Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2004, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick
Default Cruisin w/ friends...

Has anyone ever brought a friend on a cruise with them? I might be bringing 1 of my best friends on the Adventure Feb 19 05. Is it weird with the tipping and taxi cab fares and stuff???
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2004, 01:56 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to duct_tape_pro Send a message via MSN to duct_tape_pro Send a message via Yahoo to duct_tape_pro
Default Re: Cruisin w/ friends...

if you don't bring a frind it's easy to make them on ship.

Old March 1st, 2004, 03:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to cruiseprincess0708 Send a message via MSN to cruiseprincess0708

Well I met some1 on cruisemates before I came. It was just like brining a friend with me!
XoXo
Jenna
Old March 1st, 2004, 03:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to glamour1030

I'm bringing a friend on a cruise with me...it will both be our first time...plus my parents are coming so they'd pay for stuff like the cab..

Old March 1st, 2004, 04:47 PM
kEn dAwg

yea, bring a friend that is fun and spontaneous and not shy... i brought 2 of my friends, and they never wanted to do anything....so i ditched em haha, but for real, bring FUN ppl...my advice
Old March 1st, 2004, 06:45 PM
CruzinTeen

I brought four friends on a cruise with me and I'm glad I did cuz there was no one else our age!!!
Old March 1st, 2004, 07:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak

Yeah I have brought and gone on cruises with friends. In some ways its alot more fun, and some ways it sucks.
Its alot more fun, because usually you will get your own room together, meaning that you can do what you want, when you guys want. Its also cool having someone to talk about going and anticipating the cruise before it happens. While onboard, you have someone to hangout with 24/7, and while in port someone to hangout with.

It can sometimes be a pain though, when you want to go somewhere, but they dont because they are tired, it feels akaward just leaving on your own. And also think that you would be spending a week straight with your friend, do you really want a full week? I personally like to have time for myself.

It really is a toss up- but if it was 2,3, or 4 day cruise, I would say defiantly, but for 7or more??? Just go with your family, meet your own friends and have fun.

Thats just my $.02!

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old March 1st, 2004, 08:29 PM
Melz

I took my best friend with me on my last cruise and we had alot of fun. Yes, we did get annoyed with each other at times but we still had fun. She is also going with me this year and I'm glad she is. It's just different with a friend. If you do take a friend I would reccomend taking a REALLY good friend since you do have to spend a week with them!
Old March 2nd, 2004, 02:48 PM
lauren m

Yes, of course make sure your friend is outgoing and fun but also if you are cruising with your family, be sure your friend fits into your family well. Like, your friend can hang out with your family without you. I bought along my best friend, and she acted as my moms daughter, which was good, so we didnt always have to hang out. You shouldnt have to act as a hostess to your friend.
Old October 8th, 2004, 09:11 AM
Passenger

does anyone know the cruise line rules about bringing a friend. what do their parents have to do.. sign some sort of paper. we are thinking about it! please help!
thanks!

Dee
Old October 8th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Passenger

we have 30 people going on our cruise in January. Cant wait.

Old October 8th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to imsoSCENE

i brought my friend with me on my cruise and i thought it was fun.. but then a couple months after the cruise i realized that i would have been happier if she wasn't there. we were always complaining about wanting to do this and wanting to do that, and she liked all these people that i hated and she hated everyone that i made friends with.. and it was baaaaaaaaaad. but it was also fun because i had someone to sleep with and eat dinner with and chill at the ports with.. soooooooo its kinda a win/lose situation..

Old October 8th, 2004, 10:16 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to sparklingeyez9

i think its an all win brining friends on a cruise .. me n my friends alwasy get along perfectly n have the best time and with or without them i still meet the same amount of people and do the same things .. but with friends i always have people like when i dont no anyone yet to eat dinner wtih go back to the room with and the ports and all that stuff .. .
Old October 9th, 2004, 08:59 AM
Admiral

I will have to report back after my Miracle cruise, I am bringing along a friend with me- I think all will be fine because its only a night cruise.

Old October 9th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

i would MUCH rather go on a cruise with family.. i went on a cruise for senior spring break this past april with 7 of my friends and it was honestly the worst vacation EVER. i actually counted down the days until we got off the ship
Old October 9th, 2004, 01:04 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Joefoe

i usually bring friends along on my vacations and ive always had a good time as long as u and your friend have similar interests and your both fairly outgoing.
Old October 11th, 2004, 09:04 AM
Passenger

I took a friend on the Adventure in August and it was terrible. My parents paid for everything except her shopping. We even bought her one or two gits everyday, She never went to the teen center with me or just hung out. She was always trying to hook up with some guy. She refused to go to Johnny Rockets or order pool side drinks (to many calories). At dinner she'd sit through the entire meal and just eat the salad! It was awful and I wish I'd never asked her to go. I thought we'd have so much fun, but she was entirely different than she is normally. She acted like she is someone she wasn't the entire cruise. She also was so homesick for her mom that I couldn't believe it. We are 17 and seniors in high school! If you take a friend be prepared for the unexpected. Peronally, I will never again take one. It ruined my entire week.
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Linz421

I brought my best friend with me on my first cruise in July! It was soooo much fun having her there, we had a blast! I definately recommend bringing a friend! We had so much fun that im bringing her on the cruise im going on over spring break on the carnival spirit!
Old October 14th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Admiral

Tweety, how did things work out on land- sorry that your cruise was so bad. I auctually read it twice to get the full picture!

Old October 18th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Kimmzi99

Hey! I went on a teen tour this summer...its like a group of teens travel around together...i went to liek alaska hawaii canada california etc...and while we were in alaska we were on the Carnival Spirit and there were about 90 kids from going to be freshman to seniors in high school...it was the BEST experience EVER!!! But when i cruise with my family its just with my family and its pretty fun bcuz i always meet people so either way its great!!

Old October 20th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Passenger

Dan

Back on land she is pretty much her old self. She did tell everyone that cruises are not fun. That she doesn't know why I enjoy them so much, because they are boring and there is nothing to do. She tells everyone that she will never go on another one. All I know is that I'll never ask her again. I took another cruise, this time on the NCL Sea, in September (without any friends) and I had a great time! The ship is a lot smaller than I am used to, there weren't as many activities, and the teen program is not near as good as RCCL; but I still enjoyed myself greatly.