Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2004, 07:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to hockeynut_66 Send a message via MSN to hockeynut_66
Default Re: Cheerleading

i think it is a sport and at my school there not really preps they're just like everyone else.
and no i wouldnt not date one b/c they are or arent a cheerleader. cheerleaders are sweet.

Old August 15th, 2004, 08:54 PM
First Mate

um i realy dont like cheer leaders there to prepy and its not a sport in my mind they might be active but its not realy a sport
Old August 16th, 2004, 12:40 PM
~!*Lauren*!~

I dont consider cheerleading a sport at games and stuff...but like when they go into competion i guess its a sport....but i dont know..lol...and at my school cheerleaders arent *****y...but maybe thats b/c a lot of them are my friends and what do all of yall consider "Preppy". Do you just get called that bc you dress in nice clothes??? O well yall post your comments...luv ya bunchez ~!*lauren*!~
Old August 16th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to glamour1030

What do ya'll think of your schools poms squad/dance team/kick line?
Old August 17th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to kahunababe101

Ok for all of those that don't think its a sport, look at some all star cheerleading or college cheerleading and then tell me that cheerleading isn't a sport.....its a very competitive sport and you're always moving and its the best workout of your life

Celebrity Galaxy 6/03
Celebrity Summit 8/03
RCI Adventure of the Seas 6/04
RCI Grandeur of the Seas 7/05
RCI Freedom of the Seas 6/06
RCI MAJESTY OF THE SEAS 8/14/06
Old August 17th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to uniQue15Grl

Our cheerleaders aren't popular, but that's cuz im at a small private school and ne one (even if they suck) can be a cheerleader. NO offence if they suck, cuz i by no means have great athletic skill... lol I guess its a sport, cuz it counts as a sports credit at our school. lol Well yea, and guys... i dunno... i can't really tell cuz i don't really kno wut REAL cheerleaders are like...
Old August 18th, 2004, 11:23 AM
HeatherK

Hi! call it whatever you want. does it matter who thinks cheering is a sport? i've been a cheerleader for 8 years now. i love football and love the spirit we bring to the games. i love the competitions even more. we practice...we jump.....we run...we tumble....we practice....we exercise...we condition...we tumble....we run....we practice...we jump....etc! call it whatever you want to - its alot of hard work but when we win or even place in large competitions its awesome! to me cheerleading is a sport just like any other "competitive game" !
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:14 PM
First Mate

Old August 18th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarCruiser

So then what do yall think about twirlers?

I am a twirler and i still think that twirlers do as much work as cheerleaders do!!

Rhapsody,Carnival Jubilee,Carnival Celebration,Carnival Elationjuly18-25,04,Carnival Ecstasy 11-11-04!
Old August 21st, 2004, 10:24 AM
Dancing_Babe88

i consider every thing is a sport if you compete against other teams, if you dont then its a hobbie. At my school we have two seperat dance squads "peprally" and competitive. peprally just performs at basketball games etc. but we travel all over texas and compete with different dance studios. lots of work..

tylAr
Old August 21st, 2004, 01:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to glamour1030

rock on tylar...dancers kick ass.
Old September 17th, 2004, 10:49 PM
~alyssa~

i defently think cheerleading is a sport. I have been a cheerleader for7 years now and i do and always will think its a sport. I mean we do jumps, tons and tons of them, run and condition just like anyother sport. The ppl at me school just think its dumb but we really work hard and its. Omg, and i absolutly hate it when everyone at school call us preps cuz we like cheerleading it's so gay. But, yea cheerleading is a sport!

