a cheerleader at my school and people always argue about cheerleading being a sport ... so heres my opinion... if it is stunting or competitive cheerleading it is... and it all depends how hard u work out and practice,,,
Old March 10th, 2004, 01:56 AM
Lindsay421

I think that cheerlading is awesome! I used to cheerlead, but my new high school doesnt have it, so im trying to start it again! IT IS DEFINATELY A SPORT!
Old March 10th, 2004, 10:37 AM
cheer_brat_06

I can definatly see i started a big argument on wether cheerleading is a sport or not a sport... but maybee this will help everyone out "Sport..noun.. An interesting diversion; a particular game "OR" physical activity with set rules; a person who leads a fast life; To amuse and have a good time."

So another words there are many things that we can classify as a sport.. and what is a sport anyways.. is it just a name we give to something "OR" is it just a name we give to things that dont deal with short skirts, and girl sports that guys think r 2 easy to be classified as a sport..

But ask urself this what is a SPORT and tell me that..
"K"

much love
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

DUH! u can shut the hell up now! we all know that cheerleading is a freakin sport so all u retards who think it isnt a sport need to get a life.if u think its not a sport, the hell w/ you. who freakin cares. all i know is that the cheerleaders will be hatin on u. Latr
Old March 10th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to cruiseprincess0708 Send a message via MSN to cruiseprincess0708

Thanks vic... I was just gonna say that!
XoXo
Jenna
Old March 10th, 2004, 05:42 PM
pioneer

I'm REALLY scared now...
Old March 10th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Passenger

okay. i never said it was't a sport, i know it's a sport, but how come they say cheerleading is a sport, but not band? you might scoff, but have you ever had to stand perfectly still, staring someone in the eye, not blinking, not moving, doing nothing, for ten minutes straight, outside, wearing an ungodly uncomfortable uniform, sweating like a cow, in the 100 degree weather? then marching back and forth for 12 hours with only 2 breaks for water and food? we work harder than our football team. and cheerleaders for that matter. our cheerleaders suck. Our class cheer is "06 *clap**clap**clap* 06 *clap**clap**clap* etc......how dull! oops...i'm ranting again. just ignore me. oh yeah, and that situation was me last year during a drill down at band camp. i won and beat a bunch of upperclassmen! go freshman me! lol...

Old March 12th, 2004, 12:35 PM
cheer_brat_06

wo ok everyone settle down.. Ya when u have to practice band it is hard but r band sucks so i quit we cant even play r school song.. Its that bad.. Hey but 2 the bands like on Drumline muchlove cuz that is alot of work...

Sorry 4 starting this big o argument just wanted to see what other cheerleaders are like at yall schools
Old March 13th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Passenger

lol.....our band makes fun of our cheerleaders....they do this really funny cheer called "The Whale" and when they start, the entire band stands up and starts doing it too. Sad thing is, we're actually better than them. Then when we stop, they get really confused and mess up. We also starty shouting out their cheers randomly and they start too. When they start, we immediatly stop and change cheers. We are so mean to them...it's great.

Old March 13th, 2004, 06:13 PM
pioneer

lmao. Our school doesn't have cheerleaders mainly because:

1. We don't have a football team.

2. All of our gals are unofficial cheerleaders.

3. ...ummmmmmmm...
Old March 14th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

no football team? :o( i would cry haha
Old March 15th, 2004, 08:21 PM
iRiNA

hm.. cheerleading can be considered a sport i guess... i dont know though- i havent tried it.. it does look fun though- i play tennis and i know thats considered a sport =]

oh and abt the diesel clothing line stuff b4.. i dont know if that actually tells you t0o much abt a person.. b/c i wear clothes by Diesel, Juicy Couture, DKNY, Baby Phat, Rocawear, Ecko, Tommy GiRL, jLO and Gap and stuff- some people label me as a preppy girl but im not.. they only do it cuz of how i dress but once they get to know me .. im not one of the typical snotty girls or w/e.. evn tho sometimes i get ditzy abt some stuff (who doesnt?) - but thats besides the point..

basically clothes just gives people something 2 judge u by .. since they have nothing else to base their opinions on =]

[img]http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=04&year=2004&day=03&hour=12:00[/img on the GOLDEN PRiNCESS 04/03 =]
Old March 27th, 2004, 10:24 PM
sunshinekc

ok....well, im a cheerleader. I really didnt want to do it because i dont like some of the cheerleaders and the way they act. but, the first day i went to practice they took us outside and told us to run. i was in such good shape by the end of 5 weeks!! at my highschool the cheerleaders work harder than most people think. in my opinion, competitive cheerleading is a sport.
~kc
Old August 15th, 2004, 05:18 PM
klarissa

i think ceerleading is a sport 'cuz you basically get your stretches done you warm up and its reel good 4 ur heart. just my opinion.
Old August 15th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarCruiser

well..our cheerleaders are very RUDE!!I am a Twirler and love it!!we so as much work as they do!!!

Rhapsody,Carnival Jubilee,Carnival Celebration,Carnival Elationjuly18-25,04,Carnival Ecstasy 11-11-04!