Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2004, 09:01 PM
cheer_brat_06

Default Cheerleading

Hey eveyone what is ur opinion of cheerleaders are they just preps like on TV if so tell me all about them. .And do u think it is a sport (hell yeah it is) and guys would date or not date a girl just cuz she is a cheerleader??

Much lOve
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak
Default Re: Cheerleading

Ahh hard one... Sorry, but I really dont think cheerleading is a "sport" but someone can easly convince me differently. I would not really put into effect if they are a cheerleader or not, just as long as they arent like one of those girls from "Bring it on."

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old February 27th, 2004, 09:09 PM
Admiral

Ok I thought about it, and well you do get a workout- so its a technically a sport... but still eh...

Old February 27th, 2004, 09:16 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Sara754

yeah i hope girls can answer this too..
i dont really think high school cheerleading (like cheering at games) is a sport.. but like allstart competition cheerleading is.. i really dont think i could go out there and do that.. that takes a lot a work so technically i think its a sport..lol

Carnival Destiny 2004
Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas 2005
Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas 2006
Crown Princess 2007
Carnival Valor 2009

Carnival Freedom June 2011!
Old February 27th, 2004, 11:00 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to Wayne

At my school, most of the cheerleaders are sluts, so I wouldn't date any of them.... I think Cheerleading is somewhat a sport but its similar to dancing i guess...
Old February 27th, 2004, 11:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to glamour1030

yeah it is. im on poms...which is totally different but thats a sport too and i constantly bicker with people on this subject
Old February 28th, 2004, 08:29 AM
cruiseprincess0162

Well I do cheerleading outside my school(our school doesnt have any sports teams). Comeptetive cheerleading is a sport and just cheering at a game isnt. They are 2 totaly different things.
XoXo
Jenna
Old February 28th, 2004, 10:56 AM
ThrillRiderChick

K ive got 2 friends who are cheerleaders and they do hard core workouts...but i still wouldnt consider that a sport...just like a wouldnt consider weight lifting a sport....I personally dont like cheerleaders at my school cuz they suck like hi lets clap our hands and bouce around in a mini skirt haha sry but yeah thats just me!...ive also heard the states takes cheerleading really serious...where as canada...no one really cares lol..

-SaraH-
Old February 28th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Otis

I would have to say that neither cheerleading or poms are sports. As far as hockey and lacrosse go, my school has them too, as well as rugby. All three of them are not considered sports at my school either. This is because of the physical risk that goes along with the sports. The school does not want to be responsible if someone gets hurt, so they put them in the "club" catagory so that they are not on the school insurance.
Old February 28th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

It all kinda depends. If you go to a big prestegious school, the cheer leaders are the preps. If its a small school where the cheer leaders suck..... there wanna be preps. So it all depends on the school whether cheerleading makes you preppy.
Old February 28th, 2004, 12:09 PM
ThrillRiderChick

i agree with you there rob...but the cheerleaders arent preps at my school at all lol..they're diesle girls *grr*.

-SaraH-
Old February 28th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

what the f bomb is a diesle girl?.. i gave up swearing for lent O:o)
Old February 28th, 2004, 04:52 PM
inmyworld4ever

I'm not getting into this again! I got yelled at here, for saying somethings about cheerleaders and preps!
Old February 28th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

Diesel is a clothing label. Yea, at my old school i was in the preppy group, and none of the people were cheerleaders.

-Rob
Old February 28th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Weightlifting is soooo much a sport! I weightlift and its not easy, you have to constantly push your body to do more- rather then jump around in mini skirts!

Old February 28th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Admiral

Uh yeah there are weightlifting meets at my school, there are rules you have to follow and stuff.

Old February 28th, 2004, 09:19 PM
ThrillRiderChick

weight lifting i dont think its a sport but everyone is intitled to their own "sports" or not haha :P:P, diesle is a clothing line but its ppl that follow ALL the trends..and wear kappa, parasuco, diesle ect... (italian lables...but the ppl arent italian lol) these ppl are also called gina's/gino's lol!!

one question whats the vertic on Horse Back Ridding...who thinks it is a sport!?...i ride competivly and its hard as hell...but you need to be a competive rider for the ride to really be hard...i jump and the bottom half of my body is all muscle so thats gotta say somthing to the "sport" lol :S

-SaraH-
Old February 28th, 2004, 11:13 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Sara754

personally i think horseback ridings a sport.. i used to ride and its not easy at all.. but yeah thats just my opinion..

