Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Teen Cruisers
Register Forgot Password?

Teen Cruisers Teens - meet here, meet onboard.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2004, 08:42 PM
sXe.sXe.sXe.sXe

Default i think im alone in saying this...

do most teens on cruises do bad stuff like drinking and crap? from all the posts thats what it seems like...i could be wrong...but yeah. im not into that stuff at all...and i dont wanna have a bad time cause im one of the few people (or so it seems) that dont...yeah...im probably just worrying to much but whatever.
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2004, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to DanPolulak
Default Re: i think im alone in saying this...

Dont worry about it, some are into it and some arent. Just do what you like to do to have a good time...

RIP- Cruisemates Teen Host
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:46 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

Cruises are a chance for teens to experiance new things. In some cases that means alchol and drugs. They are very easy to get onboard, and some take advantage of it. Let loose and have a good time. Just remember - alochol is ok, in moderation!
Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:52 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to sportsgalcourtney
Default Re: Re: i think im alone in saying this...

not really...its ILLEGAL! duh (if youre under 18)

Goin Cruisn April 24th
Royal Caribbean Explorer

Old March 23rd, 2004, 04:00 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to rottencheese77
Default Re: Re: Re: i think im alone in saying this...

If some people in the group your hanging with start drinking or doing something you wouldn't normally do then don't do it. Go off and get pizza till they pass out or something cause at the end of the night you won't be the one being hauled back to your room by security.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 04:58 PM
Passenger

what's so bad about drinking...the only country that its really a big deal in is the US. Its not dangerous (unless youre really stupid, or with total assholes) and it makes parties and socializing more fun alot of the time. saying drinking is bad because its illegal is like comdemning driving 55 in a 45...
Old March 23rd, 2004, 07:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to meag

I'm about to ramble so you might just wanna skip this

In response to "drinking being fun and okay" (or whatever)
Um..Drinking is bad because it can eventually kill your liver, and then you. It's hazardous to your health. If you can't have fun without alcohol, then that's sad. You don't need alcohol to have fun. Alcohol = not good for you. Simple as that? I don't even believe alcohol is okay in moderation at this age because so many teens are unresponsible and stupid about that kind of stuff. I mean it's fine to have a glass of wine or a beer every so often when you get a bit older...but the kids I saw drinking on cruises NEVER drank in moderation and were drunk by the end of the night. It's easier to get addicted too because of all the changes going on in your body during your teen years. I dunno..I just don't think teen/underage drinking is a good idea.

Oh and don' t worry, I'm sure there will be teens that aren't into drinking.

Okay...I'm done.

Post Edited (03-23-04 19:24)

Navigator of the Seas - Feb. 14
Old March 23rd, 2004, 07:21 PM
hunch17

A cruise is your best choice to try one of the above. im not a drinker but i got trashed 3 out of the 7 days just because i knew i was safe, no driving, no going anywhere i dont want to. plus you do some funny as things when you drunk so this way you get to know what your like before your at home. Like im a 17 year old preppy jock guy, and every1 was on the floor laughing at me cuz i was singing karoke all or nothign by otown in the teen bar. its a chacne to just go out and let loose and have fun. but alot of people dont drink so dont worry about it!
Old March 23rd, 2004, 07:55 PM
Passenger

^^what adam and hunch said
unless youre an alcoholic, or drive drunk (stupid), or somehow get alcohol poisoning by drinking waaaaaay too much (way past throwing up), then its really not that bad, its just a good time every once in awhile.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:23 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to rottencheese77
Default Re: Re: i think im alone in saying this...

Ya know you have a point about trying drinking on a cruise. You're bascially trapped in a safe place where you know you're not gonna be able to drive or do some stupid stuff like that. The only thing is don't over do it, Your not paying 1000+ to have a hangover instead of chillin at the beach or something.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:30 PM
EagleFan20

for the people who say drinkin is really bad and you can have fun without it i want to know if you have actually even tried it. the only time its dangerous is if you in a car with people who have been drinking or your just not responsible. i think its fine but thats just my opinion...
Old March 23rd, 2004, 08:45 PM
sXe.sXe.sXe.sXe

thanks for all your opinions...i guess i could see how its a good time and all that...and even though ive never tried it...ive had friends that have and theyve had horrible experiences with it and i wanna learn from their mistakes ya know? who knows, i might or might not try it. but probably not. just not my thing....but youre right when you say youre safe so who knows. haha well. safe from everything but my parents.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Lin-Z Send a message via MSN to Lin-Z

Technically youre not all too safe.. Yea you can't drive anywhere.. But being intoxicated can mess up your sight, sense of judgement, ability to think straight, and God knows what else.