Old September 18th, 2004, 01:08 AM
Torey!

hey, you better not be dissin the SPORT anyone. lol.. im a cheerleader to! we rock, and we know it!
Old September 18th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

i think it is. It's like wushu. ANd you can't say wushu isn't a sport
Old September 20th, 2004, 02:52 PM
Passenger

ummm well I DO GYMNASTICS .. & to us its being a wannabe, but taking the lazy way out by doing cheering ..no offence haha ..my school cheerleaders are mostly like losers from my school.. usually its a pop sport in h.s ..mine isn't ..gymnastics & cheering are sort of the samel... but sorry girls but gymnastics is way more of a sport & tougher than cheering..
Old September 20th, 2004, 03:58 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Joefoe

i think that cheerleading and like dancing would fall into the same catagory, whether its a sport or not....thats really debateable, and i do think that gymnastics takes a little more skill then cheerleading...thats just me though.
Old September 25th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Breanna Marie

Cheerleading IS a sport... it takes alot of time and hard work... and if cheerleading isn't a sport then niether is FOOTBALL becuz we work just as hard if not harder then 1/2 the guys out there... so who ever says its not a sport... JUST TRY IT then you'll think different!

XoXo Breanna Marie
Old September 25th, 2004, 09:46 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to SoccerQT116

the only time i consider cheerleading a sport is competition...its not for sporting events.
Not only that but my friend who is a cheerleader basically agrees...cuz she does cheerleading and gymnastics...and she was cheering for football and basketball and wanted to do gymnastics since we got a new team. And football cheering and gymnastics are the same season and in NJ you cant be on 2 teams in one season. So she wrote a letter to the governor saying that during the fall cheerleading is not a sport but a (i dont exactly what she said it was) but it was something lik its a cheer squad or an organized group that cheers for the football team. and in the winter its a sport because thats when competition is held. And they let her do it.

Previous Cruises:
Carnival Conquest: April 4th-11th 2004
Carnival Victory: April 20th-27th 2003
Old September 25th, 2004, 11:01 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Joefoe

to breanna, i have no doubt that cheerleaders work hard but what i think of in a sport is something when two or more teams compete agianst one and other to beat the other one, and i dont see how cheering on the side of a football field is competing for a win, althought i do give them respect becuase they put alot of time and effort into it. However i think that competitive cheerleading is a sport becuase they go and compete agianst other squads to see which one is better.
Old October 10th, 2004, 09:17 PM
allison weikel

not all cheerleaders are preps and of course cheerleading is a sport its just like foot ball its fun its sponsers school spirit and it keeps you physicaly phit and if guys are that shallow to go out with a girl just because they are a cheerleader they go issues but most guyz i kno arnt shallow
Old October 10th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

oh i think its a sport i couldnt trow someone in the air a catch them

Old October 12th, 2004, 12:54 AM
Passenger

Sport= offense and defense; cheerleading is not a sport.. Just because you work hard at something and it's difficult at times, doesnt make it a sport.
Old October 12th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro

what about golf? no defense in golf. or track or swimming no offence or defence

Old October 12th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Passenger

golf is definately not a sport. Track is other sports' punishment- because when your coach gets mad at you, he makes you run. Therefore track is not a sport. Swimming is the same idea as track.
Old October 12th, 2004, 04:02 PM
~!*Lauren*!~

I think swimming is a sport bc if you compete against other ppl and you have to get in good physical shape for swimming to keep up......like in the olympics...but thats the olymics...lol but i dont know if i consider golf a sport bc your not really doing anything except hitting the ball.
Old October 12th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to prettyINpink

this is so dumb, who cares if someone thinks something is a sport or not! im so sick of this topic being here and people complaining about whether something being a sport or not. just because what youve seen of something doesnt automatically mean that its the same everywhere else.
Old October 12th, 2004, 04:31 PM
Yeoman

not only is golf a sport but might be the MOST HARD sport you can play

Old October 12th, 2004, 05:01 PM
~!*Lauren*!~

well if your so tired of this topic then dont post
Old October 12th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to eclipsegtf10mch Send a message via MSN to eclipsegtf10mch

for the amount some people post on here i wonder if they really have an existant life outside of this messageboard....i have specific people in mind with this statement.

Old October 12th, 2004, 06:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to prettyINpink

im just sick of people judging and i have every right to post on here. im just saying that people shouldnt say something isnt a sport unless theyve tried it. yah golfing hard, swimming and track.theres no way i could hit a little ball as far as some people do, swim fast, and i hate running and i know all those sports are hard. i dont judge what others do because i think its cool that they are involve in something and if they love it then thats even better. i love cheerleading, its what i do, and it doesnt matter what others think.