Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Passenger

Default Do you dress according to what cruise line you go on?

My first cruise was on Celebrity and I really liked dressing up for dinner, especially since Celebrity is pretty dressy. Then I vowed to never slack off when it came to dressing up no matter what cruise line I go on. Then I went on Carnival only to find out that I was the only one wearing a cocktail dress on casual night, which you could get away with on Celebrity without standing out like a sore thumb. So on the rest of the Carnival cruise I just wore a jean skirt on casual nights, which is still pretty decent (that's about as casual as I will get) but I still saw lots of people wearing shorts. I actually liked the change though, it was nice to be a little more laid-back for once. Our next cruise was on Costa, and I did my research and found out it is somewhat laid-back too, so I didn't go all out when it came to dressing up. My next cruise will be on the QM2 which is probably just about as dressy as you can get at sea haha.

Although I enjoy dressing up on cruises, I don't want to feel out of place either, so I dress depending on which ship we're on. How about you? Will you never be caught dead in the dining room wearing jeans, or are you a nonconformist and enjoy shocking people by making a grand entrance in your jammies? ;D
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:13 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Do you dress according to what cruise line you go on?

I've taken all my cruises except two (Carnival) on Celebrity. I did notice the change. Usually you couldn't get away with wearing jeans on Casual night on Celebrity, but it seemed like everyone was wearing them on Carnivals casual night. I enjoy getting dressed up for Formal night, but afterwords I put on something comfortable and relax. Maybe it just has to do with your destination. I know for my cruise in Europe I dressed a lot more sophisticated and reserved than compared to my Caribbean cruises where I can just walk around in a baithingsuit, a shirt, and those wraps around( you know what I'm talking about?)
Old May 12th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Linake
Default Re: Do you dress according to what cruise line you go on?

On Royal Caribbean people wore jeans on formal night and got away with it. But on Princess and Celebrity they'll send you away unless its the very first night and you havent go your luggage yet. I think its fun to dress up. In Europe I did dress up alot more. More men wore tuxes then they did in the Caribbean. It just probally depends on the line on how people dress.