For one, say you r a girl (or a guy, i bet this could even happen to you, more likely for a girl tho) but youre a girl, and u get really drunk with this hot guy.. its the same as if u were at a party at home... this guy persuaded you to sleep with him... youre so drunk you can't tell the difference...

And in the rare rare case of the ******* who drinks irresponsibly and falls off a ship.. but thats like 1 in a million.. haha

So.. I guess the only real difference from drinking at a party than on a ship (that i can think of..) is the whole driving bit... hmm yea.. anyways

BUT STILL DRINK RESPONISIBLY PEOPLE!!! Know your limits.. Stay safe people!

"I'm so PUNK!!!!!!"

Old March 24th, 2004, 06:04 AM
EagleFan20

dang dude u were wasted hahaha
Old March 24th, 2004, 07:52 AM
hunch17

Yeah but i hadnt really drank much before in my life before i went on my last cruise (mariner of the seas february 8th 2004) but that was the first time i got drunk. Some good places to go in the ports i was at were, jimmy buffest margaritaville in ocho rios jamaica. Carlos and Charlies in Cozumel, and Any bar in nassau!! Jimmy Buffets is gorgeous, greatest place in the world, i got great stories from that place
Old March 24th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Passenger

What cruise are you going on? I have teens that aren't into drinking either-- but always manage to have fun.
Old March 24th, 2004, 01:22 PM
SuGaR_SwEeT

ok, well, I think that it's ok to drink a littttle bit, but obviously that doesn't happen on cruises. people get so drunk and it's annoying the way they act. u can have fun without drinking, as long as not everyone else is getting wasted cuz those people are not fun to be around.....

sorry, but I like guys with some class
Old March 24th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Tauruschick

The waiters on the NOS offered me wine and I'm 14.....so whats that mean? my parents let me try their after dinner shots, but thats it.....its not like i got drunk
Old March 24th, 2004, 05:18 PM
inmyworld4ever

How did all of u get past your parents? (if they were with u) I''ve tryed wine and it's so gross. If you're drunk they could get you kicked off the ship, so y risk it? Maybe it's cause I'm a little good two shoes, on most things. But having the risk of my parents, and the crew finding out that i was drunk wouldn't be very fun! If you can't be ur self on a ship were u might never see these people again, then that REALLY is sad. Drinking can kill you if u drink to much, or if ur body rejects it! (that can happen)

My 2 cents don't count very much, but I haven't been drunk b4 and maybe it's cause I'm only 14. But still would you risk ur life or ur parents trust just 2 act really stupid???
Old March 24th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

heya well im goin on splendor aug 14 (and at least frm these boards it looks like im alon so far :'( i really hope there r otehr my age) i'm sure as hell lookin to have a good time...the shots sound good to me....
Old March 24th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to sportsgalcourtney

all u drunk people have issues

Goin Cruisn April 24th
Royal Caribbean Explorer

Old March 24th, 2004, 07:29 PM
Passenger

"all u drunk people have issues"
...just because people party sometimes does not mean theyre drunks by any means. Seriously...I understand that drinking isnt for some people, and I used to think it was stupid too...but you cant talk until youve actually partied with a bunch of friends. Just bc these people have fun when they drink doesnt mean they have social problems...i dont know what school you go to, but its almost the opposite at mine. and myworld4ever...i can see where youre coming from seeing as youre 14, but saying that drinking is risking your life is a bit of an exaggeration. but yea, 14 is a bit young for drinking, heh...
Old March 24th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Passenger

when are you going on your cruise?
Old March 24th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Passenger

dude...i wish i was on the QM2...ill be pissed if no one drinks or can get alcohol on the ship im goin on this summer
Old March 25th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to meag