Carnival Destiny 2004
Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas 2005
Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas 2006
Crown Princess 2007
Carnival Valor 2009

Carnival Freedom June 2011!
Old February 29th, 2004, 02:14 PM
cheer_brat_06

ok we are a small school and just cauz ur a cheerleader dont mean ur a prep thats crazy that they r at yalls school at r school everyone does everything i am not a prep and no we dont just jump around in mini skirts.. It is hard wark we practice long hours and if u mess up in football like missing a catch all u miss is the ball but in cheerleading if u miss a catch u miss a person.. This could serously injure a person we have thrown a girl and missed her and she got hurt.. and Horseback riding is definatly a sport i do it competivitly and it is hard.. I bet anyone of yall who say that they r not sports can go out and master it the first day.. O and we r nothing like the girls on bring it on
Old February 29th, 2004, 02:46 PM
anti (linsey)

yeah horse back riding is a major sport.... there are rules and its hard as hell to do that stuff.... i have my own horse (six year old tb) and its like the best workout you can do with your body (aka do you know how many calories burn while riding??) CHEERLEADING is not a sport unless you can really do some cool stuff in gymnastics..... sorry but its just some gay skirt division anyways all these losers made the cut at our school so our cheerleaders suck HAHAHHAHAA lol sorry im getting carried away
Old February 29th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to meag

I personally don't it consider cheerleading when it is at a high school football game a sport because there is no competition or anything. I would consider competition cheerleading a sport. Weightlifting..? I've never thought about that..

I am biased against cheerleaders, I admit it. But I do have some friends who are cheerleaders! It just seems like MOST cheerleaders are obnoxious, and I guess since one of my all-time enemies (haha) was a cheerleader, I tend to think that more than 50% of cheerleaders are *****es. Is it true, who knows? Are they preps? Uh, most of them dress "preppy" and that's usually only how I classify preps. I'm sure there are many cheerleaders out there who do not dress "preppy" in normal situations but in my mind, the majority of them do. If you mean *****y snobby people, then you have already heard my answer.

Navigator of the Seas - Feb. 14
Old February 29th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to glamour1030

To be enrolled in and attend a preparatory school, thats the definition of Prep. I think it's stupid how people label...i mean come on labels are for soupcans...can't we all grow up?? i wear a wide variety of things ranging from Abercrombie, to Roxy, to Lacoste, to O'Neill...but i am considered a prep because i'm in the popular group of kids, not to sound cocky or anything. and about the cheerleader thingy....uh...yeah i agree with some of you on some points...cheerleading is a sport...but no they are not all snobby *****es. a lot of my friends are cheerleaders and wanna know something even cooler...there are girls on the squad who are considered..GASP...LOSERS. yeah so this is just my side of the story.
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:43 AM
Passenger

A few posts back someone mentioned something about weightlifting not being a sport....I used to think that to until I went to my friend's meet...wow, if you weight lift I have a big respect for you...it looks like it hurts!!
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:34 PM
LilEm13

I am cheerleader and love it. It is really hard and takes a lot of hard work and pratice.
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM
kiml

k props to all you ppl who said riding is a sport cuz here in canada thats very irregular that someone considers it a sport lol oh and i know a lot of the guys think its so easy but i know i threw my ex on the back of my horse and he nearly had a heartattack haha great fun! lol....but yeah countthestars...hockey (true canadian sport) and lacross are FO SHO sports both of them are hella hard..and you endure hard ass training....but i donno cheerleading you guys still havnt convinced me cheerleading a sport lol...oh and btw...you DO bounce around in mini skirts...and all the cheerleaders they think their the ****, but no one really likes any of them. ANYWAYS...one thing we think we can all agree on not being a sport is Elephant Training (ahah dont ask) lol :P

-SaraH-
Old March 2nd, 2004, 01:10 AM
ScottZ

Cheerleading is definately a sport. Most of you only see cheerleading from the point as an athlete or spectator at a football game, basketball game, or pep rally. Though not many schools take it past this point, a lot of schools do have a competitive cheerleading program.

How you define a "sport" is what confuses most. You have to have tremendous athletic ability, strength, coordiation, and balance as well as excellent gymnastic skill.

Check out the pictures I've included in this post and the one below. This isn't your typical "bounce around in mini-skirt" type cheerleading.

Old March 2nd, 2004, 01:14 AM
ScottZ

Old March 2nd, 2004, 01:15 AM
ScottZ

Default Re: Re: Cheerleading

[img]http://members.aol.com/scottz1980/cheer2
Old March 2nd, 2004, 01:16 AM
ScottZ

Old March 3rd, 2004, 03:21 PM
christina..

Im a varsity cheerleader at my school...and its definetly a sport....we had long practices every day getting ready for competitions and we even qualified for finals...its a lot of hard work.....just like as in any other sport such as basketball or football (that compete against one other team) us cheerleaders can compete up to about 16 other teams at one time........people shouldnt say cheerleading isnt a sport unless theyve tried it.....its not all looking pretty in a miniskirt and jumping around......its hardcore competition........