"only alcoholics or severe drinkers" They have to start somewhere don't they? I mean I'm sure there are some teens that can control their drinking but what about the majority who become alcoholics ? Even intelligent people become alcoholics, and its not like they want to be (usually). A lot of people become alcoholics because the addiction runs in their family and some factors like depression or boredom. I for example have an addiction "personality" in my family. I have so many alcoholics (and other addictions) in my family, it isn't even funny. The only person that I know that can drink responsibly is my mom and maybe a few other relatives. My dad, a wonderful, kind, extremely intelligent person, died from liver cancer about a year ago at 55. (And yes, it was a result of the drinking habit he had been fighting his whole life. Don't even say he must have not been trying to stop, okay? I saw this man struggle my whole life and it broke my heart.) No, I havn't been drunk before., but I have so much alcoholism running in my family it isn't even funny. I've seen people drunk. Plus, I feel that if I start drinking, I will not be able to stop just as my ancestors. Sure some people act crazy happy but then there are the people who are really mean and abuse when they get drunk, and that can be dangerous to themselves and other people on the cruises. (And no, my dad was not one of the people who was abuse so don't go there.) Alcohol can ruin people's lives. I don't think I'll ever be able to drink casually in my life because of all this. I'm not saying you shouldn't drink once your older, but I want people to be more careful about it. It is a fact that at this age, addiction rate is higher because of the changes going in your body. I want people to know the facts and risks. You seem to putting them all aside, saying "it won't happen to you." Well, a lot of the time when people say that, it does. Don't be ignorant. You know what you're getting into right? As long as you do, fine. Not much I can do at this point cept give you my 2 cents. And now you have it. Use it wisely =p.

Now I shall wait for the rest of the drinking is fun comments. The danger just makes it more fun, doesn't it? God.

Navigator of the Seas - Feb. 14
Old March 25th, 2004, 02:35 PM
rach193

I have two words for you, meag: Amen, sister. I wouldn't be against alcohol if it weren't for the strict age laws here in the United States. I, too, know that Europe is quite lenient regarding drinking, and there's no problem with that. But we don't live in Europe, and I don't want to get in trouble with the law. Sure, there are studies that show alcohol in moderation is beneficial to one's health, but there's a difference between moderation and excess. Please remember that. Alcohol not only harms the body but may cause embarrassing circumstances that all of us would much rather avoid. There are plenty of other ways to enjoy yourself. It is a known fact that people who being drinking before age 15 are four times more likely to develop alcohol dependence compared with those who have their first drink at age 21 or older. Be smart and know your limits.
Old March 25th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Passenger

"majority who become alcoholics"
lol...if thats true then about 67% of the people in my high school class are going to become alcoholics...
Drinking once or twice a week is not the devil, and I dont understand all of this "embarrassing circumstances" ****...I certainly dont judge people by how they act when theyre drunk. And saying that theres plenty of other ways to enjoy yourself is like saying that there are plenty of other sports besides basketball...after awhile things get boring and its good to open up and have some variety.
Old March 25th, 2004, 08:10 PM
COOLGUYWITAPS2

last year i went on a cruise on the celebertys horizion and there were like it hink 4-5 drugys who just came with there parents so they could smuggle back like 2 kilos of pot 1 kid was as dumb as a baby and bout a kilo of pot from some guy on cozumel and was casught by his parents so they threw it overboard i think he wasted like 100 doler on that **** and its all for the fish now lol a stoned shark that would b funnny and another kid went into a cigar lounge and lit his bong and smoked right infornt of 2 old ppl plying chess and 1 old guy said hey kid that stuff is bad for ya and then he goes back to playing cheess im like WTF U MORN GOD the old guy is dumber than the kid but cant blame em thy b old ppl
Old March 25th, 2004, 11:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

lol ok ppl who drink dont have issues. im 15 now, and its just for fun. its not like ppl r goin to seriously get drunk every nite, then they have a proble. but if its just every1 once in a while y the hell not? i guess it all dpends on teh person and the situation and all, but still. i hope i'm not alone on my cruise lol.
Old March 26th, 2004, 08:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Adam you say you really good at getting past your parents when your drinking but you also said it was your parents that put your age in as 18 on line not 15. So why are you saying thats you get past them.
Do you read the junk you write or maybe the drinking is already affected your head. It all did sound cool.